Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

New info added to images Exif data - Exposure mode, and Exposure bias/compensation

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 23:31 on 13th August 2019

Added 'Exposure Program' used,  e.g Shutter Priority, Aperture etc
Also added 'Exposure Bias' value

Let me know if you want any other information shown from the exif data.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 16:21 on 14th August 2019
All sounds good to me.
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 19:25 on 15th August 2019

Just spotted a minor typo in the information - Aperture Priority is mis-spelled 'Aperature Priority'

Otherwise all OK. 

poe
quotePosted at 20:49 on 15th August 2019
Thanks Edward, the typo is in a third-party file somewhere but I am having no luck tracking it down. I did have a quick look for it lastnight and another just now but still no luck.
poe
quotePosted at 20:44 on 16th August 2019
That typo has now been dealt with (had to get help!). The reason I couldn't find it is it's not part of the code on PoE, but is a value of the 'Exposure Program' exif field, so as we can't correct it at root, we now have to use a str_replace() function to deal with it, e.g str_replace('Aperature','Aperture'); which sorts it on the fly.
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 11:04 on 25th August 2019

Hi Chris & Sarah, I'm sorry I put you to so much work in fixing what I thought was a minor typo. It looks Ok now and much more professional.

Incidentally, the Exposure Mode information is very informative when looking at other people's pictures and learning what  mode seems to be their favourite. Personally I prefer Manual Mode when time permits, but everyone has their own preferences.

poe
quotePosted at 21:04 on 25th August 2019
No need to apologise Edward, we thank you for pointing it out, else it might have been forgotten about. And yes, it's good to see what mode people use and what other settings are used to get the results they do. A lot can be learned from it, as I'm finding out myself. 
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 10:03 on 29th September 2019
Having looked at quite a few images on PoE, I am not convinced that the EXIF data relating to exposure is always reported correctly. I started out with film photography (or should I call it analogue now ?) so I have  a pretty good idea  of the usual  ISO/Shutter Speed/Aperture values to expect with outdoor scenes. Anyone else got similar doubts about the accuracy of the reported data ? 
poe
quotePosted at 13:26 on 30th September 2019
Hi Edward. It should all be correct as it comes directly from the data on the image file, but if you have some specific examples, please post the image ID and I will investigate. Many thanks.
 Please login to post to this thread...