Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St. Peters Church at Zeal Monachorum, Devon

Zeal Monachorum

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:04 on 12th August 2016

You sure are in the wars over there Shirley one way or another.

Hope you are feeling better after the fall, but my experience with ankle damage is that you suffer thereafter, hope that's not the case for you dear friend.

I've been really busy in the garden of late trying to keep on top of the weeds that grow no matter what the weather, pity we can't just harvest them to keep them down. lol

As for Bruton Parish Church Shirley ...well if you see a lot of people arrive with spades you'll know why?Could make some very interesting reading!

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are, hope your day is good.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:46 on 13th August 2016

Don't we though Ron, in all kinds of things going on...I quite by accident found out why this astrology book I had gotten an couple of months ago said if Trump wins...he may not be so happy after January....some top notch psychic prediction group says it's because Texas will be thinking of leaving the United States as part of the union. They are also saying that the end of SEpt someone attacks San Deigo also....but they believe people are working at getting that one stopped before then. It is 97 degrees outside today and will be 95 tomarrow....heat like this affects people's health. While I have air conditioning and it has an humidfier....it si still sending pain shooting up my leg like the Persadies Meteror shower currently going on.  This is the last night for it, but they claim to see 200 falling meterorsan hour in the wee hours of the night.  I cleaned an bit this morning, so by the time Mary and my sister came over I was spent in energy to very much with them....I think they wanted meto tak ethem out to dinner, but I couldn't muster up the energy to do it. Until this happened I was walking around without  the crutches last night. One foot is still badly bruised, bu tthe knee is about 50 per cent healed. Nice going on the Olympics so far...I guess our side is battling like crazy....we have an image to keep up I guess is the problem. All o fthem that are winning are for the most part do it in one second over the competition....that's very close.  They have tears when they win, tears when they lose....and I think everyone there are indeed doing thier best. It is an side of Sports that is not easy to deal with at times

We came up with an problem we don' tknow how to solve as yet....the other night when Colby took me home, I gave him the key to open the garage, whcih has an automatic door opener on it....well, after you get it started, your suppose to turn the key back straight and he didn't do that...he pulled it out sideways position and now wwe have constant power to the over head unit going on, hubby went out to turn it off manually...but it needs repaired to be normal again.he has no idea what is causing it. He's hoping my son can come over an bail him out on it.

Other then that...it's trying to keep up with things around the house and watching TV and sleeping an lot for right now....last night...first night I was able to go downstairs and outside....about 12 or 13 steps in all...get in the truck and go see the kids.  Sarah had an tooth pulled and didn't sound to good, so on the way home stopped an had colby go and pick his mom out some flowers...pick up her spirtits....he comes out with long stemed red roses...and I had to laugh..".son like father" I guess..cause that's what my son ususally gives her. I'll have to call out and see if she's feeling better. Still not done with her TV set credenza...but they did get the third layer of stain on the top of it, so now it's just sealing the stain.  They can move it in place. I go for now...and things are indeed stacking up around the house to be done...but little at an time. I talk to you later on...where's "James" at? You know Mr. Prescott and myself are related don't don' t you...and so was the guy picked me up last week off the asphalt parking lot.  In all, I had am man and wife, two other men, and lady and her tow daughters, the manager, and his assistant...and emergency showed up also....though I told them I thought I could handle it...thanks though...there's been times I've used thier services.Soooooo...I talk an bit later on, maybe after the heat wave...as they have heat advisories out this weekend...take care everyone. Right now its 97 degrees here....at 10 pm to be 81 degrees.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:24 on 15th August 2016
WEll someone took my posting..... so to hell with doing it...butt-theads.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:58 on 17th August 2016

I've spent two days now on the family legacy over here reading stuff that isn't compatible with what anyone else says...irritating to say the least.

I tossed my crutches and cane away today...see how I walk on my own without them.  Knee abrasion the size of an small bandaide...bloody pinky fireger nail.completely healed....still taking it easy though and not pushing myself. Still kind of slow going in ways also. Next three days in the three digit numbers....hubby at an Scout popcorn meeting.

Will go an relax an bit tonight....rounding up stuff for craft work to get done before Christmas. Talk to you later on. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 08:51 on 20th August 2016

Hum...full moon out there tonight....probably go to bed taking an water pill though.....it was 100 degrees today...and suppose to be nearly tha that tomarrow. I've been sleeping/awake/sleeping/wake over the last 24 hours....waking up to cook meals when it's cool at night. Last I checked it was 80 here in the house when it was 90 outside. The kids callled from the coast, they said the drive over resulted in an 30 degree drop in the heat factor.

The fella in the Olympics that won the Gold from Oregon...his mother was one of my teachers...though not at Barlow which is now walking distant away from me, but at Gresham Union High School. Patsey Crouser was her name. I'm not sure if she still alive or not though. You know for the most part we simply had good teachers back then.

WE had an heavy east hot wind today, we watered the flowers out front, I picked off about 24 flowers off five dahalia bushes today from that widt and it blew over one pot that broke into pieces also. Huby watered tonight and I went out an ferrtilized and watered again....cause they look next to being in shock.

