Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Ironbridge

Ironbridge

in the county of Shropshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Iris from Holbrook, Derbyshire now living in Oregon USA

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Iris Bland
Iris Bland
quotePosted at 19:15 on 1st April 2014

Hello everyone

I lived in England all my life (69 years) and in 2012 moved to Oregon USA. The reason was because my son married a girl from here in 2005 and wanted his Mum and Dad to come over.

I am now 71 years old and lived in Holbrook, Derbyshire for 29 years and then in Loughborough, Leicestershire for 49 years. I worked in accounts for 55 years (in a Primary school for 30 of those). 

I have loads of photographs of England which I took before leaving. It was very hard to leave but now we have a 3 month old Granddaughter 10 minutes away so it was all worth moving. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:25 on 1st April 2014
Hello and welcome Iris --we already have a member from Oregon who posts every day  Shirley her posts are well worth reading--enjoy the site.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 19:27 on 1st April 2014
Hello Iris and welcome to POE Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:40 on 1st April 2014

Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, Iris....you soon feel like you're at home again! lol

Join in here in the forum whenever you can, they are a great bunch of people.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:21 on 1st April 2014
Yes a very warm welcome Iris. You have found what is probably the best site bar none relating this wonderful Island. Join in the forums when you get chance. We are a jolly bunch always up for a bit of banter and we don't bite !!! Anything goes in the forums so get stuck in
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:14 on 1st April 2014
  Welcome Iris to POE and I reckon this will be your home from home where you will catch up on all the gossip. Do join in and enjoy the company.
Iris Bland
Iris Bland
quotePosted at 00:07 on 2nd April 2014
Thank you all for the welcome. I got quite homesick looking at the pictures so had to leave it for a while. I do miss England so much. Oregon is a beautiful place with mountains, lakes and wonderful scenery but not so green as England. Maybe I will get back home to visit sometime - I hope so. 
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 00:55 on 2nd April 2014

Welcome, Iris!

I was in Oregon last week. Hillsboro. I was able to go to Cannon Beach, my favourites beach in America.

I am also English. Have lived in Nevada for 23 years, and I still get very homesick.

I hope you enjoy all the wonderful pictures here on POE, and be sure to come visit here on the forum, and join in the fun.  

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 07:51 on 2nd April 2014
Welcome to POE from the south coast of Spain stay around, this site is magnetic.
 Please login to post to this thread...