Nayland

in the county of Suffolk

Baslow, Derbyshire

Baslow

in the county of Derbyshire

Castle Crag slate.

Borrowdale

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Photo Opportunities

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 22:08 on 10th June 2012

I was thinking about the fact that most of us can only take loadable interesting shots when we are on holiday or a long weekend and wondered about all the small details of England that would wouldn't necessarily consider taking photos of, which would still be of interest to photographers and viewers alike.

I would like this to include everyone on POE that lives in England (Britain) so it keeps interest and enthusiasm going!

Would any of our members be interested in a Weekly Themed Photo Opportunity?  Everyone submits one photo for the theme and adds it to a particular thread - For example - The Theme could be "An Historic Building" - that could be anything from a stone wall to the Tower of London or Local Church!! So never mind where you are or where you live you could find something to shoot and participate!  You would then upload the shot and add it to a special "Historic Building Thread" during that week.

To make it more interesting perhaps - at the end of the week members could choose their favourite for the week and the photographer of the most favoured shot could choose the next weeks theme and set up a new theme thread?

Just thought I would throw the suggestion out there and see if there is any response.  I feel it would keep everyone involved and actively participating in POE! Smile 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:20 on 10th June 2012
 Sounds an interesting prospect, one question, does the submitted photo have to be taken once the subject has been chosen or would a shot from ones collection be OK? Go for it I say !
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 22:27 on 10th June 2012

I would really like that it got people taking shots at least once a week fresh - especially for the theme so that angles, best point of view, most interesting composition, etc. are considered!

But hey! It would be up to the members to decide if it should be a fresh shot or archived shot (maybe one not previously uploaded to POE?) 

Please login to post to this thread...