Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Forest covert with moss at Borrowdale

Borrowdale

in the county of Cumbria

Pilley, Hampshire

Pilley

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

England?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Andrew Marks
Andrew Marks
quotePosted at 11:10 on 8th May 2011

Just curious. I see several pictures in the new pics list from Fife etc. Does this mean we can upload from anywhere in the British Isles?

Andrew

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:05 on 8th May 2011

Hi Andrew.

Obviously the website is about pictures of England, but owners Chris and Sarah have previously discussed the idea of covering the 'British Isles' via POE as opposed to just England, thus pictures of other locations are accepted.

Appropriate pictures of the British Isles will be approved, but I would ask that you and in fact all members, consider the ever increasing hosting costs incurred by this husband and wife team. The point being that we are having to start to look more closely at pictures that don't really provide any benefit to the site, an example being perhaps a members pet cat, or dog, whilst accepting of course that the pets mean the world to their owners.

Members can continue to help of course, by making a donation now, today and no matter how small, because it all helps to keep the site running! In the economic climate that we have to endure, I know money is tight for most, that includes Chris and Sarah.

Thank you all for your anticipated understanding.

Andrew Marks
Andrew Marks
quotePosted at 12:10 on 8th May 2011

Thanks Ron. I only asked as I have some pictures from the Isle of Man which I would like to share.

Andrew 

Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 18:47 on 8th May 2011

I asked the same question as Andrew last year and have since uploaded pictures of Scotland, this year I hope to be able to do the same for Wales.

Once again I would suggest that unsuitable pics could be weeded out which in my opinion (and that of others I have corresponded with) would go a long way to improving the site.

Dennis Bailey
Dennis Bailey
quotePosted at 16:25 on 17th October 2011

I have an idea. It is not to be criticism, so please don't take it as such. We have some excellent photographs that can only be described as awesome, and that is putting it mildly.  We also have photographs, including mine, that fall a little short of that. Why not let those fall off the wagon after a time period. If junking mine safeguards the future then go for it. Maybe mobile phone snaps should be looked at a little more. Although some take excellent shots most take *&$££". This website is an awesome gem that cannot be lost and i would do whatever it takes to keep it that way.

Does anyone know of a coalmine that employs children?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:40 on 18th October 2011
Please do not remove any pictures dear members, it has different effect on different areas of the site. Thanks...
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 13:14 on 18th October 2011

We take the good with the bad and all thats in-between, Dennis. 

Please login to post to this thread...