Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Bristol Bridge. Bristol, Somerset

Bristol

a Historic City in the county of Somerset

Ingress Abbey

Greenhithe

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Pictures by numbers

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 22:52 on 4th June 2013

I don't think it matters what the photo subject is, lamp posts, road signs, aerials, cars etc, people have a right to upload them, if you don't like them don't comment. It's all about the amount of uploads at one time, well that's my moan anyway, we are getting too bogged down about quality again, this is not a professional photography site.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 06:52 on 5th June 2013
Must agree with you there MikeSmile
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 07:15 on 5th June 2013

Gotta agree with you too Mike. And Ron has indicated somewhere previously, every photo submitted means something to the person who took it irrespective of content or quality and has a right to be on the site. I can see Stephens point from a purely photographic point of view.....as we were all told when learning the game.......keep your images tidy. This site is for images of ENGLAND - including Scotland, Wales, IOM, and the offshore islands, and as such anything is admissible. Yes, the country is full of potential for beautiful pictures but the said lampposts, cars etc are all part of everyones daily life. So are industrial sites and landfill sites, which have also been discussed in the not toodistant past.

As you say Mike....if you don't like a picture, pass it by. the thumbnails here are more than adequate to make an initial judgement. It is nice to recieve comments but also it is not obligatory to make them

Stephen
Stephen
quotePosted at 07:16 on 5th June 2013
Yes you're right Mike, but on that day the person must have uploaded over 30 photos on a similar line and I guess I got rather fed up with them. I gave him 3 stars, but was very tempted to give 1. 
MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 13:50 on 21st June 2013
I don't like to keep harping on, but certain members, premier members included, are still uploading too many pictures in a day, when are restrictions going to be put in place? I'm sure they don't need to upload the amounts that they do
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 11:19 on 22nd June 2013
Maybe just maybe every time a picture is upoaded it is more beneficial  for poe in terms of cash. I remember being told many years ago that every click means money but actually I have no idea how web sites work but if this is correct Chris ad Sarah would find it very difficult to sort out, a lot of for and against.  
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 18:07 on 23rd June 2013
I don't know the answer to that Peggy, but 47 uploads by a non-premier member in the previous 2 days is pushing things a bit. I was looking for the photo's posted yesterday of Ambleside and I had to go back 8 pages through mainly this one persons uploads before I found them.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:36 on 23rd June 2013
Quite a few more posted to-day.Frown
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 18:58 on 23rd June 2013
Getting silly again isn't it......
James Prescott