Heage

in the county of Derbyshire

PEEBLES - SCOTTISH BORDERS

Peebles

in the county of Borders

Ford Village, Northumberland.

Ford

in the county of Northumberland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:44 on 21st July 2016

Gee, I feel like I am talking to myself so won't stay to long tonight....was just reading that our Planet X or Niburur may of been hit by an asteroid the last day or two. Others are yelling  "here it comes" will tilt the earth as it goes by....hum. All this starts next month I guess also. Few warm days coming up now also...only day for possible rain is tomarrow and we are both into things before he leaves all next week...for Scout camp. But just listening to what is going to be going on around here from Friday night into Saturday before they take off sounds like one heck of an ride getting to camp on time...but I have all faith they will make it there...but an lot of gear will be incoming and out going that day and grandson gets picked up and stays here over night to help wtih the packing....then they all meet together to take off yo gert there in an group also.... I think I will just stand back and let them go at it. We were picking up latern mantels tonight to take with them. So I go for now...have an good evening.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:08 on 21st July 2016

Hi Shirley....I'm back dear friend after a bout of illness that effectively stopped me doing anything, but nice to see that you missed me here in the forum.

I see we have a couple more new members adding comments, that's good and thank you to them. Pity more don't get involved, even if just to say hello.

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are and hope you have a good day.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:38 on 22nd July 2016

Well, Ron ..nice to see you here again.".bout of illness"...hope it wasn't to bad....Eureke, California had an 4.8 quake earlier...our earthboppin.web site host lives in the area...said he was cleaing up weeds in his yard when it happened.Tonight we have terrific winds..as Thunderstorms were suppose to be in the area...looks like so far they went up the Columbia River headed for Mt. St. Helens possibly instead...but it's still cloudy and windy out there and very warm. I told hubby earlier tonight that tonight would be the last time we could go to Sheri's for an SeniorSalmon dinner before he's gone next week...so we went. Got the good chef also, so it was really good...and my iced tea...so now I've also called the grandkids and my sister and told them to come on over next week when it's warm, I have the kiddie pool set up and air conditioning also. Rather it's for an visit or an overnighter.  See what happens. Walked twice today...not to far..... but it's an drastic improvement from weeks ago. Did some more yard work also, kind of cleaned things up around our yard since "vacation" and fertilized the plants, and have the garden left to do...but things looking niffy out front. My wall of flowers with my park bench in front and my 1800's three solar lamp street light looks nice.All surounded with flowers blooming.

How's James doing...I have an question for him....why can't I seem to get an good foundation stock on my rose bushes?...they bloom nicely..... but on the spindlest branches.  So I have to fill in the bottoms of the tubs to make an decent presentation out front. First blooming look nice, second blooming they start looking spindly branches

These are yellow roses with an pink edgeing to them....use to call them the "Peace" rose. Well, everything stopped being windy like the light switch was shut off for tonight...weird. I go for now..have an good evening everyone. Republican National convention ends tonight with Trump's message. There are all kinds of people tearing up cities across that land protesting to get him "out"..... but they never do for some reason...and yet he says everyone else is an bit shadiy in behiind the scenes dealing...hum.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:17 on 24th July 2016

Good evening...are you going to babysit me this week while hubby is gone?...my sister comes over Monday, and Idon' t know yet if any of the grandkids will come over and stay as of yet..some of them are working.. I have my working on my weight to deal with this coming week...but in an sour mood tonight. Might start an book to read it.Two people I know of right now are "on the edge" of life in ways..but expected to recover.  Reading about HIllary's running mate tonight. Sounds pretty solid...has all the classifications to make people happy these days in ways....I wonder of he can play the song "Shanadoha"..on his harmonica....I know I didn't spell that one correctly...it's an river in Virgina. But I think the melody of it's very soothing to listen to.  Last time I heard it was at an campground in northerm California Redwoods by the campfire. Nice day...good for all week long on the weather also..won't be getting hotter until next Thursday. So, I best take my bath and get it over with...they are at the end of Leadership training tonight and go on to Scout Camp tomarrow morning. Left at 4 pm to the first one, come home, wash those clothes and pack them up and leave tomarrow morning.

My neighbor up the street as I was walking by came out of her house and motioned me over to her...so I went and she said to me, just wanted to you to know how nice I think your front yard looks with the flowers..We also got our Neighborhood Assiociation notice for an neighborhood gathering August 2 yesterday...an yearly event.  In the meanitme...talking to the "kid" who tells me he is an Type one diabetic...he says that his folks went through my neighbors house up for sale...all it had in it was empty boxes...this is most likely an one millon dollar house....but noticed he came back in his new fancy fifth wheel yesterday afternoon also. I don' t know "why" but he reminds of an "Warlock" maybe...long story on that one..... I go for now though an talk later on.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 18:57 on 24th July 2016

I opened up coming to thsi forum under an new tab....private...don't knwo what that means. WEll, guys are gone now.I started reading an book..things aren' t moving to much today on the internet, posted messages are not new ones...so will go for now and see you lateron I guess.  

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:15 on 25th July 2016

James is on the way over Shirley! lol

Don't be letting him have too much nectar!

