Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

West Ealing

Ealing

in the county of Greater London

Muncaster Castle, Cumbria

Ravenglass

a Seaside Town in the county of Cumbria

A cottage in Breamore. Hampshire  - (Photo taken in June 2005)

Breamore

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Cap on submissions

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 15:12 on 1st March 2014
John, just click on "Submit Pictures" and see what it says there now Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 16:15 on 1st March 2014
Well, they it was coming!! Very sad but lets hope it kicks some consciences. John is also right in that the forums is not best place to reach the vast majority of members. I reckon the 'all members' is the way to go for mass contact. But out of the thousands of members I wonder how many of them were just '1 day' members, quite a large percentage I reckon!!!
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 17:09 on 1st March 2014

I looked yesterday Dave, 265 pages of members, just less than 4 pages of premier members.

Some people haven't submitted any pictures, which I suppose is to be expected if they are outside the UK. But others who sumit regularly, well enough said. 

Edited by: rustyruth at:1st March 2014 17:10
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:37 on 1st March 2014
There have been quite a few new members putting up some esxcellent stuff lately, to most of whom we have all passed generous comments so lets hope that when they come to upload a few more images they think hard and consider making a small donation to POE..
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:37 on 1st March 2014
In all honesty John, I don't think all our efforts in the forums will have much effect at all, but we have to keep on with it for our own peace of mind.  Unfortunately I feel the situation Chris and Sarah are in now requires a fairly blunt and to the point 'all members' e-mail which i expect is already in draught form anyway.  I know it will be a very difficult decision for them to make but it might kick a few consciences. The money is out there John, just look at the equipment some are using ... £1000-2000+ cameras not to mention lenses. Just think £20 buys a couple of reasonable quality SD cards or one CF card, of which most photographers have several. All we can do is keep plugging away and hope that these folk feel they can part with a bit of cash to keep this great site in existence
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 23:00 on 1st March 2014
Thanks John much appreciated, I do try to think as I type. Just hope some folk read it .....and the take the necessary action
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 12:20 on 2nd March 2014
That's a point that struck me too Dave, people spend up to £2000 plus on a camera, but can't find £20. Sad situation Frown
Patrick Hogan
Patrick Hogan
quotePosted at 08:05 on 5th March 2014

Is the current cash flow problem the result of the extra file size that is now given for picture sales ?

A huge amount of storage could be found if all images without a comment were deleted. This could easily be accomplished by software rather than phyisicaly deleting each one. The deletions could take place after an image has been live for a month.

Those visiting the site usually see the commented images first and probably never get to the non commented, so loosing those without comments would not be a problem ?

Regards,

Patrick.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:12 on 5th March 2014

Hi Patrick.

Thanks for your thoughts, but PLEASE DO NOT DELETE any pictures as it will have a detrimental effect on POE. Each picture represents a page on POE with all sorts of information and to delete anything would leave a gap.

There is still work to be done to make specific pictures easier to find by the user, but they have to get over this immediate problem before they can consider it furtther.

Thanks again for your consideration and support.

Patrick Hogan
Patrick Hogan
quotePosted at 08:48 on 5th March 2014

Hi,

No I won't delate any .............

Regards,

Patrick.

Edited by: Patrick Hogan at:5th March 2014 08:50