Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

International Air Monument

Plymouth

in the county of Devon

Portsmouth - Spinnaker Tower at Night

Portsmouth

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Contributions

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Paul V. A. JohnsonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul V. A. Johnson
quotePosted at 21:01 on 30th September 2018

I am relatively new to POE and have been looking through various sections. I came to the members directory and could not believe what I was seeing.

From the information there I have compiled the following statistics:

Total membership at 18 Setember 2018  = 15702

77 OF these members made a contribution = 0.51%

774 members posted more than 20 photographs 

41 of those made a contribution =  5.3%

34 contributed in excess of 1000 photographs

7 of these have made a contribution = 20%

These figures in my opinion are dreadful. I hope that someone will tell me that I have got it all wrong. However if I am right - shame on many of you. This is an excellent site in promoting England and does not run itself. Those running the site must spend quite a considerable amount of time keeping up with the influx of new submisions and improvements. They can't keep this up without funds. I know there is income from adverts etc. However I do think active members should show support.

I am aware that many are looking at the site purely for information and interest and my points are not necessarily aimed at them.

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME I HAVE GOT IT ALL WRONG. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 23:43 on 1st October 2018
The above analysis ignores the fact that the site owners make 50% commission on all sales. We could help PoE by upping our game and submitting more pictures of saleable quality. Furthermore, many members listed in the Directory have not been active on the site for many years, which makes analysis difficult.
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 19:11 on 13th October 2018
I can't upload any pictures from my tablet because a message keeps appearing about putting in the name of the town which I do but it does not work and I have no longer got a laptop or the original computer.  I can send pictures elsewhere with no problem.
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 10:37 on 15th October 2018
On 13th October 2018 19:11, Peggy Cannell wrote:
I can't upload any pictures from my tablet because a message keeps appearing about putting in the name of the town which I do but it does not work and I have no longer got a laptop or the original computer.  I can send pictures elsewhere with no problem.

Hi Peggy. We didn't realise there was a problem with the upload form, so many thanks for pointing that out.

We can't get it fixed just yet, so for now, as a workaround, please upload your pictures directly to the place they are of. E.g if you are uploading images of Thorpeness in Suffolk, go to the main Thorpeness page ( http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/Suffolk/Thorpeness ) then click the upload link. This way you won't have to fill in the town/attraction section, as the name will already be in the form.

You could just use the following upload link for Suffolk,

http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/Suffolk/pictures/add

or if the images are of a different county, just change the name in the URL, so for Norfolk it would be:

http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/Norfolk/pictures/add

As long as you put the name of the town/village in the image title or description on the upload form, we can put it in the correct place for you.

Please login to post to this thread...