Tresco

in the county of Isles of Scilly

In the Botanic Gardens

Ventnor

in the county of Isle of Wight

Flamingo Park, Seaview, Isle of Wight

Seaview

in the county of Isle of Wight

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Why a sky ?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 07:38 on 3rd July 2008

Hi Mick:  I'm not offended in the least, and yes, I do understand your point.  A picture of the sky could be from anywhere actually, but so could a bird.  Don't feel like you're putting your foot in it.  The forum is for fun and actually, in my case anyway, learning.  As for your humor, yes, that's the difficult part for all of us.  No nonverbal cues that indicate just kidding.  And a lot goes over my head because I'm out of the loop culturally.  But, the banter that goes on here, it's all very good natured.  That's what I like about it - it's also very genuine, (for the most part.  lol).

We very well could be related, Mick.  Ya never know, ya know?  Smile

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Mick Bean
Mick Bean
quotePosted at 07:47 on 3rd July 2008

We very well could be related, Mick.  Ya never know, ya know? 

May well be, I see your smiling in your aviator. I once smiled although it was a long time ago now, it’s a small world and these connections never fail to amaze me.  

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 07:54 on 3rd July 2008

I'm smiling in my avatar because I was in England when the photo was taken.  Smile

Yes, Mick, it's an odd way to visit with nice people, the internet, but it can be amazing.  Hope you have a day today that makes you smile.  I'm off to sleep, it's just before midnight here.  Keep posting - as stated earlier, a mad lot, but that's good for some smiles. 

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 11:47 on 3rd July 2008
I know why Mick wont put up a proper photo of himself as an avatar, He's really Mr Bean from the TV. Just dont want to be recognised, Huh, sussed himout. He he he.
Mick Bean
Mick Bean
quotePosted at 14:50 on 3rd July 2008

As a point of interest... I work with Lee Corns who has worked with Atkinson and been in lots of comedy shows including Black Adder and Red Dwarf. Now Lee works with the REAL Mr Bean.

Anyone know anyone famous?

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 15:38 on 3rd July 2008
Me, I know Me. Oops I thought you said infamous. Sorry. He he he.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:53 on 3rd July 2008

Mick, you can chill out on this board, as it takes allot of flack for us to take offence.

I like to use my smileys when I am trying to be humorous, as I too come across wrong in my writing style.

As for knowing anyone famous, I've met a few people but don't know any for real.

Mr Atkinson lives about a mile or so away from the home I just sold, does that count?

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:16 on 3rd July 2008
I "met" Val Kilmer (hubba, hubba!Wink) once when he was young and so was I.  Actually, I was on my lunch break from work, and went out for a walk near my office in down town L.A.  I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and bumped into a man.  When I looked up to say I was sorry I was looking into the face of Val Kilmer.  The surprise must have shown on my face because he looked back and winked at me before moving on.  Does that count? LOL!Laughing
Mick Bean
Mick Bean
quotePosted at 17:35 on 3rd July 2008

If were talking about people who live near than I have to own up the the great Sir Paul, he lives close and I sometimes see him around. His recording studio is a windmill and it's were Ringo, George and himself got together for the re recording of Lennons "Real Love" and stuff for the Beatles anthology. Before anyone asks, no, sorry, I dont pass on any letters or information that may infringe on his privacy.

I also bumped into Roy Wood (Wizzard) while leaving a toilet in Brighton once, does that count ?

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 18:15 on 3rd July 2008

Well if we are name dropping, I have met most of the cast and crew from the Lord of the Rings films, and attended all three Oscar parties where they were guests of honor   .  

Go me!

Oh and of course you all know I met with the Osmond brothers and sister Marie this past May.

Doing well ain't I  .