Kids pets are downstairs, ours are upstairs. Glad we have that door between floors or we'd probably by now have gereral mayhem going on in my house.So guess I go for tonight an it's over with after tomarrow. Talk to you all later on.

My computer says that there's an function it has these days that keeps the public from signing into my web site...so I have no idea if anyone reads my postings or not. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:43 on 23rd August 2016

I read your posts Shirley, but just lately have been bugged with illness and working outside trying to catch up. Taking the tablets allows me to get  a certain amount done, but boy does it hurt!

Hi to all POEsters...

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 08:14 on 24th August 2016

Sorry to hear of the pain...been through enough of that myself lately.....I think we are in an current "time warp" of some kind Ron...real weird stuff going on.  Yes, I had plans today to work on this little foot stool  I am recovering and spent the whole afternoon reading magazines from England/France/ Holloweeen/and women's chit chat books....like I wasn't in myself today. Late tonight I see Italy had an bad earthquake. Lot of damage also, one town is half demollished....you know thier buildings over there.....and it was in an very old section of the country. NE of Rome. I'm getting the feeling like someone else mentioned...volcanic? ....see how things go later on, having an trememdous amount of after shocks also. By tomarrow they should know more.....rather unexpected... and yet not for some reason.  I kin dof kissed my plants goodbye fo rthe season with the last 3 days we had the 100 degree weather...this is not palm tree territory...nor that of catus plants. I'd say many of them are now 25 per dead. So it may be an early season to  put them down for winter coming up.  They can't take the heat and can't take heavy hot winds...I may of lost plants 38 years old and total about $500 to replace if I can even find them this big.  Talk to you later on. Bad Omen in ways.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 22:57 on 24th August 2016

God day...headed for 90 degres today...I watched an man walk toward my car just an bit ago...and went out to see him and couldn' t find him ...hum...wonder where he went to. Glad I shut the garage door earlier though.

Death tolls on the Itialn quake yesterday are now something like 120 killed...and it apparently had an quake in years back, same area that killed 300 people. They are saying they can hear hurt people blow the rumble of buildings but don' thave the heavy equiptment to get them free....I think they said yesterday the red cross was responding thoughto this diaster.

Now something we have been talking about....with the flooding down in Louisiana.....the boot shape of this state is getting lost due to soil erosion.....they posted pictures....but say not to many have mentioned it except to locals. They have serious problems there also. Our local morning news ran an banner on the bottom of the screen thatoff shore Oregon is having an swarm of small quakes that they hope are influcing the big fault line we have off our coast line from Canada down to California. But they have swarms there anyway from time to time. No offencse bu tthat man I just saw from teh side, reminded me once again of My hubby's great grandfather...James Lawson. Whom told me to go north when the going got bad around here.

I'm going back to my " Victoria" magazines on England and the one I have on France. I was compelled to buy them, so there must be somethign in them meant for me to know or understand. ..Talk to you all later on.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:52 on 27th August 2016

Hello there.....hot day today.....they say the last one fo ran week with maybe some rain showers at th end of it. 95 degrees here and 99 degrees in Oregon City...my sister came over to sit in some air conditioning. Since I have anbuilt in humidifer she probably lost an couple of pounds also. We are havingkitty cat lessons....called stay off the table or get screamed at around my house. Neighbors got back from vacation bu thubby says they are leaving pretty soon again back down to southern Oregon....hubby's salesmen all went back east tonight also...yearly get together done for this year. They showed where an bank of fog was coming in tonight at the coast an again said in 3 hours temperatures dropped 30 points.  I bought an most unusual picture the other day...when you look staright at iton the right side is a line of trees in front of tall buildings....in teh background is the Effel Tower...and at the very bootom an flaa on an bike, about half of him....down the street is an young couple sharing an umbrell...and th eleft side is an flower shop with lots of flowers out fron to fit...below two story building. Now...it you look straight on to the picture...it's got an grayish kind of foggyish look as if it is drizzle rain time tha trecently stopped....but if you look at this picture sideways...everything becomes crystal clear and in vivid coloring...esp the flowers. Nothing kind of an dismal day unless you look straight at it...and I'm wondering how they painted this picture to get this effect in it. Even this guy on the bike is sharp and in vivid coloring. I picked it up in an thrift shop for half it's original pricing. It really intrigues me an bit to look at it.Well, what hubby and the guys didn't consume at work was brought home by him the last couple of days....food galore...esp big platters of veggies, fresh fruit....he said today was an BBQ. They even sent me home an small hunk of smoked Salmon for my lunch also. Hope everyoen had an good time, I'm still nursing my legs bu tthey are getting better...tire easily...sometimes numb feeling also...but it its an work in progress I guess. Talk to everyone later...started some o fmy craft projects also...have an good weekend.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:01 on 29th August 2016

Hoping you soon feel better Shirley I know what it's like to be in constant pain.

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are.