Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 08:10 on 6th May 2017

I am back again.....open the closet door someone!!!!......I was watching the show tonight on Princess Diana, her life and death.  She reminded me so much o fmy little nieghbor girl use to come up all the time...Nicole was her nameand I felt like I was seeing her all over again going up to see Shelly last year...handicappped granddaughter to my huuby's oldest sister.  One that passsed away recently in Wenatchee, Washington. Princess Diana....an beautiul woman, and "child" bride in ways also...loved by most everyone though,...she had that motherly thing about her. I was working at Boston Market one day when I felt that Princess Diana and "Dodi" came in, she seemed very distraught for some reason, and I didn't know why, her male friend told me to excuse her...she was having of "off" day.  It wasn' t to long after that she was killed in the car accident. I had read that his middle eastern coonections had given her thsi huge "Topaz" ring for Christmas...my mother's birthstone ring....and it's synbolism is indeed for someone in an very emotional state... to help calm them down.  Like my mother...she did better with the kids of the world then with her marriage. Prince William and Prince Harry have some things in common with me, and some things not so common with me, ...we both lost our Mother before she ever thought of reaching middle aged.  My mother was 48, and I was 28years old when I went to my first funeral...my mother's.  In fact, in parts I was made to do her funeral arrangements.  I had an huge boquet of yellow flowers on her casket....and the Red/White heart for her "family" memorial flowers.  She told me before she passed that she'd be with my Great Aunt Katherine. whom had already passed over to the other side.  I don' tknow what it is about some people, but it seems like there is nothing you could of done to saved them in the end. You wonder why, but I guess for them it was destined for some reason.  So i tgoes for my mother. She didn' tpass until she gave me her blessing on the thought we were having of birthing our first child. Seh said she felt it was time now....he has though had an terrible time growing up at the hands of his public school  teachers to begin with....I've most had to self teach him. They have since sent me papers telling me they threw out his entire academic records due to discrimination....and inadequate evaluations of him. Water under the brdige I guess now.

WE had the most terrific lighting over my house last night...but hardly any thunder...it came from inside the cloud system apparently at very high altitudes. My cat, who ususally goes to my bed on the bottom of it, I looked down and here he was peeking out from under my bedroom chair.  I got down an petted him, but it was not until today, this morning I could get him out from under the chair. My hubby slept through it. But he was downstairs anyway last night...MIss Kitty went down with him and climbed in bed for the night. He was more protected down there, so he didn't see the constant lighting going on most the night. It made my feet swell, I've spent most the day working to get them half way normal again.  

This weekend is "Cinco De Mayo"....hispanic restruants were filled to the hilt tonight to order dinner. We ended up going to one I didn't know was here in town, but about the same as we ususaly get in food. It was packed with people also. Downtown waterfront is having an festival this weekend...if it's safe to go down there these days.

Anyway, I watched this show on Princess Diana....and about half th epictures of Charles...he didn't look happymost the time.   They look much happier these days...and i think Kate Middleton has much to do with that. When her and William were getting married...I saw what looked like an "wave" of God blessings going over them...almost invisible but noticeable to me...I took it as an good omen at the time. They have an very challenging future if indeed as the Mason's say that "Armegeddon" arrives in 2013..  How that works out I am not sure as yet. But they are not the only ones that have given this date. I feel our children deserve an better life. I guess I go for now, it's time to do my puzzle and head off to bed. My grandson is here tonight. We have some chores that need done.... Talk to you later on.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:00 on 10th May 2017

Bear with me in my posting...fell backwards into the bathrtub last weekend, slipped on one foot to do it also, but this makes once an week so far...anyway, fell on my tailbone....bruised my left leg from the thigh down to my knees, can hardly walk, sit, or lay down.  I did my crying later on...but things are really tough for me right now.  Those medical tests start next week.  I'm just so tired of all this, there's hardly anything I can do any more.  Not to mention cook me my meals for the day....go shopping for my diet....or do about anything any more. I shut off TV, I finally got tired of the lousy shows and the constant re-runs. I really don' t understand what there is to learn from "Naked and Afraid" but suffering..... I'm already doing that bit. Lots of big earthquakes here in the last day or so also. Most were in somewaht remote areas of the world....not to populated. So I go for now and keep trying to rest enough that I can do more, as my tailbone is in pain most the time, which sets my feet like I'm on an stake being burned to death....and I'm no to happy to talk to talk to any more.  Send your blesssings if possible, I could use them. Talk later on when I'm feeling better.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:19 on 16th May 2017

Test number one today...the eye test...I go back in four months to have the cataracts taken out of my eyes, first we do an all over second health check up first...before laser surgery. Just coming back from the check up today I was seeing little blue circles inside of some clear looking circles on my I-pad. Kind of woozy. I have two of the grandkids this weekend and the third one goes with Grandpa for an local outting at an Park with the Scouts this weekend. It is raining out right  now also....but days ahead should be an bit better.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:58 on 30th May 2017

I know well the pain from a fall such as you describe Shirley the tailbone (coccyx) and I am afraid you will likely suffer with it now permanently, albeit there will be times when its not so bad and bearable, whilst other times you really don't know what position to get into.

Hope your tests have gone well and you are on the mend Shirley.

Hang on in there dear friend and hello to all other POEsters...

Please login to post to this thread...