Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 23:11 on 30th July 2016

Hubby is back home again, unloading camping gear..tired and talking grumpy..probably needs some rest now.

Over in earthboppin.net of course the big news is James O. Berkland passed on....I was one of the few stayed at his web site and supproted him to the end...though they give him such lavish wordage over threre...such are the times. Most turned on him when he needed help the most....such are the times.  Anyway, I got hi slast letter in th email today, half composed by him and half by his son also...he said the doctors leveled with him...he was in the late stages of heart failure and having kidney problems. In the last several years he displayed in his letters his love fo peotry, his history of himself and area and his general humor, over just his earthquake expertise.  I think he was putting out an mighty fine letter every month to recive also. He was an world traveler with his geology knowledge alone...and avent lecturer....when his health was better he was an regular on coastocoast with hsi thoughts on earthquakes...author of several books...and had his finger in the pie in about everything Glen Ellen, Califonia was doing. This year he told he was feeling an bit "pyschic" these days also. I havew todl so many people it's like having one foot on the other side most the time. Will miss him. he taught the world that at advanced age, an person can still be in the world without ......sitting in an old folks home.... locked into the 1950's.  His son left us an humorous story I'd like to share with everyone....

Young jimmy Berkland work in Alaska for the USGS before being hired on as the county Geologist for Santa Clara County, in 1973. In one of his many long-distant hikes across that cold and rocky terrain, he ran out of canteen water. However..rather then take an one mile hike from the main path to an river stream, he continued on, conjuring an image in his heart's timely and true desire....PEPSI

(sure enough back at base camp, in an small ice chest.... two chilled bottle of Pepsi-Cola) 

Jimmy pushed on with the fortitude of an Alaskan Black Bear...MIle after mile under well worn hiking boots, his legs ached, his feet blsitered, but the pain was subdued behi

nd his singlar thought...PEPSi

as he pushed toward the summit...his colleagues were heard below at Basecamp...So close...PEPSI

At long last, Jimmy reached the front of the flap of his tent and reached out with an exhausted arm...his shaky hands closing around the  door zipper....Pepsi 

From behind, jimmy heard one of the young geolgists call over to him...."Hey Jimmy, we drank your Pepsis"

(As it turns out, the other geologist was just joking...however whenever his father would tell this story he always added..."I've never been an viloent person, but that's the closest I've ever coming to killing an man"?...*smiles* 

So... I leave you an bit of humor from JOB...and as God takes him "home" now. I will write better later on...this is the first time in two days of 93 degree heat....everything is trying to recover...particularly my flowers, I lost two hanging baskets also,don't know if they will ever recover now. The heat scorched them, the incoming winds dried them out into death like it was indeed death vallley. I watered again this morning, but have no idea if I can take them out of the shock of the last two days....So talk later on. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 06:41 on 1st August 2016

Shirley says >> Hubby is back home again, unloading camping gear..tired and talking grumpy..probably needs some rest now.

All normal then Shirley? lol

Hope all is well with POE members wherever you are.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:39 on 3rd August 2016

Everthing just went blank on me, had to start all over again.....Yes, things are back to normal...took a couple of days though...and even th cats are mellowed out now.....got an letter in the mail yesterday...from my grandson at camp...three notes...telling me what he was doing and ending his notes..."love you an whole lot of bunches Grandma"made me feel good, I still have his father's first "note" from Scout Camp probably 20 years old by now.These notes are really enduring to us when we miss them you know and wonder how all is going. 

Tonight was national Neighbor week, so we went up the end of the street and had lots to eat and lots of conversation also. Joyce got my neighbor to come along that just lost her hubby...and we all seemed to have an good time, fire department showed up as usual also.  One group was the guys showed up when my neighbor guy died, so he was there to hug her once again...she was pretty berreaved...and yes, it took her by surprise. Something she wasn't ever thinking of happening that day. But she's getting along better and she says his best friend, he'd known for years has done an lot of talking to help her get going onward in life again. It's no teasy you know.  So we needed the laugh time also.

Today was one of picking up the peices before we left on our vacation in things needed done, got my hearing aide straightened out, insurance papers to the credit union, made deserts for the neighborhood also....we had strawberry cheese cake, fresh grapes..green and purple and some strawberry's, tater tots,  old world cookies and an round platter of nacho dips with taco chips and salsa....others brought apple pie, brownies, casseroles...so those guys ate really well. Someone had an old high school book...with my picture in it also....1965.  She graduated that year...and now she's an great grandmother. My how times changed.  Nice evening...getting an little chilly by the time we left but we were all well over the hour of time set to close the event also. Did a lot of talking about how the nieghborhood had grown since we all first moved in.  Not to much can I say exactly.

