Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

New to the Forum

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Judith HaysPremier Member - Click for more info
Judith Hays
quotePosted at 20:32 on 29th March 2014

Hi Everyone,

I am Judi - and although I have been posting photos on POE - this is my first time ever joining a forum. I am a children's librarian at Glenelg Country School in Ellicott City, MD.  Both my husband and I are major Anglophiles! We love the UK!  Since 2000, I have been to the UK six times - and my husband has joined my five of those six times.  Each time we go, we explore a different area of England.  We have been to the North Yorkshire Moors, the West Yorkshire Dales, the Cotswolds, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, the Lake District, the Peak District - and of course, London!  For us, the English countryside, moors, lakes, hills, and coastline are a bit of Heaven on Earth.

I have five children, 2 grandchildren, and 3 step-grandchildren.  Aside from my job, my family keeps me quite busy.  I am finding Pictures of England a great way to revisit this country I love so much.  My husband and I will be back this summer - Norfolk and Wales.

Thank you to everyone who has commented on my photos - I greatly appreciate all the comments.  I am humbled by the excellent photography I have seen posted on POE.  I am learning so much from viewing everyone's photos - and I am exploring parts of England I have not 'yet' visited.

Judi :-)

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 20:37 on 29th March 2014

Hi Judi, and welcome to the forums, it's always nice to see a new face here at POE. Please feel free to join in the fun and games on the other threads, you'll find most of them under the "Off Topic Chat" heading.

Glad you love the site and the UK as much as we do, hope you have a lovely time in Norfolk and Wales Smile 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:42 on 29th March 2014

Hi Judi and welcome to the forum from Anna and Ron.

Enjoy it and join in just as often as you can...

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:46 on 29th March 2014
Hi Judi-and a warm welcome to the forums dont be scared of posting we arent a bad lot -lots of topics to go at--enjoySmile
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 21:10 on 29th March 2014
Hi Judi please accept a welcome to POE from southern Spain as James says we arent a bad lot to get on with
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:26 on 29th March 2014

Hi Judi and a welcome to POE, do come and join in here in the forums as you can be back in England for a while ( even though some are hailing from overseas ). There are plenty of threads to follow, some seriuos and some less so, whatever just enjoy .

Oh like your avatar-good choice of background ,

Kernow Bys Vyken as they say in Cornwall 

Edited by: Vince Hawthorn at:29th March 2014 21:34
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:46 on 29th March 2014
Hi Judi and welcome to the forums. You'll find a good crowd here always up for a bit of general banter and some serious as well. Always good to get new input to the fun and games here
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 03:03 on 30th March 2014
Hi Judi, and welcome. I hope you enjoy reading the posts and we need more opinions from those who take the time and effort to upload images. It is a friendly and vibrant siite, seldom over serious and the forum is often thought provoking. Your input will be much appreciated. 

Edited by: Rod Burkey at:30th March 2014 03:09
 Please login to post to this thread...