Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St. Nicholas Parish Church. Dersingham, Norfolk

Dersingham

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Happy 90th Birthday Queen Elizabeth II

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:53 on 21st April 2016

What an achievement, the Queen celebrates her 90th birthday today! Apparently she will spend her special day with family at Windsor Castle.

We at PicturesOfEngland.com all wish Her Majesty a very happy birthday and may there be many more to come.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 21:36 on 21st April 2016
Over here we got to se her picture with Charles, William and little George surrounding her...turned out an very nice picture...Happy birthday...make it special in some way.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 20:03 on 22nd April 2016
We had the opportunity to see how she spent her day on the evenign news broadcast....she looked happy!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:27 on 23rd April 2016
Thank you for your response Shirley!!
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 22:12 on 11th June 2016

Today is the Queen's official birthday and the day for the Trooping of the Colour ceremony. The weather was good and both the Queen and Prince Philip looked in fine form. It is also the day for the announcement of the Queen's Birthday Honours, where many people's service to the community is recognised.

It is a significant day for the British people, The overwhelming affection for Her Majesty and the Royal Family is undeniable, and the precision of the ceremonies (something which Britain does very well) is the envy of many nations.

Looking at the Birthday Honours list is a great indicator of the broad inclusion in British life of people serving others in so many ways. I was particularly pleased to see a mention in the OBE list of Ruby Turner, R&B Gospel and Soul Singer, for services to music. Ruby is one of many in the list who bring pleasure into people's lives, For those who watch Jools Holland's New Year Hootenanny on the BBC, Ruby's appearance is a highlight. Maybe Her Majesty and Prince Philip are fans !

Government Site Prime Minister's Honours List 

PS Added on 12th June, as a follow on from the Trooping of the Colour, the Queen's Birthday celebrations continued with a party in the Mall for the Charities of which her Majesty is a patron. Despite the mixed weather, the Queen seemed genuinely touched by the outpouring of affection. Perhaps the reason for her popularity is that the Queen does not rule as an autocrat, but rather has given and continues to give a lifetime of service to the people.

Edited by: Edward Lever at:12th June 2016 23:31
Brian White
Brian White
quotePosted at 20:42 on 16th October 2017
Shirley, this response is amazing!

Edited by: Brian White at:16th October 2017 20:43
 Please login to post to this thread...