Good to see you here Ron, don' t feel so all alone in the forum. Leslie and Jim were the only two I noticed missing tonight...from across the street....that ususally show up every year.  So I guess I go for now. She made an really good homemade apple pie also..went well with an glass of cold milk tonight. Talk to you all later on.....  

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 23:26 on 4th August 2016

I think the world has gone bonkers in the last 48 hours in all kinds of things.....people playing games mostly.

I heard an American was killed near the British Museum...I take it an tourist perhaps...I haven't seen much more on it other then an headliner report. If indeed this  guy is correct...and naturally he's always correct....he's forcasting an mega quake the end of this month into early September....but fails to etll us where it's going to be....hum....JOb would say..."thumbs down"...not good enough.  Then there's the thingy about Novemeber 20th, 2016....where the planetary aspects are of the wordage of Revelations of the woman engulfed with the sun behind her....Virgin Mary.....and she's later preganant and the "red dragon" is there to take her baby when it's born....she will have this baby around Sept 17 of next year...and has something to do with the "Fatima" legacy also. Sounds like "judgement" will be upon us also in the days ahead......but you know...Donald Trump announced he was comin gto Oregon the end of the month...and he never stops judging in ways...he should meet my brother....he told me an couple years back that HE was GOD. I have an hard time buying into that one also.. So get out your little chalk boards and check off the hits and misses that are suppose to be coming about starting the end of August. Bernie Sanders backers wlaked out of the Democratic Convention....my hubby says he may not vote for an President....he says....let's try out one of the running "Vice President's" instead....hum. May you have an good day and not get knifed by someome....talk later on! Thy charged me here in town 50 cents more today for four McDonald's Chicken McNuggets...and it's been high way robbery in ways all day long for me. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:11 on 5th August 2016

I know how you feel Shirley and totally agree. This so-called 'PC world' that we live in today has created all sorts of problems for us and not for the better either in my opinion. No matter what is suggested here, often to improve life, there always seems to be one that objects and sometimes for the most stupid of reasons.

As for being ripped off I reckon Britain tops the list, whilst scamming in all shapes is a worldwide issue. If you have got money you can bet your life there is somebody waiting even scheming to take it from you, so my best advice is don't even open your mouth or they'll have your false teeth away!

The human race is generally selfish and lazy until it comes to wealth. And then what when you have made your millions, what do you do with it apart from bank it? Why not do some good with it, help those who are struggling at the other end? Answer, no I'll hang onto it...selfish!

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are struggling...

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 08:56 on 5th August 2016

WEll, Ron, Doanld Trump came in to tell everone to sell thier stocks today...now he has the money to probably create financial problems for the USA...most likely to show us he's in the know on the economy maybe....he will be in Portland the end of this month I guess also. About an hour ago I had an very loud distinctive Left ear tone...pending quake should come in within 24 hours. I think the Pacific ocean area some where, but with the Solar Flare activity pushing up the KP Index couple days ago, could affect Alaska. Usually the graph bar is green, goes to yeloow, then to read...this on was blue, even higher yet...somewhere around an "7" number. For onkly 80 degrees today it seemed much much hotter...with all this talk about Nov. 20, 2016 I decided to go stock up my emergency pantry today an bit. Plus over all made things an bit more organzied out in my craft room. I thought I'd get things ready to start making these ball shaped Christmas Ornaments....went to the fabric shop...material 30 per cent off....cotton...mind you...can you beleive 2 yards of this cost me $18....on sale. I am thinking of doing things differently now and not much of it, but doing some cross stitch and sewing it on an star shaped piece of the material.  It's got an red background with little golden cross stype stars in it in groups of three. Cross stitch is reidneer, Christmas tree, and something else, of which I can't remember right now. An oddity is taking place around here lately....I go buy groceries at an store, that is self-service....you sack your own groceries.....three times now people have been helping do the that and tonight an "Lead Clerk" helped me take and unload the cart...and it was indeed heavy with four cases of water...and the other items. It's been an long day for me also. Just finsished off soem non-fat yogurt. I spent last night fighting LIons most the night they were turned loose to kill me by someone. Kind of like the Christains during the Roman days. Anyway, I woke up checking my house to make sure everything was well sealed shut...couldn't break in on me. At one time I was hiding in the attic over the garage..Crazy thoughts I suppose implanted in my head by someone. So guess I go for tonight.....more then people are selfish....they can't match up with the people that can help them get what they want...so they stompall over others...leave things in an miserable mess. The answers to our problems are out there if we'd stop and look

