Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 17:33 on 29th August 2016

Well, watching this  morning's "news" was an laugh...first...teachers get an extra paid day off to help straightend up their class rooms so school can start..so school starts one year later this year, and when it does resume, they are asking for higher wages.....I don' t think they ever thought to ask the parents if they could afford the extra taxes or not, I think we are getting down to being made to give them our last loaf of bread now......and then there's the policeman, whose K9 dog is so well trained....he puts his hand down, the dog lays down, he raises his hand, dog sits up...so he's excerising his dog with his hand, down/up/down up....gee, no wonder they can't handle the people withouth shooting them insetead.....and guns did go off last night near 136th street and Powell...it was attributed to the12th gang related gun fire.....of August..... Cops must be excerising their dogs to much? Of course it's probably more expensive to replace the dog if it got killed then it is the person making mayhem. 

By the way, they charged my health insurance company $679 some dollars to clean the wax out of my ear recently, my heath insurance said at top dollar it wasn't worth more then $100...so why they do negoiations on that one,..they made me pay $35....or about what it was truly worth. though t eheath inurance company sent me an thing not to pay an dime more of any charges, ad they could not hassel me, or make extra late billings for anything either. I tell you, if you accidently spit on your foot.... that may be an $500 health charge.

So anyway, while I see all this rediculous stuff going on I remember the good ole days...when people worked and no one was out shooting anything for fun or pleasure....and the dog was simply good old "Fido" ...whose only contribution to you for the day was an sloppy nose kiss....and an waging tail. I talk to you all later rain showers come in tomarrow and the next day...we could sure use them, we covered our patio porch yesterday with an canopy, changed the patio furniture around, grand kids came in for the day...school starts for them here soon also. Parents took them coupel weekends ago for thier last coast outting before school does start.

Ron the homeopathic medicine called "Pain Relief" is sold worldwide...it's one of the best pains relievers I've ever ran into...because it works on the " nerves" as much as the asprin like stuff in it.  I'm off everything pretty much except for it and an light adult diaper cause I still can't walk fast enough to make it to the bathroom at times..but even it's going away. I can go up and down my two flights of stairs, though it tires me out doing it very much. Ihave to stop and rest an bit in the day now Getting back to the same old stuff. Got several projects completed around the house also. Hubby retightened up the hand rails yesterday for me going outside also. WE bought some "mums" in pots on sale so my entryway is once again "pretty" with bright colors, an dI have lawn chairs postioned within them and the foilage also. Did that an refertizlized the plants...they look sick from thethree days of 100 degrees last week...so they could use the rain incoming.  They chemtrailed really heavy yesterday trying to knock out the wind as we have wild fires all over the palce these days....Levenworth, Washingoton again, Eagle Crest Resort over ny Redmond, Oregon, up in the hills of Depoe Bay, along the coast, in fact Washington state says 20 counties up there are asking for disaster funding from wild fires...and even near here the other night over on highway 26 there was a field fire they had to put out.  They calim for people starting them also, not the weather.

(Probably some of those "untrained" people?)

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:36 on 2nd September 2016

Hello everyone.....well, took the time out to gather up my outsid furniture and with canopy and tarp make i tinto an kind of enclosed back patio. It has indoor/outdoor beige carpeting on the cement slab...my grandson here today helped me enclose iit withthe tarp under the roof eve, so it can't get rained on. Cat was in her heyday ou tthere watching me do all this..hubby will put in the lights this weekend.  Tarp is heavy and brown on one side toward the patio and green on the other side slipped into the landscaping.  Two lawn swings in an L shape...patio table on then end...and we have huge gray round kettle type bricket type grill with lid...plua a hauled th egrey brick up down an ways but near it..and put the raised firepit with lid on it itside the brick, and finished it off insdie and under the canopy with an gas grill you use an bottle of propane to cook with, it has an lid also. They are spaced out in an triangle also. But I took care to add on one end another canopy enclose to block the wind/rain...and under it two lawn shairs and umberella between them...and small kiddie table...chair and table with plant...it si an narrow passageway that isalso landscaped on each side..The canopy is much wider then the passageway to walk in.If i trains, should rain in the raised flower beds on both sides...and in small fruit trees.On elawn swing got an heavy beige sleeping bag, the othergot an rust colored sleep bag...both my lawn swings I added top camping pads to beforehand also..that are water proofed also.. So here soon, I can go outside to two warming heat exchanges and one fireplace kind of thing and one when not heating , I can cook on also...you know...popcorm. I was tired by the time I came in and doing over the canopy and enclosing the north side of it all...and the west side also. I have one more tarp also to do the south side...the house is attached on the east side. It can all come down in an matter of minutes also if need be. But you know October comes with Holloween also.  My grandson drove to his high school to get this year's schedule....Biology, Wind ensamble, Geometery, modernWorld history, English, French, and Forensic debate...should keep him busy. I'm inot chapter 14 of the book I'm reading right now also. Today was an eclipse you know...one that had great affect on me astrological wise. I heard the REverands church had gun shot fired at it Monday....so went over to see him today...he said i twas an chuch named the same,  but completely different then his...this one i sin Portland on Glisan street. While I was there he had all kinds of grocery carts out front with food in them for the having...I asked him i fI could have an red pepper...he said ot help myself on any of it..so I came home with an red pepper...6 bakery made mini-cupcakes...and one long stem red rose. For some reason I feel better also. We just went out to dinner at Shari's fo rmy senior citzens Salman dinner with grilled veggies and green salad an roll and ice tea...while my grandson decided to stuff himself with an strawberry belguim waffle loaded with whip cream topping..He's an growing kid you know. I would like to see th eyoungest on get into Ham Radio communications..someday...maybe an hoibby club of some kind....meet people over the air waves. Iguess in remote Canada....they often teach school on them also these days.  Of course they use computers also.

