Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Hartland Bay

Hartland

in the county of Devon

Maltby, South Yorkshire

Maltby

in the county of South Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Master of Photography.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 23:36 on 26th August 2016
Anyone watching Master of Photogrsphy on Sky Arts? I'm hooked on it. Well worth going into catch up to see it all from the start. 

Edited by: Rod Burkey at:28th August 2016 23:05
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:56 on 29th August 2016

When is it shown Rod?

I don't watch much television anyway, but for those that do and especially if interested in photography a time and place would be helpful, or am I so out of touch that the information is easy to obtain. Maybe the Catch up is the clue?

Thanks for starting this new thread Rod...already some 23 people have looked at it and without comment, which kind of baffles me.

Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 13:42 on 29th August 2016

Master of Photography is on the channel Sky Arts, and goes out every Thursday at 8pm. It has photographers being set a subject in a different location each week. The pictures are then judged and one photographer is elemiated from the contest. The photography is of a very high level, and so far the subjects gave included Rome, Berlin at night, Landscapes, and the human body. I find it engrossing. Sadly Ron, the numbers reading the posts are depressingly low especially for me anyway, the ones related to pictures. I hope some of the ones who read the post have treated themselves to a view of this most enjoyable series. 

Sky Arts offers quite a lot on photography. Well worth looking up. Catch up really is a boon.  

Edited by: Rod Burkey at:29th August 2016 13:45
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:15 on 29th August 2016
Thanks for the additional information Rod.
Mark Stace
Mark Stace
quotePosted at 20:04 on 30th August 2016

I have been watching this series as well, really enjoying it so far. For me Rupert is a firm favourite, I also like the German girls work at times. I just think she should spend less time trying to get herself in shot, and more time thinking. Anyway who am I to judge they all far better than me! I also liked the Italian landscape photographers work, plain and in some ways simplistic but the colours and composition made them look almost painting like.

Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 17:31 on 31st August 2016
Yes, it's all taking shape. Rupert is standing out. The judges are really strict, and I'm finding it very compelling as indeed is my wife. As in all knock out completions, one might be left wondering how some if those now out of the chase might have performed, had they all stayed in longer. The standard of work is really good I think, and I'd like to see how the judges might have performed given the same conditions. 
Mark Stace
Mark Stace
quotePosted at 19:51 on 31st August 2016

Oliviero Toscani is the judge I like least, I find his attitude is often quiet rude and although his work is great it is hardly thinking out of the box as he expects the contestants to do. I would like to see him in a situation like the small theatre in London where the Spanish girl struggled.

Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 13:48 on 5th September 2016
Yes, the judges are good at chucking out the insults, but that's all part of the appeal. Like you Mark, I'd love to see how they might have done week by week, given the same tasks under identical conditions. Berlin after dark on a cold night, and as you say the London Theatre task where especially hard. The going home topic was fascinating and the Spanish girl really came into her own, well I thought so. It's all subjective, but this has been great to watch. Last week I thought Rupert was the weakest, after some superb work in the previous rounds. Here, I thought the German was unlucky. I hope the final on Thursday may just generate another series. I want more! 

Edited by: Rod Burkey at:5th September 2016 13:50
Mark Stace
Mark Stace
quotePosted at 22:31 on 8th September 2016
Well I have to say I thought Marta or Rupert were going to clinch the prize, great that they will be doing another one of these competitions. Some strange views from one of the judges and clearly not reflected by the british judge, I hope Toscani is dropped for the next series, talk about over egging the pudding!
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 17:47 on 9th September 2016
Toscani certainly could join the cast of "Mr Men The Movie" as Mr. Grumpy.  Regardless though I am looking forward to the second series. Some great work done.