how things were done before.....like this homeless situation....they have thre answer to that from about 70 years ago....when Portland had sidewalks with open doors to place cargo down in the bottom basement of the stores.On all sides of these doors in metal...use to be grates of glass blocks for day light down below....and this was where an good many "homeless" use to live under the streets of downtown POrtland, bu tthey use to have this kind of set up in most all the cities on the west coast....Volia...homeless had an free place to live where people couldn't bother them, nice an dry during winter...could take an elevator inside the store to get from the basement bottom to the store inside and out to the streets...and they had employee bathrooms down there also...I think Seattle is the most famous for this and thier oriental population. What do they do now but keep an continual harassment going on for these people in where they can pitch thier tents to live in....and you know they aren't going to go away exactly...the have no place to go. None of us has the tax revenues to really help them either...and the cities down south in California gave them an one way ticket up here and to Seattle....we have 1,000 now o fthese homeless people. But anyway, it worked an long time ago during the depression days...why not now? So I close for tonight and see what tomarrow brings besides my sister...have an good day everyone!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:22 on 6th August 2016
Morning/afternoon to all POEsters wherever you are.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 08:27 on 7th August 2016

Hi Ron....I have been getting all day long and thre past day that someone has put my computer in an mode used for administrative users rather then the regular public. Whixh will not allow any of them to sign into my web site. I guess the answer by Bill Gates how to keep others from trying to hack me maybe? Myabe my niece's new husband...he's into computers also.

Ok, the opening for the Olympics last night...defeinately an vote of 10 for entertainment...and over all happinessby everyone.  My parakeets were something else last night....she was so stressed out she laid two eggs the day before again....well, anyway, while I was putting the the kids to bed....with an towel over the edge of their cage....they decided to watch the opening of the the show. they got themselves in an upper balcony seat in their cage...and side by side watched the lights, patterns, and music of the opening...and the people in general. They looked really like they thought it was something "awesome" going on...they chatted back and forth an bit...like me after 5 hours of all the festivites...they fell asleep against each other...I think they really had an good time last night. This morning I took the towel off when I got up and she was laying ont top of the babies...in the nest she's made. I think I caught him one time whistling at the Rio dancers in thier bright outfits also...as they danced around on the stage.

I just made two pans of homemade peach cobbler, with an new something out for the topping, it didn't look like it turned out very good, like it melted into the peaches for some reason, but it got sent out to my grandkids anyway, so I hope my D-in-law...can rememdy it somehow ...maybe add oatmeal to it and some brown sugar and eat it for breakfast? 

WE had an small earthquake off the Oregon coast right on the Cascadian Sub-ductione zone area....and for some reason I fell asleep outside today in the lawn swing on the front porch...with my kitty cat at the bottom of my feet and It felt like somone wanted to pick me up and take me to heaven and I told them I couldn' t go because I had to prepare some fresh peaches for an peach cobbler...so whomever let me go. I managed to wake up about then, thinking it was my hubby came home....but he nor anyone else I could see was around. I thought about this for an bit, because one time in dire circumstances...I asked God if there was nothing I could do to prevent something bad from happening...to put me to sleep through it....and watch over me for safety. So I was wondering of anything was going on that I should know about...and can't other then the small quake off shore Oregon today and perhaps my cobbler turning to ruin possibly dealing with it.  I felt like I was making mistakes all the way through making it tonight. Of course now...sleeping most the afternoon, I can' t sleep tonight. The quake had nothing out of the unusual in it either...we do have an change of weather tomarrow...low pressure area out there perhaps. Showers coming in by Monday for an bit...but nothing significant iin them either. Anyway...been an interesting day today but and weird one. If I am in somekind of an adminstrative mode...does that mean I can no contact with the public?

