Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Scarcity of meaningful picture comments on PoE

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 23:53 on 11th October 2018

The issue of acceptable picture quality is likely to rattle on forever, since individual taste is so subjective, except perhaps for weeding out images with gross technical faults. However, PoE's suggestion of grouping multiple uploads of the same location so that only a top level picture shows in 'Latest Pictures', is in my opinion, a great idea. This would avoid the viewer having to plough through scores of pictures of a location he has no interest in.

I assume that the keyword identification would not be affected, so that someone coming into the site via a search engine would still pick up on all the relevant images. This is obviously important for those of us who might be hopeful of selling more pictures.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 06:55 on 12th October 2018
Thanks Edward. It won't be for a while, as we have zero budget for any changes right now, but it is top of the list. Keywords shouldn't be affected, but you're right to ask and I've made a note of that, thank you.
Paul V. A. JohnsonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul V. A. Johnson
quotePosted at 08:57 on 12th October 2018

I wholeheartedly agree with Edward re. grouping of multiple uploads.

I have just found that by clicking on "Donate" (which it would appear not many do) a random selection of photographs appearing larger than those at the top of Forum can be selected and commented on if so inclined. If that could be available under a seperate title such as "Random Selection" I believe many more people would view and hopefully comment.

Please login to post to this thread...