Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Mow Cop Castle, Staffordshire

Mow Cop

in the county of Staffordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

For Everyone - Picture Challenge (1) Favourite Sunrise/Dawn - Members' Favourites

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 11:20 on 4th March 2010

I think it would be stunning if each and every member on POE added their favourite photo, in the above category, onto this Forum, with comments on why it is their favourite, these can then be uploaded to a Members' Favourites special Custom Tour, with the reasons for their choice (optional), and everyone on POE will have contributed to the tour.

And seeing as this is the first (of hopefully many) I think it would be fitting to begin with the start of the day - Either sunrise/dawn/early morning. 

I do hope that everyone will participate and make this a stupendous joint effort for POE

My choice has to be :  The Beginning by Sarah Dawson - because the title is just right, description is perfect, colours are fantastic and the there is the feeling of hope for a new day

The Beginning
Picture by Sarah Dawson

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 11:45 on 4th March 2010
Reeds on misty morning at Kingsbury Water Park, Warwickshire
Picture by Jason T

I love this one. Feels serene.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 13:51 on 4th March 2010
Thank you Krissy for adding Jason's gorgeous picture.  I have set up the Members Tour @ Members' Favourites - Early Morning (looking a bit bare at the moment, hoping for lots more pics!) With everyone participating it will be WOW. (No reason you shouldn't add one of your own that you love!) lol
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 14:20 on 4th March 2010

I don't have any of my own here.

But here are sooooo many to choose from! I love this idea!

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 14:23 on 4th March 2010

Oh thank you Krissy (wasn't sure about it at first), I am hoping that if everyone puts in a picture, we won't have to choose - they will all be there in one place.

If this works and I think it will, we can cover all the different aspects of England, wow.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:07 on 4th March 2010
Ducks in the mist
Picture by Jason T

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 16:55 on 4th March 2010
Thank you for your contribution Ron (Jason is a popular guy, lol). I told Krissy all the best photos would be on here if everyone contributes! Laughing
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:58 on 4th March 2010
It'll take a day or two for the members in various zones to catch up CathyML, but a great idea and a big thank you!
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 17:04 on 4th March 2010
I think it will be great fun Ron and just think what the Tour will look like - Wow Laughing
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 17:17 on 4th March 2010

Hints and Tips: If you haven't got a special favourite in your personal favourite file go to the bottom of the page - Google search - make sure the green button is on pictures of england then enter the search term: picturesofengland sunrise or picturesofengland dawn or picturesofengland morning and enter.  A list of pictures will then be displayed matching your search term.  You can click on them to view.  When you have made a selection jot down the picture number.  Then come back to this forum post and select the little green tree button on the toolbar under the messages next to the smiley, in the pop-up box type in the number of the photo and hey presto the picture will be displayed in the post.  Dont forget to add your comment on why you chose this picture.

Looking forward to seeing your selections Laughing

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >