Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Mary's Cathedral from Melville Street

Edinburgh

in the county of Midlothian

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The Mistlethrush.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 20:16 on 29th June 2010
You may remember I posted a photo of a Mistlethrush that became quite tame and almost brave enough to eat from my hand.My mate the Mistlethrush.
Picture by Peter Evans

This is him or her.

Well I went back to Tydd St Mary and Had an even better encounter with a Mistlethrush. I think he may have flown into a window and knocked himself silly. But he was standing on the lawn and didnt fly away when I walked up to him. I tried feeding him with bread but he didnt take it. I put my hand out to him and he didnt fly away. So I put my finger under him and he climbed up on to it. It took me about ten minutes to get him to fly off. I knew nobody would beleive it,so my sister in law took some photos. Here is the proof.Boy,I felt quite overcome to think that this wild creature got on my finger all by himself.My mate the Mistlethrush.

Picture by Peter Evans

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 20:19 on 29th June 2010
An incredible encounter Peter and what a wonderful experience.  Thanks for sharing it with us.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 20:39 on 29th June 2010

Two lovely photos there, Peter. And it's so GOOD to see you in the flesh, so to speak. 

How wonderful to have such a beautiful bird so close.  

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 21:08 on 29th June 2010
Thanks guy's. It was a fantastic experience. I tried putting him on a bird bath,but he jumped back on my finger. He wouldnt even get on a bird table with food and water. Eventually he jumped off when I put my hand under some shrubs. He looked at me,then hoped into the shrubs and was gone. Thats twice I have had a close encounter with a Mistlethrush in Tydd St Mary. I am glad that I go there quite often.

Edited by: Peter Evans at:29th June 2010 21:09
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:15 on 29th June 2010
i too have had experiences with birds------------Wink this year i have had a family of coal tits nesting in one box and a family of blue tits in another one i must have picked a dozen chicks up in the borders of the lawn i think they may have been "evicted" so the mothers can lay again all is quiet now but it is the blackbirds that are playing up now  i have picked 8 up in the last two days there seems to be more around this year than ever.  nice to hear them though.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:42 on 29th June 2010

Really nice story Peter. I also had a bird eating out of my hand once! Lol

Well done mate, nice to see the proof also because nobody would have believed you, would they?

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 22:18 on 29th June 2010
No,I dont think anybody would have believed it Ron.
 Please login to post to this thread...