Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:36 on 14th September 2016

We got the boat put up for winter now, took down the kiddie pool....decorated somewhat for "Holloween"...though my hubby has to put up th elittle ghost I bout today that flies thorough the air on an cable and shrieks...it will go in the downstairs living room area. Not doing to much this year as it falls on an Monday over here. Party's will most likely be on the weekend. WEnt ot go see Tom Hanks new movie..Scully...I can remember watching this on TV...and the river wasn't as icy as i twas back then. But it was an good story...and I wonder why they had to investgate it all to begin with, but guess that's the protcol these days in the airlines. I also kept reember an magazine I read one time onthe airplane disasters...and it showed how this guy came up with an releasable passenger area that dropped out of the airplane with parachutes that inflated...below the plane....and floated downward gently with all passengers on board...Of course in an water situation the whole unit floated also.  It was also loaded with rubber rafts and flare guns to be found, and who doesn' t have an cell phone these days also. Good movie...I generally like Ton Hanks movies he plays in anyway.I have four Christmas presents made, and started the cross stitch work, an dwent to see my new docotor and she wasn' tthere, she was "sick" so made another appointment for Ocotber...but did pick up my paper work for an Hanidcapped Parking pass. You know the police recently  shot an guy reaching for his hearing aide when he was stopped. Might help if they can see an window sticker. So, guess I better go an see what else I can get into...how we get ahold of James?...can we send an postcard like we use to do when we loss people and wondered what happened to them. We need thier addresses. Maybe he went to facebook also.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:47 on 17th September 2016

Hello.....well, we took out some time to go to the Mt. Angel "Octorberfest"...as I like to buy something from the Senior Citzens Center to help their "Meals on Wheels" for over winter.  It's an very small town when the festival isn't there.  I like the area though..farm ground mostly with an back drop of the Cascade Mt.s in the distance...houses are  not stacked on houses and everythiinbg is well organized...no junk around and unpainted houses or unkept yards. You  can see they are the simple folk, but the good people also. Hubby is going to be taking three days extra off every other week...for two weeks.. until things pick up again in the nursery....so every other week for two weeks he will have five days off....Will have to see what this does to our budget..but over all I guess it's like taking one week vacation time..over two weekends.. He's in for an sad time if he thinks I just sit and never do much around the house here every day. So,I just packed my cross-stitching, my book I'm reading, my Ipod/ for beginners.. so I'd be ready at an moments whim. MIght throw in an small puzzle also.  Some of my walking clothes/shoes also. All we have left for Holloween is installing the ghost that flies through the room and it's done pretty much. Kids took on an ferral cat o fsame gal she works with, took her four hours to catch it, and it founght like crazy at that, she ended up having to go to the doctor for antibiotics from being bitten/scratched or something that way. This was an little tiny kitten 14 weeks old that weighed only 2 pounds back then...it's looking good at the momen tthough...but still fiesty. "Tink" is an bit bigger, so mayve she thinks she's found her mother cat? Willk calm down in due time. I go for now, Tree house Masters comes on tonight and I like watching it on TV...so talk to you  all later on..... Have an good weekend !.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:39 on 19th September 2016

WEll, we are back now..went to the Octorberfest on Thursday....went to the coast on Saturday.....now the last one was itsey all up and down the coast that night...four people died in car accidents, hump back whale washed up 

on Cannon Beach, and and boat grounded itseld on an beach near Florence, Oregon....we did make it to the Salmon Bake, but it wasn't an Native American affair as in the past, this was an fund raiser for the city of Depoe Bay, and maybe that's why it was pouring down rain. But I did get my Salmon dinner bu tit was not what the Native American's put out when they are behind this effort of an Salmon Bake....and I graded it about 3 out 5 for excellence. I told you all that, the Native Americans really know what they are doing when they get involved and the Native American music I heard was on an "tape" and not them themselves. So it was bound to not be the best in all, and I wondered after all, why don't they just put four "Food Carts" in thier park year around and get an reputation for them beign their throughout the year.... one with chili and hot dogs, one with Indian Fry Bread, one with sandwhich "wraps" ...I like turkey/cranberry/apple fixin's in an wrap with an drink and one food cart with some kind of dessert goodie, like Apple cobbler or Strawberry Shortcake or  chocolate cake/brownines maybe. WE did have an excellent piza tha tnight with an salad that was really good in our room. Agin I listened to the manager'sroblems of double queen beds when most families are three kids. So the celings are high enough, with the beds already there on smaller rise...and huge bed backboards cut down half...they could put an entire industrial type walkway bed across the other beds that would easily hold two long teenagers....and the railing would up grade and modernize the rooms, on both ends an small climbing lader up into the walk way/bed area...and sleeping bags over puffy matresses maybe. They wouldn t have to move anything else in the room...and would be looking into the tv set also. They should charge less for the rooms to rent them also....as I found them extremely pricey for the lousy view of nothng that you got in the room, depsite the balcony off the room. You looked down into the parking lot. So now that we've solved theweekend problems...and we nearly got creamed by three small deer walked out into the road also...I don' t if anyoneelse hit one, bu tthere was plenty enough traffic on the road...and an long RV trailer just ahead of us, he pulled off the road when he saw them. Petra left me iwth the feeling of possible earthqyaje over there this month also....so I didn' tsleep to well thinking of that either and only got maybe four hours sleep at most. It could of been an better weekend. IN th emeantime they said local Troutdale had 1.34 inches of rain that night...must of been an cell storm going up river, but everyhitng here was OK when we got back. With that, I slept most all afternoon...so had better go for now. Talk to everyone later on...have an good evening!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:55 on 20th September 2016