Ig go for now, our rain so far asn' tmount to barely getting the road wet, acron sheels fallling all over the driveway now, bu tdo' tsee my little squirrels out there. I miss them. They have always been here an struggle to have another generation that isn't killed off by cars. Same for the birds also. I fed both of them....talk later on. 

Have an good evening.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:19 on 2nd September 2016

Hi Shirley, two great posts again that make good reading, thank you!

We have a 'Pain Relief' gel here but it's Ibuprofen based so is that what you mean? If not, exactly what is the product called, can you give a trade name for example?

Hi to all POEsters, hope all is well?

quote | editPosted at 00:52 on 3rd September 2016

Ron, it comes in an small red box, It is put out by NatraBio, it's been around for 30 years now as an Homopathic pain reliever...www.elephantpharm.com. I picked mine up in town here at Natural Growers...an organic store....here is what it has herbals for..painful limbs, joints, injuries, sprains ,neuralgia, saciatcia, headache, back pain, muscles...plus other assoicated pains..it causes no drowiness and is none habit forming. You take 2 tables every 2 hours and then one tablet every four hours. Stop taking it if pain persists after 7 days. Go to see an doctor. Now, it works on nerve type pain...Ibuprophen is an inflamatory pain reliever, Asprin is an blood thiinner, Tylenol is an arthritic pain reliver, and advil helps with migraine headaches. You have no idea how much it cost my daughter in-law to be taught that in nursing collegr classes. It is callled "Pain Relief" on the outside of the box. I think it works because it tempoarly or stops..... the pain going through your nerve endings and the other pain drugs do not. My daughter in-law told me that also, pain killers are made for specific pain. The hospital told me to take the Ibuprophen for the "shock" of the injury and to help reduce swelling  of the injury...in my case an Leg sprain/muscle.I take two of them if I do an lot of moving around on my feet...and on my sprained leg until it heals. They like you to stay off your feet as much as possible, but there's things I still do, go to the bathroom, cook my food, feed my cats, pick up the mail, answer phone calls, just daily type stuff. You can also add in there buying groceries...though we ate out the first week, but had to get to the resturant...most the week it was an fast food place that hubby went to to get the food. First two months of this I was basically off my feet reading books also, but then when I go tover that, my muscles were so weak I could hardly lift my body up on it'sown accord without crutches...Then went to cane....to forth. I have my good days and my bad days and most depressed at not being ablr to get back on my diet andexcerise program. I was told an really bad sprain it can be 6 months before it's competely healed and that is what it is this month...6 months. Falling at teh Kmart shopping center parking lot didn't help...but that manager asked me something that I wondered how he knew...unless he saw my medical records....Had I takne my diabetes medications that morning....I am an border line type 2 diabetic which means at any given time...I may have none the symptoms of it. Three times since April I have not registered as an diabetic.That is why they ask me to keep records fof them..in all this makes the fourth time I've done that. I have NEVER had the symptoms my mother had when she was diabetic. I think my sister is because she refuses to do anything about her diet. I've been here also when she never takes her insulin also....other times she has to run home to take it 2 pm every day.o have it either that I know of. They have an criteria....birthing babies/overweight/blonde hair/light complextion/female/over 40 years of age. On top of that I was an pre-mature baby.  my brotherJim was an 10 pound baby at birth for my mother....Oh yes, another thing...it runs in every other generation if it's not  bred out of the genes....which is why you need to know your past family...and who they were. After your born, more you drink alcohol contributes to it, More you eat bad food/carbohydrates contributes to it. EXhausting sports or job.... can trigger it also. But so can an lack of excerise more so then to much. I will be ssing my nerw doctor here soon enough...see what we find out then. my last one was an pill pusher most the time...and I don' thtink he really knew his drugs all that well also.

