Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Corn Square, Leominster, Herefordshire

Leominster

in the county of Herefordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Forum Rules update - Politics/Religion

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 11:33 on 11th November 2014

Hi Guys, we have updated the forum rules to include a ban on political/religious discussion in the poe forum, as these types of threads serve no purpose on PoE and there are more than enough sites out there dedicated to this type of discussion already.

• Please do not use this forum to promote your own political or religious views, as these types of topics almost always lead to discontent and can quickly get out of hand and cause offense. If you want to discuss politics or religion, PoE is not the place to do so and there are many sites out there dedicated to such purpose.

• We hope you understand our decision to do this and can adhere to this new rule.

Thanks for your support,

Chris & Sarah 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
    James Prescott
    James Prescott
    quotePosted at 12:00 on 11th November 2014
    A good idea Chris/SarahSmile
    Dave John
    Dave John
    quotePosted at 12:18 on 11th November 2014
    Got to say I couldn't agree more. They are far too personal and emotive subjects for site of this 'general' nature. Well done guys
    rustyruth
    rustyruth
    quotePosted at 13:27 on 11th November 2014
    Yes I agree, a good idea. Stops people joining the site just to start stirring up trouble which we can well do without.
    Dave John
    Dave John
    quotePosted at 14:00 on 11th November 2014
    I've always stayed clear because I don't know enough about poilitics and don't have a religious bone in my body
    Edward Lever
    Edward Lever
    quotePosted at 17:51 on 11th November 2014

Religion and politics are examples of discussion areas where everybody thinks they are the only ones with the correct views. Often those who shout the loudest are the ones most likely to cause or take offence.

Hopefully this new rule will reduce the potential for personal insults, which have no place on PoE forums. Generally, people are polite here, and this is how it should be. 

Ian Gedge
    Ian Gedge
    quotePosted at 19:28 on 11th November 2014

I'm very happy to hear this announcement too.

I have seen elsewhere online that religious and political views are the two things that can damage even the best of relationships like no other subject can.

As Edward says above, everybody believes that they are correct anyway, so that doesn't bode well for constructive discussions on these subjects.

Vince Hawthorn
    Vince Hawthorn
    quotePosted at 21:17 on 11th November 2014
     I have to say I am in full agreement with this new rule , I have not made many if any posts regarding these subjects. Both subjects often end up in heated discussion and usually no satisfactory outcome follows, so Chris and Sarah well done with your decision.
    Neil Rodgers
    Neil Rodgers
    quotePosted at 17:45 on 12th November 2014

Eh up no politics, no Religion reminds me of our Lodge meetings Brethren are soon told to cool it if either of these subjects are discussed at the Festive Board.

The rule works very well 

Please login to post to this thread...