I have just had a look at some comparative costing in the UK - sort of balancing value for money!
I was amazed to see that if I was in England and we went and bought 2 packets of fish & chips and 2 cups of tea we would have spent the same as a POE premier membership.
So for the cost of one lunch for 2 people quickly eaten and forgotten POE is offering:
1. 365 days of unforgettable caring and compassionate friends,
2. fun and discussions on the forums every hour of every day
3. access to some of the most beautiful pictures of England anywhere on the internet,
4. Information about any County/Town/Village and places of interest in England (& Scotland, Wales & Ireland & Channel Islands too)
5. Plan a visit to England & book accommodation at a lower cost directly on POE
6. Learn about the History of England, read articles of interest, learn about Events happening in and around England.
7. Upload my own pictures of England and benefit from the comments and assistance of other photographers.
8. Get amazing assistance on English (and ex-pat) family research and genealogy from knowledgeable members.
Do I need to go on?????
I can get the fish & chips next month - but this month I'd rather pay for a year of what POE offers me 24/7 & 365 days of the year - wouldn't you?