Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The needles IOW

Newport

in the county of Isle of Wight

Nayland, Suffolk

Nayland

in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Why a sky ?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 11:17 on 2nd July 2008
I get younger every day Mick. You just wait for my next avatar. I decided a long time ago that I will live my life in reverse, start old and get younger. Youth is wasted on the young, at least I am experienced enough to enjoy it now. He he he.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 14:37 on 2nd July 2008
Oops, I just thought, If I get younger every day there will come a time when I go back where I came from. Not a thought to linger on huh?
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:14 on 2nd July 2008

Crikey Peter, but isn't that the ambition of all men? Mind you, I'd pay good money to see you crawling back!!!

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 15:47 on 2nd July 2008

Ron!Surprised 

Even though you have "been around" for a while Mick Bean (and your avatar certainly verifies that), I have never seen you so, I wish you a belated welcome to the nut house.  Sounds like you'll fit right in!Laughing

Peter, have you taken a funny pill?  Your comments are getting more and more funny! LOL!Laughing
Mick Bean
Mick Bean
quotePosted at 17:34 on 2nd July 2008
When it comes to nuts stand back, nobody knows more about nuts than me, I'm looking for a nut with a left hand thread, I could do with a good turn.
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 17:39 on 2nd July 2008
LOL @ Mick! Laughing
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 18:40 on 2nd July 2008
Ron, that would mean I would have to go in feet first and I never jump in with both feet.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 04:54 on 3rd July 2008

Hi Mick:  Welcome from me too, to the forum, I mean.  You know they're going to keep busting your chops about your avatar, don't you?  LOL!

Going back to your original question, I think it has to do with the fact that gorgeous sunsets and sunrises are so fleeting and beautiful.  I think most people, when they see one, want to run for the camera.  I know I do, but my shots never do them justice.  And of course, they're not exclusively "English", but why not post them?  They're as much a part of the beauty as any bird, tree, mountain or coastline.

Mick Bean
Mick Bean
quotePosted at 07:23 on 3rd July 2008

Hello Ruth, I think anyone who enjoys photography would, and still do take pictures of the sunsets, clouds and sky. Photography is a great art form and photos of sky are one of my faves I just dident see it as being "English". Should we have a "SKY" photo gallery to show our stuff off on? I think the work that goes into running something like this site must be enormous and it may be seen as detracting from it's origins and adding more work.

One of the reasons I dont usualy use forums is I find I continualy get pulled up on comments I make and each time I try and clear it up I go deeper into an area I really dont want to. See, I've done it again, it sounds like I'm getting at you and I'm not, honest, why should I? I dont know you or anyone here. Anyway, I await the responce and the feeling that will follow of putting my foot in it !!!

I may go off now and open a forum for people who dont want to write anything.... Oh yes, I have found out to my cost that very offten my humer is mistaken as sarcasum, it travels badly and folk overseas dont seem to "get it" but I truly hope you do, I'm really a funny bloke, after all with a face like mine I have no choice

My Mum's name was Ruth, I wonder if were related ?

L
L
quotePosted at 07:34 on 3rd July 2008
On 3rd July 2008 07:23, Mick Bean wrote:

I may go off now and open a forum for people who dont want to write anything.... Oh yes, I have found out to my cost that very offten my humer is mistaken as sarcasum, it travels badly and folk overseas dont seem to "get it" but I truly hope you do, I'm really a funny bloke, after all with a face like mine I have no choice

My Mum's name was Ruth, I wonder if were related ?

LOL @ Mick, I think I have the same sense of humour as you, but maybe thats cos I'm English and we're well known for that type of humour, I'm assuming your from the UK as well?  By the way, I don't remember welcoming you to this nuthouse, then again my memory aint what used to be LOL
Undecided