Well, hubby just came home and took grandson to get his school hair cut and back to his house. Guess I should still get going though for now...I hope they do something besides sit in front of their computers this weekend. Talk to you all later on.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:13 on 4th September 2016

Last night was weird...an fireball came down from the north through the valley area and kept going...maybe coasttocaostam will more on it from the people that saw it....and Pawnee, Oklahoma had an 5.6 quake and that was kind of rare for thier parts also. Today seemed like an get nothing done day...I slept in till noon almost...I don't usually do that in one long stretch of sleeping. Kids did what I wanted to do today..went to the coast....so hubby was on babysitting duty out at their house with the animals. It was an very boring day...and tv is even worse you know these days...we ended up seeing re-run number 1,000 or so of Harry Potter with dinner....but better then all th drug shows and nazi shows, and just crap in general.  They moved the Homeless out of Springwater Coridor...residents nearby say it's pretty quiet there now, volunteers that were helping them say they went underground and are being secre tto where they went to..... so service people don't know where they are to help them now....a couple went to the hospital after sucuming to the stress of moving and not knowing where they were going. I find i thard to believe thsi is really happening in America...when the illegals crossed the border,..people gave them jobs because they worked free, no hospital was allowed to turn them down for emergency services....Food Banks feed them, the welfare stepped in and gave them places to live...but for some reason...not this time...and most these people are white and older or elderly people....and well, what can I say....nothing I guess.  Hope tomarrow is better then today was....talk to you later on.

Have an good evening....and what happened to James?

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 20:01 on 6th September 2016

Good Morning....well teh Holiday is over here and the rain came in and it's one of those wanting to lay on teh sofa and smell something cooking days. Arocns are fallling an dnow it's th leaves plus many are turning  colors now also...particularly the maples. I think it's the beginning of fall now without an doubt.  Even my cat is in his little box sitting toward the frotn window snoozing and not wanting to be bothered.

WE took out some Holloween decorations yesterday and got them put up in the garage, so when you open the dorr they greet you, took down the kiddie pool for this year, bought some craft items for christmas Presents, talked to Dee Dee yesterday on the phone, Walked just an little bit yesterday also. Thinking about making Beef stew and biscuits for dinner tonight.  I lead an exciting life don't I?,,,Ha !  Feels like it's an Monday...kind of slow and draggy today.

How is everyone?....any one out there?

Well, have an good day today..... and enjoy it...talk later on.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 20:07 on 7th September 2016

Hum, serious "Ju-Ju" to discuss today with you all...but first, my kids live out in an rural setting, my grandaughterwas coming home...just blocks from their house and an deer ran out in front of her car, she hit it, and in the process of trying to control her car, went across an ditch, thrrough an wire fence, and hit some trees.  I think she said the deer was stunned and later on got up and left or she killed it...but anyway, it did an number on her car grill and bumper I guess.For some reason...I called her just after it happened, and asked her how she was doing....she probably by now thinks grandma is defeinately "pyschic" as she tells me she's rather "sore" as this had just happen. I'll try to go out tonight to see her....not really her fault, deer do that in this country area...and the road was most likely wet then from the rain of yesterday also. I'm glad she wasn't hurt seriously..and "God" was watching over her. 

Now...this thing about the "Goldbergs" and time traveling into an different era...it is apparently done by an means of Hypnotism....and we are checking into the situation....but I think I've all told you before that we think our neighborhood is being targeted by this in some fashion...possible an laser beam wave of some type. Whatever it is it affects our nervous system and is causing my neighbors to die from heart attacks.....I've been battling it for several years now. First it started as "Gout" and then went into my own heart problems, and of course now the muscle strain and weakness in my legs. In April I had my leg go out on me, and ended  up in emergency, theytold me then that it was an bad strain....I never dreamed it would take me 6 months ot recouperate and then 4 weeks ago fell in an store Parking Lot....so now I'm trying to heal from both. At the beginning of all this, my neighbor across the streetcame home with her foot wrapped up and I aksed her what happened, she said she was just out jogging like she ususally does and for some reason "broke her foot"....the weekend my neighbor sides us wouldgo into cardiac arrest and die...and he was relatively young.   Nowfor her letter she send me over just before herhubby loaded up their camper and left the area, and he's been doing that lately to get her out of possible harm.

