Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Ypres Tower , Rye.

Rye

a Seaside Town in the county of East Sussex

Strathblane from the Gowk Stane

Strathblane

in the county of Stirlingshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Is it really OK for other sites to use pictures from POE?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 16:02 on 6th February 2010

It does appear that from the pictures posted at 21:58, every photo that has been resized to 500 pixels across is from Poe, as so far, all of the random ones chosen---besides my 5----all use Poe picture numbers when you come to save them. EXIF data has also been removed.

Plus, of course, those previous too prior to this lot. 

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:6th February 2010 16:05
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Rob Faleer
Rob Faleer
quotePosted at 16:27 on 6th February 2010

Cathy:

Maybe we should start referring to you as "Hawkeye" in honour of your fine observation skills! Great job exposing this photo thief! It will be interesting to see how long the POE photos remain on robhood's page once complaints are sent to the host website. I suspect that most of those photos have been lifted from other websites as well.

Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 16:37 on 6th February 2010
Not a good situation, but in the first place perhaps we should await comment from Chris and Sarah so that should we need to take action individually we can all sing from the same hymn sheet.
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 17:03 on 6th February 2010
Thanks for pointing this out Cathy. The matter is now in hand and we will update you all ASAP.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 17:35 on 6th February 2010
I am not sure that I fully understand this, but may I suggest that not too many of us visit this "infamous" site, doesn't it improve his "ratings," the more hits or visits his site gets the better his chances of jumping up the google rankings therefore the sooner his site is shown on a google search and therefore the better his chances of visitors.  Can any one put me right on this?
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 22:42 on 6th February 2010
there are a lot of really good pics on this site they must be very tempting for anyone to poach.
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 06:56 on 7th February 2010
Well spotted Cathy! What an invaluable member to our family you have become already! He has nicked some of mine too - think that's why he is calling himself "Rob Hood" after Robin Hood or Robbin something else!!! By the way Chris & Sarah - I wasn't impressed with that site at all - I got bored even looking for my own photos! Our POE is far superior!!!
Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 22:33 on 7th February 2010

When I first found POE I was impressed by the regular contributors who appeared to give their time energy and photos freely and without thought of reward to make this an extraodinary site and I decided that this was for me. In the last few days we have come across what I would describe as two bad internet apples, Noddy and Rob Hood, could they be brothers I wonder.

Love to all my POE friends I look forward to continuing a mutually rewarding relationship KissKissKiss

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 01:16 on 8th February 2010
Itwould seen so wouldn't it Sally!
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 01:22 on 8th February 2010
On 7th February 2010 22:33, Sally Birch wrote:

When I first found POE I was impressed by the regular contributors who appeared to give their time energy and photos freely and without thought of reward to make this an extraodinary site and I decided that this was for me. In the last few days we have come across what I would describe as two bad internet apples, Noddy and Rob Hood, could they be brothers I wonder.

Love to all my POE friends I look forward to continuing a mutually rewarding relationship KissKissKiss

LOL Sally!! They very well could be!! Or even one in the same!!

Love to you too Sally!! Kiss