Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Lancing College Chapel

Lancing

in the county of West Sussex

Lancaster Market Street and Museum

Lancaster

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Pictures by numbers

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:38 on 28th May 2013

Totally agree with all that is being said and as Dave says " Less is More ". My personal upload rate has not changed that much even though like Dave I have a great backlog from a trip away. What has definately changed is a much greater effort to put much more into the narrative, this adds to the pic and is of more benefit for the viewer.

AND !!! let us not forget that someone who dreads bankholidays and sunny weekends- this is a time of great influx just after such a time, and we must think of our Ron swamped by everyone posting away eager to show off there favourite shots. An interesting point just what percentage actually get approved and how many ditched but all haved to be viewed by the approver. We must continue to show our appreciation for Ron and all his work and C & S beavering away in the background and having to make decisions on how to keep the site running in the best way possible. Even though this thread is contributed to by the already converted we still say thank you.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:46 on 28th May 2013

Yep, well said mate. And I know from contact with Ron recently that he is not only swamped here on POE but his own Pest Control site is taking off big style so he has that to contend with also.

But as you say Vince credit where it is due. To Chris and Sarah for struggling to keep this fantastic site going, and to Ron for his unstinting efforts behind the scenes which I fear only a small minority appreciate......namely the contributors to the forums !!!!!

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:59 on 28th May 2013
  Don't know how Ron keeps it up, don't forget he has to cope with a lot in the pain department and other family issues.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 13:38 on 29th May 2013

I must admit if I find that I have to wade through pages and pages of pictures by the same person I get so that I just can't be bothered to leave any comments and go on to find pictures that are worth looking at. Took me ages yesterday to find the pictures I was looking for to leave my comments on. May be petty, but I get fed up so that's just the way it is.

As Dave says, Chris, Sarah and Ron are doing a fantastic job, but sadly I think they are only appreciated by a minority. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 13:55 on 29th May 2013
I see what you mean now--Frowni think there should be a limit per day.

Edited by: james prescott at:29th May 2013 14:16
Martin Humphreys
Martin Humphreys
quotePosted at 16:33 on 29th May 2013

I must say I agree with all the comments & what Ruth has said as I

felt the same about getting bored with reams & reams of one or

two peoples many (mediocre) uploads of so many different locations

which is becoming a bit of a joke at times & detremental to the site

I fear ? A few are singing off the same sheet here with regard to how

to put things right to try & curb this excessive uploading ... hope 

it does get sorted as I fear a few might start to think twice about

bothering to upload in the first place if a few of their images are

likely to get "lost" in amongst an avalanche  of others ?

Edited by: Martin Humphreys at:29th May 2013 16:36
David SwannPremier Member - Click for more info
David Swann
quotePosted at 18:00 on 29th May 2013
I have only been contributing to this site for a couple of months so perhaps it's not quite my place to make judgements. I try to look at the latest pictures each day and make comments where I can, but I too have found it a bit much wading through all the recent submissions. The result of this is that each thumbnail might not get the attention it deserves. I think Ron must have the patience of a saint. I would say an upload limit of something like 5 images each day would not be unreasonable.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 18:36 on 29th May 2013
David, you are a member, and a member that has donated to help keep the site going, so please free to contribute......it is your site as well as theirs !!!!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:41 on 29th May 2013

You are so right, every single one of you who has commented here.

You really have said it all, but know that change is coming. It's not my place to explain anymore than that, but Chris and Sarah are working on it hence you don't see much of them in the forum, but I can assure you they are aware of your comments and suggestions.

More importantly, they really do appreciate you all for speaking your mind and making some really sensible suggestions, with comments as to how things might be better for all members of the family.

My thanks to you all dear friends.

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 09:42 on 30th May 2013
I have always appreciated what Chriss, Sarah and Ron are doing but I think after all these years they know that, I am more selective in what I upload these days more than in the early days because I know as has previously been said they must be swamped and yes I try to look at the latest pics and comment but if too many are from one person I do tend to skip them,  I have often explained to other local people this site is not like some others where anything and everything goes.