Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Comments on Picture Descriptions

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Clair Swan
Clair Swan
quotePosted at 01:12 on 13th July 2010
I am from the USA and have been to the United Kingdom once - mainly in the middle of England and London.  I am a frequent observer of the excellent photos posted by POE.  Sometimes it takes me several weeks to go through the pictures of a particular county.  They help me plan my next trip to England - hopefully in the near future.  However it puzzles me that people will post a caption that says simply "Church Street" or "Train Station".  It might be something we might wish to see on our next visit, but where in Jolly Ol' England is that  particular "Church Street"  located?  A simple caption saying "Church Street in Bristol" or Church Street in Durham" would help narrow the location a wee bit.  Thanks from a lad that loves your country.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 07:55 on 13th July 2010

It would help to have a little more description (i.e. landscape with farm building and horses grazing), so that if you are googling to find a picture/place/theme, google will find it.  At the moment I am trying to find the picture of the purple witch on the broomstick which hangs outside a shop, but I can't find it.  (Can anyone help?). 

It is possible that Church Street is only included as the photo will automatically be placed in the correct village/town/city and county, so it would perhaps appear superfluous to add this to the photo description.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 11:40 on 13th July 2010

Hi Cathy. You will find the witch in my Mevagissey, Cornwall Photos.

Hi Clair. When you look at the photos,you will also see where they were taken. For example,"Ripple Road, Barking Greater London". Not everyone can put the exact street,maybe taken on holiday and cant remember. Hope this helps a little.

Edited by: Peter Evans at:13th July 2010 11:47
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 11:55 on 13th July 2010
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Peter, got her now!
 Please login to post to this thread...