Can they see my posts is what I mean I guess. For now I go....what happened to "James" ....Ron ?....and something said elsewhere tonight...as you know I keep saying how the "Anti-christ" is at work with me on the computer, or so Red Elk told me...well, some one said that they picked up that he will go to HIllary Clinton here soon for some reason....I guess because he thinks he can manipulate her after she wins the election?...hum.  I wonder how close friends he is with Doanld Trump also. 

Before I leave....did you know that your country has at least three well recognized names....being "England","Great Britain" and the "United Kingdom" I can not think of any other country that can say that. So having said that...I take leave for now...have an good day tomarrow everyone.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:28 on 9th August 2016

I'm having quite an bad time right now.....I fell down in the Kmart shopping parking lot when for some reason my sandle twisted on me and followed by my foot...and down I went.  I ended up having an group of people helping me, from callling 911 to helping me up...then the manager came along and with his gal they took me into the store an sat me down..and of course had to fill out an accident report.  I tore off half my fingernail on my pinky..it was bleeding, so was my right knee, they put an big gauze patch on taped it down...while my left foot turn blue and swelled up big time.  Two guys picked me up on each side of my arm, while an lady hugged me under my top...and an man slide my feet into standi  up position and then I got handed my walking stick....but theg uys stayed with me to get me in the store....and the manager said to me....take it easy and be patient for an bit so you can gain everything back again. WEll, this finds me of course on two crutches....and the going is very slow. I'm still trying to gain muscle control to stand on my own...and have slept nearly the entire day.My grandson drove me home...as hubby and the kids are building and painting her an credenza for her tv set....and this morning I think he wanted to cry in ways...I lost my body fuilds in the hallway, both ends also...so I'm now on adult diapers also...he helped me clean that up. Got my lunch for me...and did anything I needed done. I told him it was his choice if he wanted to come back but I thought he should go see my son and his wife (mom and dad) an bit tonight. Hubby wrapped my foot last night, but needs it again tonight. So if I'm not in everyday right now...you know why...I am for the most part next to helpless right now...hope it heals well and quickly. I talk to all later on...have an good evening. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 22:40 on 10th August 2016

Day three...still on adult diapers for lack to run fast enough when I have to go to the bathroom, I can barely get them on me though even if I lay them on the floor and try to shimmy them up me..because of the stiffness and pain...... grandsons' 3rd day here today...I can now at times hang onto things an walk an bit without crutches, losing my desire to sleep constantly...grandson and I made pancakes/ham and eggs yesterday..it's been months since I've ate them due to my diet..maybe years by now. Sure tasted good, but every night has been an challenge to eat out and stay on budget also. I still have not been able to wlak downstairs as of yet even with the crutches. Very slow going. But I di dwatch Micheal Phelps win the swimming gold metal last night on TV...rain an dclouds clearing out for an over 90 degree day tomarrow...I think they said 92 last night. I smell popcorn...grandson must of made him some of it..it's kind snack eating lunch I think. My cat needs help also...his back look like its having problems, he may have to have an new flea collar, though I think lady cat beat the heck out of him the other in cornering him.  He cam in last night an fixed his wounds and cleaned them up and held him an bit..he seemed to appricate it...and the pain killer himself. I am checking into the people involved in thsi thing about Francis BAcon being Queen Elizabeth's secret son with Robert Dudley...have you guys ever heard about an vault found under BRuton Parish Church in Williamsburg, Virgina....supposedly his...they found there an complete line up of documents concerning running the new colony in paper work, even the constitution supposedlyly before the Revolutionary  War, with England.  I think these papers may be part or all o fthem so called "Treasure" at Oak Island up north also.  It may include connections to Virgina Willam Larkin, in that he may be the son of CARdinal William Warham....ousted by King Henry VIII because he refused to let him divorce CAtherine of Aragon. Many that came over then were ousted out of England by Henry VIII. I also see that there's an new book out on the three women relatives surrounding King Henry VIII now on the book stands...by Gregory. Anyway, it helps keep my mind off my miseries right now....and I think I've been throwing lighting bolts at everyone has any wish to harm me now. California near "Clear Lake" has an 5 magnitude quake today and they just released to findings on the bridges in Porltand for large quakes...only of the 10 of them only 3 "might" be left standing...most o fthem will go down. ASto the interstate bridge between Oregon and Washington states...130,000 people travel it daily....it's expected it its towers will crumble onto the road way and into the Columbia River. Article can be found on KGW.com. I go for now, came in for some pain relief tablets. Talk to you all later on.