Kew

in the county of Greater London

Halter Devil Chapel, Mugginton, Derbyshire

Mugginton

in the county of Derbyshire

Farnborough Hall 15 June 2011

Farnborough

in the county of Warwickshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Pictures by numbers

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:09 on 2nd June 2013
Hopefully it will not....but could have an effect on others uploading simply because they do not want to lose a few images amongst a mass submission.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 20:51 on 2nd June 2013
Lots of sensible comments. I will not start giving low marks to pictures,   would just be insulting in a way to those with no stars.  Frustration can bring the worst out of a chap don't you know.......
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:15 on 2nd June 2013
We all have our own views Rod, and they have been taken by chris and sarah an hopefully some good will come of it. They got a lot to consider but as Ron has indicated previously change is on the way... So any more ideas you have keep 'em coming....
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:22 on 2nd June 2013
  We all await the changes and look forward to seeing if a level playing field can be achieved, me- I am off to load my three for today.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:46 on 2nd June 2013

Two out of the three approved Vince.

Nice shots, but the third one was too similar to the two approved. A good example of what I have to decide on a daily basis and in this case nothing to do with quality.

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:56 on 2nd June 2013
  Fair dos Ron , all I was doing was telling a story but the main two tell it all. Sunday night must be a nightmare Ron as we all come back from doing from our weekends out with the cameras- point taken.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:34 on 3rd June 2013

LOL@Vince!

You hit the nail on the head there mate, but as was the case with your addtional picture it wasn't necessary to approve it when the other two showed exactly what you had captured. Great shots they are too!

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 20:54 on 3rd June 2013
  Thanks Ron, seems the good folk of POE have taken a like to them as there have been quite a few comments - Thank you ladies and gentlemen. This discussion has made me think of something re another thread so I am off to scribble on that thread.
Stephen
Stephen
quotePosted at 22:06 on 4th June 2013

I have been quiet for some time but   last week we went on a three day tour of the South West and I had some new stuff to send. I sent about 27 photos  over four days and  was amazed to receive over 50 comments, and counting. Some  of my shots I considered to be quite ordinary but people liked them. 

I will say that a lot of shots sent to POE  are to put it bluntly a waste of space. People snap away with no thought and send them off. I remember I made this comment on a photo uploaded by a certain member.   I was rather sarcastic.

"Telegraph poles,wires,aerials,lamp posts,road signs and cars appear to be your speciality"  (name removed) 

He has sent  over four times the  number of photos that I have sent. I have just noticed the photo I made my comment on has some scaffolding in it as well !

Edited by: Stephen . at:4th June 2013 22:32
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:38 on 4th June 2013
I think most of us are of the same opinion Stephen.I never have any illusions of grandeur about my uploads, just pleased that other folk like them enough to pass comments.