Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Church of St Mary the Virgin at South Baddesley, Hampshire.

South Baddesley

in the county of Hampshire

Shepherds Tavern, Mayfair

Mayfair

in the county of Greater London

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Peter's picture. What do you think about....

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 12:08 on 14th August 2008
I was a quiet and retireing fellow before I met Ron. It was Ron that made me this way. Countersuite coming up.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 12:58 on 14th August 2008
LOL @ Ron and Peter! Laughing
Nick Jones
Nick Jones
quotePosted at 15:03 on 23rd August 2008

Wind turbines, hmm, well they're much better than power stations in terms of pollution and I don't think they would spoil views so much, like Slough power station spoils the view from the Long Walk at Windsor Castle.

Alan Marron
Alan Marron
quotePosted at 16:03 on 23rd August 2008
On 11th August 2008 20:31, Diana Sinclair wrote:
Despite the good intentions no one can deny they are an eye-sore.  Residents on Cape Cod off the New England Coast are fighting just such a "forest" as you put it Paul.  Seems everyone wants green as long as it doesn't inconvenience them in any way.  I am not sure what the solution is.
Given a choice I'd prefer a forest of wind turbines to a nuclear reactor on the doorstep, anyday thanks very much.  We have a nuclear power station at Hartlepool (just on the coast from here, and if the health problems experienced on theopposite (west) coast by the N power station there is anything to go by, I don't want it to come any closer.  At least wind is clean power.
Alan Marron
Alan Marron
quotePosted at 16:08 on 23rd August 2008
On 12th August 2008 00:53, Wolf wrote:
The thing that worries me ,is with all the propellers going round, will we take off somewhere ???Undecided
Put some stout boots on Wolf, they should help keep you tethered to terra firma LOL.  Now I'd blow away in a slight breeze, so perhaps I'm the one should worry!
Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 00:14 on 24th August 2008
On 23rd August 2008 15:03, Nick Jones wrote:

Wind turbines, hmm, well they're much better than power stations in terms of pollution and I don't think they would spoil views so much, like Slough power station spoils the view from the Long Walk at Windsor Castle.

Thank God we have some sensible young folk like Nick who will be the future England (Earth ).
Susan Wood
Susan Wood
quotePosted at 18:32 on 25th August 2008
I have a friend in Portugal where they are putting lots of wind turbines on the high hills/mountains.  They were quite pretty, actually, but now they are running the power lines from them and putting pilons in people's gardens!  Causing quite a stir.   Also here in England I was just reading about the Government having put through a law to prevent planning refusals (not too sure about the details).  It's a hot debate here in Cornwall. 
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 21:01 on 25th August 2008
Well, here's another of the M62 power stations. There are three in all, this one is Ferrybridge. I'm in love with those wind turbines, having lived so close to the three eyesores for so long!
Ferrybridge power station.
Picture by Andy Edwards

Susan Wood
Susan Wood
quotePosted at 21:19 on 25th August 2008
Actually, I am not against the turbines at all but I do hate having my freedom of choice and speech quietly taken away!  That was the point with the Portugal comment, they have no say what happens on their own land - not what I would have expected here, but seems I may be wrong if that article is to be believed.
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 21:28 on 25th August 2008
The thing is Sue, although our MPs are democratically voted in, we have no say on the majority of policies. They'll do as they see fit, for better or for worse!