in the county of Hampshire
Lytham St Anne's
in the county of Lancashire
Tyneham - Dorset's Lost Village
A Human Heart and a Ghost Story in a Northamptonshire Church
Please login or click here to join.
Forgot Password? Click Here
You are not logged in.
Not registered yet? Click here to join!
Camera Make: Canon Model: Canon PowerShot A520 Focal length: 5.8125 mm, Aperture: f 4, Exposure time: 1/250 sec, Metering Mode: Multi-Segment, Exposure Bias: 0 EVDate/Time Creation: June 27, 2006, 1:57 pm ImageID:1030145, Image size: 480 x 373 pixels
Restricted free use Wallpaper Background Image
restricted free use Wallpaper
Please login to make a comment on this picture
Beverley Minster possessed two bells in 1050. Four bells were installed in 1366, three of which are still in use in the Minster after having been recast. In the south-west tower there is a bell weighing over 7 tonnes and which is over 7 feet in diameter. It is a non-swinging bourdon bell called Great John, which chimes the hour and dates from 1901.
Follow us on social media and help share the beauty of England..