Dear Shirley...It has been so long since I have seen you. Your friendship is important to me so I wanted to let you know that I am not ignoring you. I have had a series of issues thsi summer so have not been out as much as I ususally am. You know in March I broke my foot and was not really walking much until aroudn the 4th of July...while visiting my son in eastern Oregon, I passed outso the doctors wanted a Holter monitor fro my heart. I have so many arrhymias that my pulse is typically in the 30's or 49's so I get really lighheaded. I also had an retinal hemorrhage which may fo been the result of the cardiac hypopefusion related to my arrhythmias (irregualr heart beat)...And can you beleive it ,we just got home and tweaked my back. She's also having problems with her kidneys also. ...so I can see why he's packing her up literally and leaving his...soem fo th eother neighbors are doing the same these days, because we don' tknow how to fight this. I beleive  it is somekind of research going on but whose all involved I have no idea....at least we think the "Goldbergs" and possibly our military. Her son is an military recruter. Only other person I've heard of such things was many years ago and they were targetting an woman up in Canada....with help she sued our miltiary.... and they paid her off to keep quite about the experimentation they are doing these days. But it is an very real problem and not something just made up out of our heads either. She goes on with other things...asking my how my need for an hearing aide went...thumbs down so far people!. We just simply can't afford them fo rme at $2,000 per aide and I have to have one for each ear. Hubby got his via the Vet's Admiinistration for $50. The cost to the public is rediculous. Maxium they are only guaranteed for 2 years to be trouble free in replacement. Anyway...an bit worried about my nieghbor and if she survives her problems, while I try to survive my own. I am at a bit lost for words to say how I feel...and what I should do to protect us. So, with that I wobble to the grocery store and the last few times I've been there the people themselves have been helping me sack my groceries and get them out to the car....two of them being colored folks...and we don' t have many of them around here...but they seemed to know I needed some help. I took my hubby to the store with me the last time and he's very Scottish tight-wad to say it mildly, so I bought only about 50 per cent of what I really needed...so must go again today. I guess the rain is now over for anotherweek again, and our yards so despararetly needed this rain we had.  I am told that Russia had an 6.3 quake on Sept 5th, followed by an tragic automobile accident that killed Putin's car driver, the picture I saw of him looked like he was crying down to hsi soul...no doubt an good friend...it was not his fault.  I do not know if the energy of this quake could of contributed to the accident or not. Let us show our respect in humanity.... and send him our condolences. Talk to you all later on....sigh*....try to have an good day!

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 01:56 on 9th September 2016

WEll, the car turned out more damage then what it's worth...they found another car some guy is parting out way down in Los Angles for the same priice it would cost them to turn into the insurance company...if they can find an wayto get the car up here...for $500 then they can use the parts off it and rebuild it. Not turn it in to the insurance company at all. Other then that..maybe find another car or drive it with minor repairs made...like the broken head light.   Myhubby said something worth noting yesterday, he said he was so glad her father bought  her this suv, because it sets up higher...had it been an lower to the road car, the deer probably would of went through her windshield and she would of had injuries also when she left the road herself...as it was...while it knock her out of control, it knocked the deer off and out of her way also.

I am in one of those moods today...not happy, not sad, not tired, but not wanting to do anything. So All I got done was going over thsi little wine cabinet I ran across with Old English furniture polish and scratch remover. I feel it can as an gift this Christmas be used in three differnt ways...as an wine bottle holder....in the living room or as an Christmas center piece on top an table...or it could be used in the bathroom with that bottle chamgpagne type bubble bath...with accesories, as it got an small side of shelf units the other side of the wine bottle rack,,,or she could use it, because she makes lighted wine bottles as an hobby into an by the door catch all for keys/mittens/gloves/ extra stockings/car acessories for ice scraping and removal also...spare keys and extrapocket cash going out the door and hats...it also has two small draers pull out above the wine rack and side units. Finally she could cover the wine rack with an swag wreath going down and use it for an nick nack shelf to display things. I'll let the reciver decide...maybe she can think of something else also. Today was an short day as I slept long hours and have been doing that for the last couplel of days for some reason. Talk to you all later on....Have an good evening.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:41 on 11th September 2016

My postings won' tgo through for some reason, I must be saying an special word that hits the button and takes offthe posting....so I give up....know we have nazi's in our comptuers only letting what they want to be known through, just really sucks....scumbags.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:31 on 11th September 2016

Hi Shirley hope all is well soon.

As for the leaves dropping, the same applies here the leaves have started dropping early and I know of grounds maintenance contractors who are clearing them already, whilst making the point that it's quite early.

Concerned about James as he hasn't answered my emails, or Skype. Hope you're okay mate?

Hi to all POEsters...