Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Highcliffe

Highcliffe

in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

England only?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

David BrookerPremier Member - Click for more info
David Brooker
quotePosted at 14:36 on 27th September 2019
Noticed some comments about pictures of Scotland on the site, are Scottish images allowed?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 15:01 on 27th September 2019
I'd have to say no at this time David, due to hosting restraints. One or two do get uploaded from time to time, but we try to avoid letting too many in, and will probably put a stop to it altogether going forward. Having pictures of Scotland or Wales on the site also tends to get peoples backs up, and we've had some pretty angry emails in the past, from those of Scottish or Welsh descent.
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 18:33 on 30th September 2019

I will now delete my pictures of the Isle Of Man, to comply with the England only rule.

I only hope they have not seriously offended anyone.  

Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 18:37 on 30th September 2019
My pictures of Wales now also deleted. 
poe
quotePosted at 06:49 on 1st October 2019
Well, it's a shame really, but we may have to cut the site down in size anyway as we simply cannot keep up with the hosting anymore. We've been working hard on a few things to help, but time is against us I'm afraid. Please however don't delete any of your amazing pictures of England.
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 08:23 on 1st October 2019

I think it might be time for me to take another look at my pictures and delete any Imfeel are not up to the standards set here. 

My photography has evolved over the years. Maybe, the images I liked back a few years would just not pass muster with me now.

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 11:13 on 1st October 2019
On 1st October 2019 08:23, Rod Burkey wrote:

I think it might be time for me to take another look at my pictures and delete any Imfeel are not up to the standards set here. 

My photography has evolved over the years. Maybe, the images I liked back a few years would just not pass muster with me now.

For anyone taking photography seriously, it is desirable and normal for their skills to evolve over time, and it can be easy to be critical of one's earlier efforts.  I understand your sentiments, Rod, as I feel similarly. However, I know you are selective in your uploads, and have kept the numbers down, so I hope you do not delete your earlier shots, many of which will still be of interest to others.

poe
quotePosted at 12:38 on 1st October 2019
Yes we second that, please don't remove any Rod. You certainly wouldn't be doing the site any favours either by removing them, as even those earlier shots are some of the best on here.
 Please login to post to this thread...