Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Ingress Park

Greenhithe

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Who Enjoys A Challenge?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 07:14 on 1st June 2011
Wow! Serendipity Mick!  Well now that it's not green where was the photo of?  And yes of course - it's meant to be all good fun!  So enjoy and have a great photographic day whenever/wherever you go!Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions

quote | editPosted at 08:15 on 1st June 2011
Cathy, its a photo of Creaton Northamptonshire, its just been approved.  Not sure yet about today, going to a shop first.  Have a good day.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 08:18 on 1st June 2011

Today's pictures from our lovely POE photographers seems to show that at least 3 places which were "Awaiting Pictures" have now got one (or two).

Our lovely Pat Trout has added 2 pics of Hele in Devon and Mick has added a pic of Creaton, Northants and Lubenham, Leicestershire (2 Mick not 1!). Great stuff!

We are on the way to having pics of everywhere and every attraction in England.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 09:06 on 1st June 2011

I decided (obviously I have nothing better to do today (at least nothing I really want to do!)) to go back and have a look at the pics added since I started this thread. 

Wow! would you believe that 7 other places have now got pics where there were none before?

Amanda Jaynes added 3 pictures of Gilmorton in Leicestershire and 10 pictures of Bitteswell also in Leicestershire.

Vince added 4 pictures of St Clement, Cornwall, 1 of Devoran and 4 of Carnkie also in Cornwall.

Stacey Olymbios added 10 pics of the Cars at Detling Kent (Stacey any chance of photos of Detling itself?)

And Ray Howlett added a lovely pic of Stratford St Mary, Suffolk.

Mick you added a pic of the osteospermum flower at Ullesthorpe, as it is the only pic for Ullesthorpe is there any chance of any pics of the place?

What a brilliant set of folks belong to POE!Smile

quote | editPosted at 19:03 on 1st June 2011
Good point Cathy, may be back there soon so I will take something.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 16:53 on 3rd June 2011

I think 2 more "Awaiting Pictures" disappeared today, lol

Patrick Hogan added a pic of Hall Green, Cheshire

and PJR added one of Harlington, Bedfordshire

Well done guys!  The Green Boxes are on their way out, lol

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 09:09 on 4th June 2011
Our clever Mick Smith has done away with another 2 "Awaiting Picture boxes" today with a photo of Sibbertoft in Northamptonshire and 2 of Clipston also in Northamptonshire.  Well done Mick!
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 23:24 on 4th June 2011

Another green square down ( once it gets approved) but it was an invisible green square. What I mean is it was not on the main index list but when Dozmary Pool was put into the search it was one of them green ones.

Just how many towns /villages and attractions did Chris and Sarah put onto POE when it was first set up? The mind boggles as to the work that obviously went into setting POE up in the first place, as the other threads are saying we can't let it go!

Patrick Hogan
Patrick Hogan
quotePosted at 11:29 on 5th June 2011

Hi,

I am finding some nice out of the way spots while I am slowly travelling North on the Macclesfield canal.  I have to say this is one of the most beautiful canals in England. 

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 14:28 on 5th June 2011

Those green boxes are being bowled over like skittles!  Patrick got a shot in Oakgrove Cheshire (did you get one of the Fool's Nook Public House Patrick, I really like the name, lol)

And Mick has done it yet again with 2 pictures of Upper Stowe in Northamptonshire.