How far are you from the beach Shirley? When we head to the coast it's about a 60 mile journey minimum, but I know how the roads over there are so much longer before civilisation is obvious. I remember driving down International Drive in Florida (I think) and crikey it was never ending compared to our roads.

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are.

Hope James is okay, haven't heard from him for ages which is unlike him.

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 21:51 on 21st September 2016

Hi everyone cooling down on the Costa del Sol touch of cloud layer its been a hot summer rained for 10 mins the other night hardly wet the road no trace of water 5 mins after it stopped.

James might be down here if he is I could offer or cadge a beer LOL 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:41 on 22nd September 2016

Hope this is not like earthboppin tonight...it was so messed up after I posted you could hardly make it out for the spelling problems. Ok, Ron....90 mins driving time mostly will get you to the Oregon coast around Lincoln city to Seaside, Oregon somewhere. But there is so much traffic most the time it can take longer if there's any problems, the majority of th eroad is two lane, though they are still improving some sections of it. Dundee, Oregon on the west side of Portland) is an mess to get through the area...it's mostly wineries in that area also, with plenty of tasting rooms. Basicially it's an 20 mile strip through the coastal mts and the rest is the Willamette Valley area, or the coast its self. I heard teh England was having it's hottest day couple day's back...85 degrees...ho wwe wish over here...or less righ tnow as we turn into autumn days. I havent' been here because we have an thing going with the nieghbor, he's getting trees from hubby and he's giving up his bark dust instead.  But I gave them an chicken stew kind of pot pie to eat for their dinner tonight. These receipes make so much food for only two people. But I substituted with califlower for the potatoes, and button mushrooms for th eoysters and made some sausage gravy to go over the pie crust and chicken inside of the pie. They were at the coast last week while we were also, he had to give an Coast Guard speech for their get together at Chinook Winds Cascino... and we had my sister with us going to the Depoe Bay "Salmon Bake". We missed thier Native Americans doings...and they were Navaho entertainment group...and I can't ever think of them having them there in years past.St any rate had an nice chat with the motel manager about how to make his rooms accomodate family's with three kids. Joyce goes in Friday to start her heart tests to see why she is having problems with an irregualr heart beat this summer. Most likely it's the heat she's been in and she works constantly...needs to slow down and bit and smell the roses..as they say...and some "ass" trying to kill everyone in our area..with either sonar waves or microwaves of some kind. WE don' t know who this is because of everyone's career's being special ops or nursing/supervising and leadership roles. Doctors also. I did manage to find "Dancing with the Stars" this season couple o fnights ago, but I still like my National Geogrpahic "living off the land" TV shows also.  I've learned an lot form those people. Especially in living off the grid as they say. They still have to come up with about 2,000 dollars an year to live off thier own land. Most of them barter for food stuffs or furs...but they have an tough time at it also..their own local markets in the hills help them more so then do FArmer Markets, buying their produce, such an honey, mushrooms, fresh herbals. I could detect others slightly treating them like "hillbilly's" also...they were one grade above them. I consider them ingeneous people with the stuff they make to survive on. City folk look to free Gvoernment help to survive many of the things they go through without any help. I'm sorry they get thier feelings hurt by others at times.  At least they are not blissed out on dope..laying in the streets. Thsi weekend they opend up and 45 bed unit homless housinf for women only in town here...not far from teh transporation centers to Portland...about time as it's inching under 50 degrees at night and rain is picking up. Thye are also doing the men for an 1,000 person facility elsewhere. Acrons are falling heavily now/filberts'leaves..... turning colors/squirrles out everyday storing for winter. I have about four of my Christmas crafts done and working on the others. Time to make teh Granny Smith Apples into Apple cobbler...and I guess my dau-in-law made applesauce and did up peaches this last weekend...canned them..my nieghbor up the street did up beets..she was passing them out at the yearly nieghborhood get together

Hello Mr.Rodgers...good to see you here...was thinking about you the other day..having an muscle problem of all things. Been trying to build them up some on high protein drinks. Slow going none the less.

