Baslow

in the county of Derbyshire

Denstone Primary  School

Denstone

in the county of Staffordshire

Aintree racecourse

Aintree

in the county of Merseyside

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

...pictures of cob cottages?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Lynda Martin
Lynda Martin
quotePosted at 21:21 on 1st April 2008

http://www.buildsomethingbeautiful.com/

Please look at this, everyone. It will tell you almost everything you want to know. Lyn

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:33 on 2nd April 2008

Hi Lyn

Just had a quick peep at the site, I think Rose will be very happy with your research. And it will stop PTP from 'waffling and daubling' any longer! Thanks Lyn.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 16:13 on 2nd April 2008

Takes a lot more than that to stop me from waffling. He he

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:20 on 2nd April 2008
Who said I was talking about you Peter, mate?
L
L
quotePosted at 19:58 on 2nd April 2008

Peter, well done you have typed a whole sentence with no spelling mistakes (I can talk! Wink lol) think i've got the gist of spelling welcome now, till next time.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 22:18 on 2nd April 2008
Its not my fault that words come out wrong Lyn. My keys get stuck, and either double letters, or missed letters happen. If I dont go back and check, you all take the micky out of me. But I'm a man, I can take it. He he he.
L
L
quotePosted at 07:31 on 3rd April 2008
and as we all know for a fact...men cant multi-task, so thinking and typing probably is a no no lol
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:34 on 3rd April 2008

Oh Lyn!

Poor Peter.....see not even poor 'old' Peter! But that really is a swipe that shall remain for a later date.  Notice he didn't make any mistakes again, perhaps he IS clever after all!!

Rose Goth
Rose Goth
quotePosted at 20:23 on 3rd April 2008

Lyn ..."kind soul"  as you will see I have managed the knack of changing a chess peice into a Rose! Prehaps this will encourage me to tackle the functioning of digital cameras. ...what can I say, I am old-fashioned, used to the fun of over-developed film!

Peter, Thanks for sharing the photo, its a beauty. I saved a copy to my picture file. Hope thats okay!

Lynda,  The website looks fantastic, thanks. I've bookmarked it for future reference. ...must do something about my bookmarks though, takes me a full 7 minutes to get from one end of the list to the other. I think many of my favorites have been bookmarked 5 times or so. I've been meaning to ask,  are there any pictures you are willing to share of the Cob cottage belonging to your Mom?

Also, You mentioned that it was the wealthy that were able to have kitchen gardens, ...what about country cottages? In Canadian garden magazines there is this fascination with the "English Cottage Garden" which is supposed to be a mad tumble of flowers, herbs, and vegetables growing every which way. (...my own garden has those wild tendencies) does such a garden style actually exist in humble country cottages or is it a romantic North American invention?          Rose

L
L
quotePosted at 20:30 on 3rd April 2008
Well done Rose, a photo of a rose lol nice one! I have a small 'Natural Country Garden' plot at the borttom end of my garden, full of stinging nettles and plants and old logs cut from the tree that butterflies and insects love, it gives me an excuse NOT to do the gardening down that part, but to leave it for wildlife.