Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Ipswich, Suffolk

Ipswich

in the county of Suffolk

A picture of Netley

Netley

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Sell Your Photos! On poe's new sister site!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next >

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
Posted at 14:33 on 7th February 2011

Dear Members,

Your valued support and feedback needed please!

We've set up a brand new site to act as a little sister site to POE where members can sell their images and earn commission.

We hope that this new site will generate enough revenue to not only support itself, but to hopefully support poe too, as this is the very reason why we set it up.

Your support in this new venture would be HUGELY appreciated as we'd like to get it off the ground and working as quickly and as smoothly as possible.

You can visit the new site straight away by clicking here: http://www.photostockbritain.com/ (opens in a new window) or read more about it further below.

Once there simply click on the 'Sell Your Photos' link on the left-hand side, fill in the quick registration form and you'll be approved instantly, after which you simply have to log-in and you can begin uploading your photos for sale.

The site tracks all sales and commissions which you can view at any time. It also allows you to batch upload images for quickness, edit your photos at any time and also lets you set your own price for each image that you sell. Please let us know how you get on as your feedback at this early stage is greatly appreciated and helps us a great deal.

Here are a few questions answered about the new venture -

1) Why did you start a separate site instead of integrating a photo-selling system into PoE?
Expense basically. It was far far cheaper to set up a new site than to have someone integrate a similiar system into poe's already existing and very large complex structure.

2) How do you know images will sell on the new site?
Because the new site has a secret weapon that most new start-ups don't - POE!
Over the years poe has never been short on enquiries from people wanting to buy images, but unfortunately we've never been able to do anything about it except ask them to contact the photographer or (as happens with a busy site like poe) we've responded too late for their publishing deadlines. Now we have somewhere where they can buy the images in just a few clicks, with no downtime due to emails being exchanged and waited for etc. We also think that a great number of people have almost certainly visited poe looking for images to buy, but have left without sending an enquiry due to no visible means of buying them or even stating that they could. This will now completely change with many different things put in place to grab their attention and let them know they can buy lots of images of all around Britain.

3) Why would I bother to upload to POE if the other site is where the money's at??
Because POE gets a LOT of visitors and that's how people will find your images. Once they have found them on poe and if you have them for sale on the other site, they'll see a link something like "To buy any of my images - please click here' taking them over to your pages on the new site where they can purchase them in just a few clicks. Think of poe as the all knowing all travelling salesman, constantly out there selling your beautiful product to the world. With some of your images on PoE, you'll have a much much greater chance of selling your images on the other site. This will work out well for both sites.

5) I'm interested! How can I help?
Anyone can help by generally checking out the new site, clicking around and making sure everything works. This is greatly appreciated, however, our main goal is to get as many photographers as we can signed-up and selling their images from it, as we want the site to have an impressive collection of images for when the first buyers go through its doors.

We still have some work to do on it and a bit more content to add before we invite ALL poe members and start posting links to it all around the POE site, but we thought we'd show it to our forum members first and get their much valued feedback.
The system is up and running and fully tested as far as adding images goes, and the sales processing and tracking commission is fully operational and fully tested too.

Please let us know your thoughts and impressions, and if you have any questions please do post them here or drop us an email.

Thank you again for your much valued support.

Chris & Sarah

Many thanks to Ron Brind, Paul Hilton, Roy Jackson, Andrew Sharpe, John Godley, Mike Franklin, Paul Lakin, Shaun Wilson, and Graham Rains for their contributions already on the new site and for their much valued feedback so far.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
Posted at 14:51 on 7th February 2011

Another thing worth mentioning, please be aware that you are not selling the copyright when you sell an image on the new site. You are simply selling a license for the buyer to use the image. The copyright is not transferred to them.

Edited by: poe at:7th February 2011 14:54
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
Posted at 14:56 on 7th February 2011

Wow! What a great idea, Chris and Sarah!

I just know that it will be a great boon to both POE and the individual photographers.

I am not a photographer and have no contributions to make, however, as a potential purchaser, I thought the site was well designed and user friendly.

I especially enjoyed the "Featured Artists" section. A very nice touch indeed!

I wish you much success with the new site, Chris and Sarah!

Edited by: Diana Sinclair at:7th February 2011 15:03
TedPremier Member - Click for more info
Ted
Posted at 15:15 on 7th February 2011
Dear Chris and Sarah, it's a great idea. All that’s benefits POE and keep this great site running can count on my full support. Can you tell how to establish the value of a picture?

Edited by: Ted at:7th February 2011 15:16
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 16:15 on 7th February 2011

Thanks Diana.

Ted for what it's worth I looked around at other sites to see what was being charged, and to be honest I didn't reach any sort of conclusion.

Chris and/or Sarah will no doubt answer your question shortly but at the end of the day, and provided it fits within the new website parameters, the decision surely has to be yours alone.

Why not visit http://www.photostockbritain.com/ and see what other POE photographers are charging as a guide?

Either way, what a fabulous opportunity to make money and support POE at the same time!

Remember that POE gets tens of millions of page views, so if your pictures are posted on POE first, the new sister site will soon become one of the biggest photo stock websites on the net!

Thats the power of POE! 

cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 18:15 on 7th February 2011

I had a look at the site and think it is a great concept!  And some of the favourite photographers from POE too.  However, I clicked on a couple of the photographers to view their pics - but it didn't download any for those couple of photographers.

Now for a really dumb question - once paid for is the pic downloaded to my computer for printing?  And if this is so, the measurements don't fit normal A4/letter paper, they are all too big!  Does the price given refer to all sizes listed?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 18:38 on 7th February 2011

If you clicked on a photographers name and it didn't show any pictures it's because that photographer hasn't yet submitted any. He/she is probably having a look around the site, or hasn't had time to submit yet.

Take a look at one of my pictures on the following link CathyML. Scroll down and you will see various sizes and the cost for each.

http://www.photostockbritain.com/england_g52-an_english_rose_p422.html

And once paid for you will be able to download immediately.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:7th February 2011 18:43
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:01 on 7th February 2011
Some photographers have chosen to submit the largest size of their image so that it can be downsized as appropriate
Shaun Wilson
Shaun Wilson
Posted at 21:05 on 7th February 2011

It’s a great idea for the folks here to make a bit of money with the times we live in and also helping the site as well I say WHY NOT GIVE IT A GO what have we got to lose Laughing

Shaun Wilson
Shaun Wilson
Posted at 21:27 on 7th February 2011
Mr Ron i will give it a go so i try it and put some on BUT i dont know how much i should price them ? any help please ??Undecided
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next >