Hi to all POEsters.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:51 on 26th July 2016

What is h..nectart?...an bumble bee?   Hot enough we tried the little pool for my leg therapy out just an bit ago, delightful...perfect warm but not to warm water. My sister has been over today...and been watching what we eat, but feel like gorment meals snuck up on us.  Tried to keep them in portion. Rearranged the man cave downstairs today while the babarian is out and about, but he still showed up today for of all things....netting for misquitoes's...maybe they could use some fish in an pond up there that indulges on misquitoes? Mountain got up to 89 degrees today..they are on the far side of it. Where all  the thunderstorms were last wek. So, moving right along....reading an book now, got the instructions for some new Christmas Crafts to try out....and getting ready for my grandkids in an day ro so.

Good to see you Ron....more the merrier as they say.  Time to play solitare on the I-pad for an bit...so talk later on....have an good evening.  

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:36 on 27th July 2016

Hi...well keeping myself busy around here this week, just finished watering front and back tonight for the hotter days coming up....rearranged hubby's man cave and then worked on his bedroom today. Washed some blankets and so forth and what not....while I was out the other day I saw an Tabloid....about Kate being angry over the thought of them turning the house Princess Diana grew up in into an "Tourist" attraction and rent out the rooms for lots of money...nightly. Kate says "NO"...it's thedingity of the thing with respect toward her and the kids. then it goes on to say that  ubcle Spencer's wife is making goggely eyes at Prince William...flirty little moves around him....and she's unhappy at that going on also....you know how Tabiloids are...one reason for the most part I don't buy them, but this one didn't make much sense to me for these days. ..so I bought it to see what it said.  As ususal...nothing to nice.  

Didn' tget as much done as I wanted to today, cause my leg was bothering me....but last night....last night in the dark I heard an trememdous crash sound that sounded like someone had hit our car...or there was maybe an small sharp Jolt of an eathquake going through my house....so I got up and went outside an looked...didn't see nothing...came back in both cats were with each other on the landing wating for me....I went through the house and still didn't see anything...so went to bed. This morning I saw what it was...I have an side table that' s made in an cross, holds an very heavy glass top on it,  Apparently when kitty jumped from it to the sofa back, the glass was uncentered and it slide down on the floor sideways...but still had it's tablecloth over the top of it, so didn't notice it..until day light....at least I was glad to find out the culprit for the noise last night.  Kind of startled me also....my sister was here last night also...so wasn't as bothered as I was curious. 

Cool enough I used the oven an baked the pork riblets for my dinner tonight...have plenty left also...I lightly BBQ'd them and bought me some garlic mashed potatoes and made fresh veggies to go with it all. At any rate...it's late and I'm ready to go an relax an bit for now...long day...Have an good evening/morning or what over their in merry ole England. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:41 on 28th July 2016

Here comes the heat wave, let's hope its not to bad, most of Canada is under rain as well as the mid-west but broke the 113 degrees of last week...bet they are thankful for that....turned over to see the President talking at the Democractic Convention...he just took the place over and then some, what an speech. So much of it's true also, until people can understand they are the change they are waiting for in life...things are not going to get better..it was an positive and thoughful ordeal with an lot of good advice to it. He said, the truths his grandparents taught him is still just as much alive today as it was years ago.. things like respect, hard work, caring about others...sharing when you can, making good changes also...using your right to vote over the issues...not the violence of guns. I listend to his magnificent speech well said tonight and thought back at a time when he was little known in our state, and I remember someone said...this guy's got good values....hope he gets in so he can use them....and so it was I listened to him, decided for myself and voted for him the first time around...and so far I can say I've not been sad for doing that either. I think he walks with the thought of "God" principlas on his tongue.....more so then politcs at times. No he's no tperfect, he admitted to that one...but he's trying to take the right path for all of us. He blessed our country, our people and and asked everyone to give an helping hand tonight. I do see some badly needed changes taking place locally though...like the homeless....they are giving them an chance to actually have an place to call thier own in an warehouse situation and outside of it...helping with security...and you know what they found out....they are most willingly to help themselves if given the tools and the material to do it with.  To get out of thier tent living and into an make shift small shed type house. Companies are dropping off lumber for free so they can make them on thier own. The warehouse has been made into an hugesoup kitchen and separate "space areas also....they have nearly 1,000 people to try to get into shelters before winter this year...many of these people were given an one way ticket north out of California...because they didn't want to be bothered with them.. But anyway, they have bathrooms/water/electricity on an minimal scale now, they are trying to get the families into housing. So I see progress being made there. Many of these people are the elderly or those with physical problems, or don't have the education to work in today's world. I'm glad for them, and I'm glad someone stopped shoving them about and are trying to do something to truly help them survive....without raising our taxes...cause most of us are barely making it day to day at times. But anyway, an tired tonight, busy day today from me....talk to you later on...talk about luck... Tokyo, Japan are had an 5.4 quake today...it had an deep depth so wasn't felt as badly...no causualties or damage...thank heaven for small gifts in life like this.  

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:48 on 29th July 2016

Good evening....well, they are both in for the President and the election this coming November...I watched both the last speeches they gave(Trump and Hillary) plus Obama's.  It was hot today, 93 degrees, kids came over.. little ones went swimming with Logan in there with them....treated them to McDonalds. I've read 48 pages of my book yesterday...but once again have yard watering to do on my flowers and perhaps the back yard on the veggies. dry wind was blowing this afternoon.  All I need in the house right now is the kitchen floor mopped this week and perhaps some windows cleaned. I've pretty much changed every room in something. Shopped 3 times now, washed clothes twice, dumped the garbage, mailed the bills, did the dishes, cooked my meals... and going at it like there's no end to things needed done around here. So I will quietly slip out of here for tonight and call it another day...have an good one coming up.