Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The local

Fletching

in the county of East Sussex

Newquay Harbour tide out

Newquay

a Seaside Town in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Pictures of what?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 Next >

Maurice Turner
Maurice Turner
quotePosted at 13:47 on 16th January 2010
Some time ago, being as I thought selective, I uploaded two photographs taken in Worksop, one showing the main street and the other the very old (Norman) Priory Church.  I haven't looked at Pictures of England for some time and today, when checking to see if any new photographs of Worksop had been submitted, I was taken aback to see that the majority of the pictures under "Pictures of Worksop" are pictures of anything but Worksop, they could have been taken anywhere.  I fail to see how closeup pictures of flowers and birds etc. can be classified as pictures of Worksop.  Should the site be renamed "Pictures of Anything"?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:41 on 16th January 2010

You make a good point. I remember one member who asked the same question about why we had pictures of sunrises and sunsets, and seascapes. 

But if a picure of a flower was taken in Worksop then it will be added to the Pictures of Worksop tour. The picture is also added to the Flora tour, and maybe some other  tours (http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/tours). 

We appreciate your feedback. 

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 15:40 on 16th January 2010
I often upload pictures of Birds, Flowers etc and I know that many Birds are seen in certain areas, the same goes for Flowers, I have just looked at the pictures of Worksop and many have been taken by Barbara Whiteman who took some Birds and Flowers which are never seen on the East Coast, also Roy Jackson take fantastic pictures of Birds around the Wetlands, of which he kindly gave me a DVD, as I have never seen them, therefore I think it is very interesting.
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:26 on 16th January 2010
Maybe if the pictures origins were unidentified but submitted with pictures of Worksop it was assumed they were taken in Worksop?
Toby Craig
Toby Craig
quotePosted at 18:53 on 16th January 2010
I agree in part with Maurice.  When I look at a pics of a certain area, I like to get a good idea of what that area (County, Town etc) is really like. Perhaps pics of flowers, birds etc should be confined to the "More Categories" section.  But please, let us not dismiss them altogether as most are simply stunning in their own right.

Edited by: Toby Craig at:16th January 2010 18:59
Beth Austin
Beth Austin
quotePosted at 20:00 on 16th January 2010
what is Pictures of worksop? What is a Worksop?
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 20:24 on 16th January 2010

Worksop is a town in Nottinghamshire. So Pictures of Worksop is the picture tour of Worksop found here on POE.

Toby Craig
Toby Craig
quotePosted at 20:29 on 16th January 2010
On 16th January 2010 20:00, Beth Austin wrote:
what is Pictures of worksop? What is a Worksop?
Smile Tee Hee..... (Sorry Beth!)
Beth Austin
Beth Austin
quotePosted at 20:36 on 16th January 2010
TY TY TY ....at least now I know....guess I need to get out and explore the country more....still learning....lol....and guess what ? I NEVER take offense at remarks, etc, as I just keep learning. Fun times! ( but give it your best shot, baby!) LOL
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 07:58 on 17th January 2010

Welcome to the forum by the way! Yes I can see your point too Maurice although I do submit pictures of birds, flowers etc. As Peggy points out though some birds are only in certain areas and our friends from the USA enjoy seeing the different species of flowers and birds.

What I have tried to do since joining here is represent my area by taking pictures which do show what each place is like as well as the flower & bird ones. I have tried to check out the places that are not well represented by pictures and submit them. So there is a challenge really - if you live near Worksop Maurice or have more photos of there we will look forward to seeing them.

1 2 3 4 5 Next >