Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Westerdale ford. North Yorkshire Moors.

Westerdale

in the county of North Yorkshire

Standedge Tunnel, Marsden

Marsden

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Peter from ROMNEY, WV - USA

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Peter Ashelman
Peter Ashelman
quotePosted at 02:08 on 2nd December 2017

Hi from across the pond!

Greetings! We are Peter Ashelman and wife Judith, of Romney, West Virginia – USA – reachable on Facebook as allowed in host countries. We were born near Philadelphia and educated as Quakers (Society of Friends) in Philadelphia area schools and college adopting the English Friends’ principles. When younger, separately we both visited England and then in later years, before and after our marriage, we studied and taught in other countries of Western Europe, Africa and China - training adolescents and young adults for their professions. 

We've now retired to an old house in this County Seat, Romney in Hampshire County - WV’s oldest town, founded by Lord Fairfax of England in colonial Virginia and later named after the old town of Romney on England’s south coast. Our house built in the 1920s had various additions and a swimming pool since 1978 - all of which which we are being upgrading.

Today in a ‘duckduckgo.com’ search for “shires of England,” I discovered the amazing photography of POE: the stunningly beautiful “Pictures of England” web site. We travel to learn in developing an artistic sensibility and historical-cultural awareness toward a more sustainable, peace-loving perspective: “the earth is one country and mankind its citizens.” We enjoy sharing our abode with visiting friends and family from nearby and abroad. So today, the 1st of December, I registered with the POE community with hopes of visiting England with Judith and some of our grandchildren!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
 Please login to post to this thread...