Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The beach, Paignton, Devon.

Paignton

a Seaside Town in the county of Devon

The High Altar of Holy Trinity Church

Coventry

in the county of West Midlands

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Google Earth

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Doug Bainbridge
Doug Bainbridge
quotePosted at 16:08 on 19th August 2013
Is there anyone like myself that looks places up on Google Earth from photographs displayed on here.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 17:00 on 19th August 2013

Yes Doug, I do. I also have around 2500 of my pictures from all over the world on a site called Panoramio who upload to Google Earth.

If I'm travelling in the UK I often research places on GE after looking at photos on POE, I've booked accomdation through here too.

Doug Bainbridge
Doug Bainbridge
quotePosted at 18:36 on 19th August 2013

Hi Ruth, I also look at Google Earth before booking accommodation to check out the area.

I also have a few photos on Panoramio, but I made up a freebie web site to display some of my photos, though I have not updated it recently.

http://takenimages.weebly.com/index.

MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 19:48 on 19th August 2013
Hi Doug, I've just had a quick look at your photo site, the few that I looked at are brilliant, I particularly like the Canada ones, beautiful views, I'll browse the rest of them when I have time, nice work mate
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 20:06 on 19th August 2013

I too have a number of photos on Panoramio/Google Earth which jave had a modest 32,000+ views in the past couple of years.

I agree Doug's photos on the site he shows is certainly worth a look. The Canadian ones seem to be from British Columbia; also perhaps from an island off there noted for its bald eagles. Then in the US collection, going south of the border into Washington State and the coastal towns around there. But the Canadian Rockies are the best ones I enjoyed.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 20:09 on 19th August 2013

You have some stunning photo's on your site Doug. I especially like the Canadian ones. I enjoyed looking through the cars as well Smile

As Mike said, nice work. 

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 20:34 on 24th August 2013
On 19th August 2013 16:08, Doug Bainbridge wrote:
Is there anyone like myself that looks places up on Google Earth from photographs displayed on here.

Sometimes I do the reverse of this. I look up a place on Google Earth first (using Street View), then decide whether it looks interesting enough to take some pictures.
 Please login to post to this thread...