Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The old Co-operative Society buildings at Ripley, Derbyshire.

Ripley

in the county of Derbyshire

Wakefield High Street, West Yorkshire

Wakefield

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Please help identify property in Photo

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Joanna Weaver
Joanna Weaver
quotePosted at 06:55 on 20th February 2011

Morning Cahtyml gt grandmother Emily Florence Weaver (nee Fowke) and her daughter’s name was Emma Weaver (not Elinor Frances) may be the census got it wrong with hand writing!  Emily Florence Weaver grandfather was William Hanbury Sparrow (manufacturing Iron) the Railways in Wolverhamton he invented the Pump for the Steam Train to pump water out of the Mines he built The London North West Railway London to the North West he got the permission from Parliament to do this. He was huge throughout the Kingdom. Erecting New Mills and Forges in every direction he and all the old concerns were dated from this time, so he was a big part in the Industrial revolution. He and the family lived at  lived at Albrighton Hall Staffordshire for eight generations at least and Pen Court Staffordshire.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 07:41 on 20th February 2011

Hi Joanna, I have to dispute that Emily Florence Weaver (nee Fowke) daughter was Emma - This is the information for Elinor Frances with her mother in the following Census - there is no Emma.  Other daughter was Beatrice F and 3 sons Oswald J, Philip H L & Humphrey.

1881 Census has her as Eleanor F born 1877 Wolverhampton

1891 Census has her as Eleanor F b 1878 Tettenhall Staffordshire

1901 Census has her as Elinor F b 1878 Wolverhampton Staffordshire

1911 Census has her as Elinor Frances age 31 Tettenhall Staffordshire

Does this mean we have the wrong Weaver Family?  Although this was the only family with a son named Humphrey Weaver who we assume married your Clytie Wheeler.

Joanna Weaver
Joanna Weaver
quotePosted at 07:55 on 20th February 2011

Oh sorry Cathyml you are correct it is Emily Florence's Weaver mother whos name was Emma Fowke.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 08:06 on 20th February 2011
Yes, it was, LOL
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 08:20 on 20th February 2011

Joanna - have you seen all the photos of Penn Court on "Black Country History", many with people in them.  I'm not sure when they were taken but might be family photos?  Here is the URL

http://blackcountryhistory.org/collections/search/?cb_ipp=50&cb_img_only=1&fq[dcterms.spatial][]=Penn+Staffordshire&q=penn&cb_submit=Search
Joanna Weaver
Joanna Weaver
quotePosted at 11:36 on 23rd February 2011
This is an amazing site POE I have passed it on to my freinds. Thank you so so much for this site of Penn in Staffordshrie no I had not seen it and love it and am sure there are some of my family in the old ones in the old motor car and on the steps of Penn court and others thank you so much.
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 11:25 on 6th March 2011

Didn’t you compete in the 1980 Winter Olympics at Lake Placid, New York? Women’s singles/ Luge event perhaps? 

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:6th March 2011 11:39
Joanna Weaver
Joanna Weaver
quotePosted at 13:24 on 6th March 2011

Yes, I was British Champion trained in East and West Germany and Austria and New York State; you are a little Squeal to have spotted this to find out so much.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 13:59 on 6th March 2011

Congratulations Joanna!

I take it that you haven't heard anything positive about the identification of the building yet?

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 14:15 on 6th March 2011
This picture of a water colour painting has been added by Lisa Desbat who is also hoping someone will be able to help her identify where it is.  Can anyone help with suggestions?
Can anyone help with the location?
Picture by Lisa Desbat

This seems to be all the information she has:

"Can anyone help with the location?

I acquired this watercolour painting from my grandma. We don't know where the painting is of. Can anyone help? It's probably somewhere in the Chesterfield/Derbyshire area."