Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Early morning sun at Boldre, near the town of Lymington

Boldre

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello from San Diego, California

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Diane Zayas
Diane Zayas
quotePosted at 21:06 on 5th March 2017

I am a native Californian and my absolute favorite thing to do is TRAVEL! 

A little bit about myself. I am 71, married, have 3 children, and 5 grandchildren. My husband and I will be traveling to the U.K. in September 2017. Cardiff, Bristol, and London. We will have 4 days in London and we would love to take day trips on the train to the country and visit the beautiful sights. We welcome suggestions and look forward to meeting everyone here on Pictures of England.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:30 on 6th March 2017

Hi Diane and welcome to PicturesOfEngland.com (POE).

This really is the best England website on the net bar none and so you will find all the information that you might want right here. Good luck and enjoy your vacation.

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 10:37 on 22nd June 2017

Hi Diane, welcome to the Pictures of England website.

Have you considered the city of Bath? It's a beautiful city, with lots of fantastic georgian architecture and is home to the amazing Roman Baths. There is also a stunning Abbey there and you could have a spot of lunch at the world famous Sally Lunns. About 1:30 hours from London by train I believe, and is not far from Bristol which is already on your itinerary. Here are a few links -

Pictures of Bath

Roman Baths

Bath Abbey

Sally Lunns

I'd also suggest heading one day off into the Cotswolds. It's beautiful region of England, famous for its golden stone and quaint little villages surrounded by wonderful countryside. Villages like Bourton on the Water, Lower Slaughter, and the town of Stow on the Wold are all well worth a look. 

Another recommendation would be Stratford upon Avon, birthplace of the great Bard himself - William Shakespeare. 

Also, Oxford and Blenheim Palace.

Have you been to England before?

Please login to post to this thread...