Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Bandstand at Gorleston

Gorleston-on-Sea

in the county of Norfolk

The fishing boat public house, East Runton, Norfolk

East Runton

in the county of Norfolk

A view of the old Gate House at the old deer park between Revesby and Horncastle, Lincolnshire

Revesby

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Christmas!!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:50 on 31st October 2011

I decided to bring up this thread again...hope it's works, has some nice picutres in it also.....the magazines for the kid's Toys came out this year.....great books if you have an younger one between 3 and about 7 years old...lots of stuff...after that it's all "electronics" and I'm looking for magnetic dart boards and table top pinball machines...which look to giving way to arcade basketball instead right now. Expensive stuff thsi year also for the older ones. Professionally an arcade game can cost as much and new automobile...just don't have that kind of money this year as we retire. Besides could go someplace where they are at for an lot less......anyone know what's "hot" this year for the kids?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:19 on 31st October 2011

Don't know what the favourite toy for the kids might be this year Shirley but it will be all over in 56 days (and nobody is really talking about Christmas yet, are they?)  Never mind....hic, lol

Rob Faleer
Rob Faleer
quotePosted at 12:51 on 1st November 2011
My daughter already has already put up her Christmas tree . . . but that's just how she rolls! When she and her husband come to visit us this weekend, I'm sure traditional Christmas carols will be playing in our house!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:23 on 1st November 2011
See Shirley its up and running...
Andrew Marks
Andrew Marks
quotePosted at 18:54 on 1st November 2011

Permit me a Bah Humbug :)

Andy

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:40 on 1st November 2011
the only good thing is seeing the wife next to the cooker.Laughing
Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 19:57 on 1st November 2011
And you next to the sink washing the dishes James?
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:00 on 1st November 2011
dishwasher karen--on  a more serious note this will be our 1st time at home this year for 5 years so we are looking forward to it the lad will call with the kids early on so we have the rest of the day free--how about you??
Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 20:27 on 1st November 2011
Every year for the last 11 years we have gone to the Daughters, we go and unwrap pressies with the Grandkids and then while they are playing the adults retire to the kitchen for the serious business of preparing lunch and having the odd tipple or 4, then lunch and after collapse in a heap and sleep it off,  a small tea and back on to the serious stuff until about 11ish when we come home and sleep for about 3 days!!!  
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:34 on 1st November 2011

Almost certainly Anne will be working some of christmas day , maybe even the afternoon and sleep shift into boxing day so i could be having a really nice quiet day. Along with Andy i gotta say HUMBUG.....never been a great one for christmas. It's for the kids and both the daughters and they kids all have their own lives to live. They know where we are if they want us. If i had my way we would go away again but Anne can't get it off again.