Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Haile Sand Fort, mouth for the River Humber off Humberston, Cleethorpes

Humberston

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Christmas!!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next >

Debbie Barnes
Debbie Barnes
quotePosted at 16:29 on 13th October 2010

Hello All..

I love Christmas,but to be more specific,i love all the images,decorations,lights and how the 25th of December just makes you want to  believe all the words in Johnny Mathias's ''When a child is born''.

I'm pretty new to the site,but i was wondering if perhaps we could put together a 'Christmas Tour' of Pictures as i'm pretty sure they will be stunning and will light up all of our screens?

Just a thought...

Debbie.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 18:40 on 13th October 2010

Lovely thought too Debbie. 

There is already a Picture Tour called "Christmas in England" - which you will find if you click "Picture Tours - More.." on the left side of your screen and scroll down the list of Tours. 

Our Stephanie also put together a "Christmas Time" members tour and this you will find by clicking on "Members Tours" on the right hand side of the screen, under the Picture Tours thumbnails (you can also click on the More Picture Tours just above Members Tours to get to the same place as described in the paragraph above).  Does that make senseUndecided

Debbie Barnes
Debbie Barnes
quotePosted at 20:22 on 13th October 2010

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for your help,i will take a look....

Debbie.

Rob Faleer
Rob Faleer
quotePosted at 21:40 on 13th October 2010
My daughter is a "Christmas warrior" and has always started getting ready for the holiday round about late August! Her new husband is Jewish and I think he finds this both amusing and endearing. They have solved the two-faith marriage question by attending a Unitarian-Universalist church--in fact, their wedding officiant in August was a U-U minister. Sam seems to enjoy the Christmas carols, at any rate, since Leah is wild about Christmas recordings of various English and Welsh collegiate and cathedral choirs.
dcerda65
dcerda65
quotePosted at 04:35 on 14th October 2010
I also love Christmas time.  The lights, decorations, the smells of the pine trees, pumpkin spice, mulberry bush scents, the music.  It's all so joyous.Laughing
Debbie Barnes
Debbie Barnes
quotePosted at 08:34 on 14th October 2010
On 13th October 2010 21:40, Rob Faleer wrote:
My daughter is a "Christmas warrior" and has always started getting ready for the holiday round about late August! Her new husband is Jewish and I think he finds this both amusing and endearing. They have solved the two-faith marriage question by attending a Unitarian-Universalist church--in fact, their wedding officiant in August was a U-U minister. Sam seems to enjoy the Christmas carols, at any rate, since Leah is wild about Christmas recordings of various English and Welsh collegiate and cathedral choirs.

Hi Rob,

I must admit once the first leaf falls of the tree i'm humming 'Christmas Bells!'..I too love the carols,I just think they are are full of hope,happiness and i know,sprinkle my home with a 'little magic'...

I guess Christmas only feels this way if we keep the 'little child' in us alive..But given the world today,i think that's not such a bad thing.

Debbie.

Debbie Barnes
Debbie Barnes
quotePosted at 08:36 on 14th October 2010
On 14th October 2010 04:35, Dolores Cerda wrote:
I also love Christmas time.  The lights, decorations, the smells of the pine trees, pumpkin spice, mulberry bush scents, the music.  It's all so joyous.Laughing

Hi Dolores,

Thank you for your message..I love all the above and yes it's just a 'hopeful' time of year.

Debbie.Smile

Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 18:24 on 14th October 2010

"I guess Christmas only feels this way if we keep the 'little child' in us alive..But given the world today,i think that's not such a bad thing."

Debbie, I couldn't agree more!  The lights, the wonderful smells, the music, special food treats - I'm definitely a "little child" at heart around Christmas.  Lots of eye-rolling going on when my kids and friends see me watching "It's a Wonderful Life" or all the other sentimental holiday films on TV every year.  This year I am enjoying a special musical treat, thanks to a Christmas gift from my employer last year.  I and several of my friends will be attending a performance of "Handel's Messiah" at the Kennedy Center performed by the National Symphony Orchestra and University of Maryland choir.  I'm very excited about that.

By the way, in case I haven't done so already, let me welcome you to POE!

Debbie Barnes
Debbie Barnes
quotePosted at 19:55 on 14th October 2010

Hi Barbara

Thank you for your reply..I too love all the christmas movies that always end up happy ever after...the more sentimental,the better.I love ''Its a Wonderful Life''...Especially with a mince pie and coffee and the christmas tree lights on...wonderful!!!

The choir trip sounds lovely....Have a great time!

Debbie.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 07:04 on 15th October 2010
As Debbie started this thread in picture chat why don't we add our favourite Christmas pictures!!  Here a couple of my favourites - hope you enjoy them Debbie!Smile
Christmas at Haddon Hall
Picture by Kevin Sinclair

Christmas at Chatsworth House
Picture by Kevin Sinclair

Thanks Kevin for the pics!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next >