Ipswich

in the county of Suffolk

Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire - 'The Boat' by the canal

Berkhamsted

in the county of Hertfordshire

St Peter's

Derby

in the county of Derbyshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Donations urgently needed - Please help if you can

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 13:30 on 11th December 2020

This year, even before the pandemic, has seen an increase in visitors to the site, better than the previous few years, which has been really uplifting for Sarah and myself to see after a few really difficult years of trying to keep the site afloat. However, what is desperately frustrating and heartbreaking for us is the timing of it all, as the increase in site traffic has not transferred into an increase in site revenue, quite the opposite in fact due to a few factors but mainly because of the virus and companies who were advertising on the site and paying us for clicks through to their business, have paused their advertising with us due to the lockdowns and loss of revenue themselves. We do expect revenue to return once the vaccination program proves successful and the world returns back to some sort of normality with the virus in check, but until then we are really struggling more than ever to keep the site going, therefore if anyone can afford to donate please please do as every single penny will help us right now with keeping the site online.

Any suggestions are also very welcome. 

Kind regards,

Chris & Sarah

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poe
quotePosted at 22:32 on 30th December 2020

We currently need to raise £396.00. That keeps us going until the end of January when we need to pay an additional £1,500.

If anyone can donate towards this we would be forever grateful as we can't keep the site going unless we raise this money.

We know a lot of people are in the same boat because of this terrible virus, but if anyone can afford to donate, please do. Thank you.

Chris & Sarah

Paul V. A. JohnsonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul V. A. Johnson
quotePosted at 11:56 on 12th January 2021

I note that of today over 70 people have viewed POE's post. I also see that just 5 have made a donation to the site. This really is a very poor response. As far as I can see this site is very near to completely closing down due to a severe drop in income as a result of  the pandemic. Come on everyone help out it is so simple to make a donation,  help to keep this excellent site going. Every little helps.

poe
quotePosted at 10:06 on 13th January 2021

Thanks Paul, for your incredible support. Unfortunately donations are the only way forward for us at the moment. If we can raise the remaining £800 that will certainly prevent us having to let the site go in the coming weeks. We will probably need to keep the donations link prominent on the site for a while though after that until the virus is fully in check and advertising picks back up again.
Here's the link to the donations page if anyone can donate. Thank you for your kind support.

Chris & Sarah

Please login to post to this thread...