Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Andrew's Parish Church, Rugby

Rugby

in the county of Warwickshire

Cardiff Castle

Cardiff

in the county of Glamorgan

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Postcards allowed?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Debbie Barnes
Debbie Barnes
Posted at 16:27 on 11th January 2011

Dear All,

Under the section of new photos,a member has uploaded a ''postcard of Canterbury'..Can this be right?..I thought the site was for members photographs,not postcards?..After all,we could all send in pictures of postcards that ''other'' people have taken.

I am very disappointed that this was allowed and don't consider it fair for all the other members that take the time to take photographs and upload them to the site,after all...................I thought taking your ''own'' photographs was the point??????????????

Debbie.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Marjorie Pope
Marjorie Pope
Posted at 16:51 on 11th January 2011
Although the postcard in question is very nice, I have to agree with what you say on this one Debbie. 
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 16:54 on 11th January 2011
I approved the pictures of the 'old postcards' Debbie in the knowledge that members had already commented, saying how nice it was to see them. I think we are fortunate to have a record of how things used to be, and probably more importantly the way that photography has progressed to date.