Matlock Bath

in the county of Derbyshire

Edinburgh Castle

Edinburgh

in the county of Midlothian

Instow Parish Church

Instow

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Cap on submissions

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:43 on 11th March 2014
On 11th March 2014 19:51, Martin Humphreys wrote:

But it can also be a double edgeded sword too Ruth. If you upload an image that say isn't over exciting in itself ... but has a very interesting story to it, a lot of people probably wont bother to even look at the image & will miss the narrative. In my oppinion the image must come first .. but any info is a bonus of course. 

Spot on Martin. An eyecatching image is crucial to entice the viewer to open the thumbnail and any narrative is a bonus.  A bland image, of there are plenty will be overlooked irrespective of narrative or not. So once again we are back to the subject of self criticism regarding quality of uploads.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 23:16 on 11th March 2014
Thanks John, I do try and looking back over my 3 years with POE I can see improvements in both images and narrative. I attempt to give interesting and amusing narrative where possible and hopefully informative in relation to hills, fells, lakes, buildings etc
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 23:29 on 11th March 2014

Totally agree gentlemen, I do remember this conversation took place a while ago in Cathyml's days and from that time I have always tried to put some sort of info up even though sometimes it does get to ramble on a bit.

I feel this time with POE reassessing itself and us with it is another move in the evolution of our becoming much more aware of our work in both standard and information and we have benefitted both in ourselves and as the family POE. It would be nice if more folk joined in here in the forums and with subjects like this as it would be a benfit for themselves. 

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 23:35 on 11th March 2014
Gotta agree there Vince. This 'crisis' has brought out some very good discussions and suggestions. And it would be great to see more folk getting involved in the forums introducing new thoughts and topics for discussion. But first lets make sure that we put the results of our own discussions in place in order to encourage the success of POE
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 15:06 on 7th April 2014
I noticed that too this morning John, I didn't count how many because I was just on my way out of the door, but I did notice a couple of pages or so.
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 17:57 on 7th April 2014

I might start again. 

No, I'll open a bottle of wine with dinner. Need to consume more fruit.  

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:38 on 7th April 2014
Now that is really taking things a bit far.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:01 on 7th April 2014
Some reasonable images but definitely taking the mickey a bit.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 22:04 on 7th April 2014
I know I keep going on about this, but an average image with a narrative can often be a lot more interesting than 10 technically good images with no narrative. People coming here researching places to visit surely would appreciate some information. If I take a picture and I know nothing about the subject matter I research it, not only for my own benefit but for the benefit of others. 
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:09 on 7th April 2014
Dead right Ruth which is why I have suggested previously that the narrative box should be compulsory, even more so then the ratings box