Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

James Clamp

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Pamela Barnes
Pamela Barnes
quotePosted at 20:36 on 3rd January 2013

James Clamp b 1876 Kingsbury Warwickshire, spouse Annie Bevins b 1875 Fradley Staffordshire, d c1915/9 Hemsworth Yorkshire.

James died 1924 Hemsworth Yorkshire, i have looked for census records about his death but cannot find anything, i have been told by James grandaughter ( my cousin) that Annie died whilst James was at war in the army, (consumption), as a result, when James returned home, he could not cope with his wife's death, as a result, he slit his own throat, i cannot find Anything  about this, even after scouring archive papers, maybe it was not published ?.

Can anybody help with this please ?.

Thank you

Pam

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:22 on 3rd January 2013

Hi Pamela. Can't help you with your search for James Clamp I'm afraid, but thought I would let you know that the picture submitted was too small, and apart from that we are not accepting Black and White just now to help with hosting costs.

I really do hope you get some help with this request, we do have some very clever people among the family of POE members.

Pamela Barnes
Pamela Barnes
quotePosted at 21:43 on 3rd January 2013

Thank you Ron, ok, that is alright, just thought a photo of the person in question would help, no problem.

This one is driving me mad actually, maybe in those days they did not publicise this kind of thing, i thought about sending for his birth cert, but, might be a waste of time, maybe will not give the cause of death ?.

Thank you anyway.

Pam.

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 21:50 on 3rd January 2013

Hi Pamla---if we start with Annie first----born  1879 actually and died near the end of 1915.

James'  death certificate might be what you had in mind.......

died 1923  Dec Qrt  Hemsworth registrar.  Vol 9C  page 170.

That should give you your answer from the GRO, though I think you've had this information since 2011.

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:3rd January 2013 22:15
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:59 on 3rd January 2013
Thank you Paul
Pamela Barnes
Pamela Barnes
quotePosted at 23:30 on 3rd January 2013

Thank you Paul, yes, got some info, but i need to confirm cause of death, thank you very much for your reply, very helpfull.

Pam

Please login to post to this thread...