Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Royal Mile, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.

Edinburgh

in the county of Midlothian

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Pictures by numbers

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 22:48 on 17th May 2013
Rod I think this discussion might have had a good effect!  I have noticed that most people are loading between 5 & 6 photos and the quality of the shots is generally really good!  So thank you for bringing this up and for everyone who is doing their bit to improve the quality and number of good photos on POE and to Ron who is even now beavering away uploading them tonight!! Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 19:46 on 18th May 2013
And we have another gold star member Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:57 on 19th May 2013
On 17th May 2013 22:48, cathyml wrote:
Rod I think this discussion might have had a good effect!  I have noticed that most people are loading between 5 & 6 photos and the quality of the shots is generally really good!  So thank you for bringing this up and for everyone who is doing their bit to improve the quality and number of good photos on POE and to Ron who is even now beavering away uploading them tonight!! Smile

Not quite what it looks CathyML I am having to do even more editing trying to put descriptions in and deleting even more.

I am writing to more members, more often, asking them to add descriptions or I will have no choice but to delete them. Hopefully they will start to get the message when their pictures get refused for that reason alone, good or bad.

Thanks to you all for your help and understanding here, it's difficult sometimes.

Emanuele Ghisi
Emanuele Ghisi
quotePosted at 11:08 on 19th May 2013
I agree me too with the limit of daily uploads (even if I apologize for my last upload of many photos at once about Oxford.. and without a brief description... sorry!).
And Ron, thank you for your daily work on our photos! 
MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 11:42 on 19th May 2013
It should also be noted that, although P.O.E does need a lot more Premier members to keep this brilliant site going, the limit on uploads should apply to "ALL" who use it.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 12:12 on 19th May 2013
I think there will be quite a few people who agree with you on that Mike, I certainly do. 
MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 20:33 on 28th May 2013
I don't think this thread as made any difference whatsoever, because the amount of uploads in a day, by certain people is getting stupid, it needs a control putting on it by admin
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 20:48 on 28th May 2013
If we are referring to the same person Mike I dared to put a request on one of the photos asking for a limit as it is getting difficult to find the time to look at them all and comment on them.  With any luck it will make a difference.  At least I have my fingers crossed that it will!!
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 21:08 on 28th May 2013

Let's hope it works Cathy, I think we are all thinking of the same person.

It's so frustrating, over the weekend I found some photos I wanted to leave comments on, I should have done it at the time but I didn't, when I went back later I had to wade through 6 pages of pictures by one non-premier member before I could find them. Same happened today but with another member, I eventually found what I was looking for about 7 pages down the line.

Fingers crossed then !! 

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:37 on 28th May 2013

The thread has made a difference Mike.......but only to those who have read it ! ! ! ! and abiding by the 'gentlemans agreement' to limit postings.

Looking at it from a purely selfish point ofview as a photographer. I like to see my work on display and get a real buzz out of reading the comments and getting rated, although I have to say I think we all, and I include myself, get carried away and give out constant 5's irrespective....but that is another story.

I find the less pics I put up at a time the greater percentage of hits and votes I receive. I'd much rather get 4 or 5 photos out of 8 commented and rated than 4 or 5 out of 20 or 30. I certainly find that when these heavy uploaders hit the site I do not have the time, nor inclination, to wade through 4 or 5 pages of what are sometimes quite mediocre images.

But I certainly do think this excessive uploading should be the stimulus needed to ste limits. And I for one would be quite happy to see that set to 8 or 10. Whether this be across the board for all members or a lesser number for 'non premier' members is something for Chris and Sarah to decide.