Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Favourite Photo Accessory

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 17:13 on 8th March 2015

What is your favourite, or most used, photo accessory

I have battery packs for both my camera bodies which allow the use of 2 batteries therefore giving approximately double the amount of photos which can be taken before recharging is required. Not the cheapest items and I also think they give a more balanced feel to the camera.

Years ago it would have been my Weston Euromaster exposure meter. Bought it within months of being released and it was serviced every 5 years or so. Never went anywhere without it ... no good for studio use though unless using photoflood tungsten lights

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 17:20 on 8th March 2015
I've got a small squishy green and black FujiFilm bean bag that I use all the time when I'm propping the camera on a wall, fence etc so I don't scratch the base. I suppose it a sort of tripod, very handy and easy to carry about.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 17:22 on 8th March 2015
Yes, a very useful item. I still have one my mum made for me too many years ago to count ! ! !
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:13 on 8th March 2015
Again, another thread of interest to all POE members that use a camera, well done!
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 19:16 on 8th March 2015

I rarely take any photo accessories out with me, preferring just the camera body and the chosen 'lens of the day'. Occasionally I might take a flash gun with me when I think I might need extra light for a gloomy interior.

Perhaps the most useful accessories are a good pair of legs and an imagination ! 

Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 23:14 on 8th March 2015
A polarising filter. It can bring out the sky detail, reduce reflections, and help reduce depth of field. Takes up no room, and can fit  easily in my pocket. 
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 14:05 on 9th March 2015
On 8th March 2015 22:44, John Lawrence wrote:
Something to keep the lens clean!

Good idea John, I once had a whole batch of photos ruined because of a small smudge of sunscreen on the lens.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:28 on 12th March 2015
 I still reckon one of the most important photo accessories is quite simply - LUCK. Being there at the right place and right time plays a huge part in photography ( woodpeckers and weasels ) -having said that the guy who got that shot was nursing some pretty serious bit of kit.
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 17:47 on 14th March 2015
Right now, my favourite bit of kit is my Nikon Coolscan, as I'm helping compile an archive for someone collecting old images from the 1970s and 80s. I took a lot of pictures required and without the scanner I would be hard pressed to help. 
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 18:56 on 14th March 2015
On 14th March 2015 17:47, Rod Burkey wrote:
Right now, my favourite bit of kit is my Nikon Coolscan, as I'm helping compile an archive for someone collecting old images from the 1970s and 80s. I took a lot of pictures required and without the scanner I would be hard pressed to help. 

I admire your dedication, Rod, but my own limited experience of film scanning says you will have your work cut out.

It was only when I tried scanning some of my old negatives that I realised how time-consuming it can be to remove the blemishes and dust spots. Maybe your originals are cleaner, in which case it should be plain sailing.