Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Bolton Church

Bolton

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Our Site our Pictures

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 16:44 on 24th January 2010

Sadly in last few days I feel our collective boat has been rocked a little by some very critcal and ignorant comments by a new visitor to the site. Well, I supose POE isn't for everyone but IT'S FOR ME.!!!!  Lets here it for Chris, Sarah and all the rest of us who contribute irrespective of our knowledge and experience. Long may POE continue.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 17:41 on 24th January 2010
Hear, hear!
Beth Austin
Beth Austin
quotePosted at 20:22 on 24th January 2010
Well said, Sally! I agree with Diana...Hear Hear ! ( or was that..hear ye hear ye ! hehheehe)
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 20:29 on 24th January 2010

I'm with you too, Sally.  Thanks for posting this.

We're behind you all the way, Sarah and Chris!

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 22:36 on 24th January 2010

I always skip the posts which I don't like, nobody can please everybody all the time, and POE has got enough pleased and grateful members to really not  worry too much about the minority.

I am one grateful member

Rob Faleer
Rob Faleer
quotePosted at 00:00 on 25th January 2010

This whole incident puts me in mind of my favorite proverb:

"Please all, please none!"

Will POE be to everyone's liking at all times? Of course not. Will the pictures posted on POE be everyone's favourites? Of course not. Does everyone in POE always see eye to eye? Absolutely not. The beauty of POE lies in it's diversity, energy and humanity--characteristics that Mr. Vardy seems not to have grasped. POE is a welcoming family, not a cold, clinical, mere repository of photographs. If you choose to leave POE, Mr. Vardy, you certainly have every right to do so.

Of course, should you, Mr. Vardy, experience a change of heart at some point in the future, I'm sure that the POE family would extend to you a warm welcome back. And this despite your disparaging parting comments, because that's the kind of people who inhabit this unique and special website!

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 06:35 on 25th January 2010

You know every time I am busy at work & don't have time to visit POE very much something major happens and I miss everything!!!!

I agree with you all my friends - I love POE the way it is!

JauntyJane
JauntyJane
quotePosted at 08:42 on 25th January 2010

I love the Pictures of England Website.  There is something on this site for everyone, whether it be wildlife, flora, towns and villages, country cottages, or beautiful scenery. 

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 12:39 on 25th January 2010

I also used to wonder what the heck a photo of a bird or flower or small creature had to do with a particular area. You can see them anywhere. But on thinking about it,they live in that area and are as much a part of the landscape as the village or church. At least you know what you are likely to see in a particular landscape. I am now just as guilty of posting flowers,birds and insects.

Like Peggy,if a particular subject is of no interest to me, I dont join in. The forums to me are a place to meet and chat with freinds about anything that we want to. There is something for everyone,funny or serious. I dont always put my two peneth in, but I look in every day and enjoy what I see.

Edited by: Peter Evans at:25th January 2010 12:41
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 13:27 on 25th January 2010

Hi Peter, it would be good to see you put more than two penneth in, LOL

I hope your health is improving, Spring is just around the corner.