I too an wondering where James is at...James..what happened to you?

I guess I better get going for tonight...long day for me. Some grocery shopping but homemade cooking also. I guess we do the bark-dusting some more tomarrow night. Hubby opted to take two days extra on two weekends instead of one week...so we'd have some time to go somewhere.  I guess I better go an talk to JohnL again, another woman found dead and it was an homocide, just came on my news alert on my I-pod....he has been telling us to be espeically careful to not be targets with what's gong on here with women in particular. Always nice ladies with intelligience and caring people in general..had leadership roles in thier lives also. He thinks this is some guy doesn't like women in gneral..but especially nice ones, upstanidng women types. It could be the "Goldbergs" also.

Anyway...I best go for now...been rading my book lately also...pretty much across the nation into the Natve American history for this country....and it's many museums and artifacts. I did not know there was so much of it.

Have an good evening everyone!!!

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:04 on 23rd September 2016

Hello...well, lost my post today to JohnL again, he gave me another reference in how to post long post without hurting teh servers o fweb sites in using it. He says, you know the problem...your fairly accurate in the information thatyou convey...they don' t like it these days. Esp sensitiive data like UFO's and Native Americans....and I pointed out how similiar traits they have....esp with an recent murder over near Forrest Grove Tuesday night of an Native American girl named "Apache Rose Hightower", aged 24. They say she died violently also. What' s this thing going on about Austrailia and big quakes taking place that isn' t tbeing posted in USGS earthquake site. Bunch of baloney or not...they claim they've been having 6 mag quakes along the entire platte boundery over there recently. With that I go for tonight as we barkdusted tonight and with the incoming bad vibes off the outter space interfernce from Califonia....lots of pain for me.  Talk later on.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:55 on 23rd September 2016

Haven't yet heard of any recent earthquakes in Australia, Shirley and modern technology being what it is you would think we would have, had it been the case.

Hope your pain is soon under control

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are...

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:52 on 26th September 2016

Thnkas Ron, you kno whow things are these days...very manipulated...we had two queks over night out in the ocean...one near Gold Beach , Oregon and the other at Brookings...highest the one got was only an five mag.and I think it was manpulated and triggered most likely.  My neighbor is now wearing her heart monitor ane being monitored 24 hours..she had her tests Friday and will find out this week what they will decied to do. WE have been helping her hubby take up his bark dust aroudn the corner yard of his, so he can plant trees instead with flower beds around them..perhaps to make his wife happier that ti's getting down. Something to look forword to doing. Last night had me in an bad mood.....my hubby didn't come home, and he told me that it was an 3 miles hike and an day trip...I was calling everyone in the family with no one answering...I was fi tto be tied, he was in an area there was no cell phone reception....but that day....in th email...with hsi name on it, personally written, which I hardly ever open, but did yesterday, he got an addy for preparing to get himself cremated some day.....so when he didn't come home last night, knowing all the craziies out there these days...I was about ready to call 911 (police) and see if they had any accidents in the area he was hiking...though my son said that he was staying overnight to camp along with Colby, our grandson. I finally fell to sleep on the sofa with miss kitty cuddled up in an fuzzy blanket with me and watched the old "Star Wars" episode...where they are training him to lift up an space ship by thought. For some reason it gave me an great deal of peace, maybe back in those days things were better then today's world. So I said, maybe my anger resulted in those two quakes but I think at most one was maniputalted and the other was triggered naturally perhaps. I think it was manipulated because my sister bought an battery that isn't even 3 months old and it went out on her last night also for no good reason really. Even the newer cars these day s look like they have evil eyes. So we hlped Randy so some more bark dusting..transferrring from his house to ours out front, so he can bring in new dirt to plant hsi trees if he gets to it here soon, may bave to wait until next spring. Hope things in our neighborhood straighten themselves out. I've pretty well got my Christmas presents done now except for my kids and out yearly going someplace. I did my sister yesterday with clothes and an half price  Christmas bedding set. Nice clothes, for going to church or out looking at lights somewhere. Got my winter clothing up graded also, and the shoe situation I think an little better now.  Can get soem boxes 30 per cent off at local Public Storage place, work on that this week. finish packing the things need sent out by Thanksgiving out of state. The chemtrailing they did here earlier tonight is making me sneeze severly...so guess I shoud get going, wash out my nose. Last week was massive killings an murders all wekklong I guess you know...It does not make you want to leave your house, but that's how they can control people buying on the internet....and clsoe down local stores. Sad an bad as ussual. I talk to you all later on...have an good week.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:58 on 26th September 2016

Post spelling tonight is manipulated so hope you can understand it all. I just bought my autumn edition of the Victoria magazine to look at also...has some nice receipes using squash and pumpkins too!.