Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Sunset

Lyme Regis

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Why it Works!!!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 18:13 on 21st October 2010

I write in support of CathyML, who I might add spends a lot of time on POE trying to encourage the members with her knowledge from the point of view of an artist.

Peter, permission is not required to comment about another members picture. Remember it's an opinion, to which we are all entitled. And to be honest if an 'onlooker' is put off joining POE because of any comments, well somewhat shortsighted to say the least.

Ray, Lyn is a friend of mine too, indeed a friend of POE members but ask her why she didn't respond to my email previously where I questioned why she suddenly deleted her pictures without notice (her decision of course) but if something was wrong we were here to discuss it, and 'discuss it' is what CathyML has done! Approving pictures takes up an immense amount of time, so don't lets have any more members getting the hump over nothing!

Keep up the good work CathyML and thank you from me.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 18:34 on 21st October 2010

I have sent a direct apology to Lyn, and I am truly sorry that my intentions were misunderstood.  I certainly DID NOT intend to belittle anyone personally. 

I am sorry Lyn did not feel she could approach me directly as she has done when I have left favourable comments on other photographs she has added to POE.

I did stress that it was purely my opinion and welcomed other peoples opinions on the compositional elements of the pictures.

I appreciate your support Ron - as always "the way to hell is paved with good intentions" - as in this instance.

I will not be adding further to this thread as it do not my wish for this to become confontational. I do not think it is good for POE or it's members for there to be bad feelings and misunderstanding.

Ray Stear
Ray Stear
Posted at 18:41 on 21st October 2010

Hi Ron,

As you are the 'Management' I have to accept that your views prevail. It doesn't alter my views though so there I guess we have to leave it at that

Ray.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 18:54 on 21st October 2010

Hi Ray

Thanks for your further comment but just to square things, I am not 'Management'. I merely approve the pictures and act as a moderator (along with others) looking out for Chris and Sarah who are the owners, and yes our son-in-law and daughter.

Either way, this has matter has been aired and I hope drawn to a conclusion, even if not all agree. We are after all entitled to our own opinion.

cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 18:58 on 21st October 2010

The offending picture has been removed.  Sincere apologies to all I may have caused distress to.

I personally would prefer if this could end here and this thread may sink into oblivion before any further upsets are caused.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:05 on 21st October 2010
I have locked the thread CathyML, the end!