Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Birling Gap, East Sussex

Birling Gap

in the county of East Sussex

Taylor Park snow

St Helens

in the county of Merseyside

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:41 on 9th June 2016

From what we hear Shirley it seems Hillary Clinton could be indited so that being the case will she hand it to Donald Trump and is that why he is pursuing the fight, we shall see what happens eh?

Hi to all POEsters

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:38 on 10th June 2016

I'm not sure...but I think when I was told by the "other side" that she would win possibly...that she's gotten this far, and she's gonna need an strong person or people backing her also...but I think one of them will be her husband.  You forget, she's already lost one primary bid in the Presidency before...perhaps it humbled her an bit.  When you see that she still came back, she seems pretty determined to be our first female President. She could stand to clean up her records on her financial affairs. I think Donald Trump has an pretty good chance also...BUT...people are afraid his kind of truth, though it needs to be said, will also see us in an war in no time....something none of us need right now. His astrology chart says he will be less then idealically happy if he wins though.....and while she"s accused of being crooked...he's accused of lacking positive points on his finances also. Another day in the country...God runs it...the women back God in helping us get places, when they do righteousness...as does the public. Maybe that's true role of men, to stand behind thier woman in protection within the country.. instead of out and out war?

It's raining out now, the ships amde it in, they showed some of the parade floats getting built this morning...and very nice family of little tigers..and mad eto perfection also, and cute...they will be looking like they are pracing on each other with tails wagging, eyes blinking and heads truning up an ddown and to an fro. It's suppose to be raining....bring your warm coat, and your chair, and your canopy for the parade, mothers and littl kids out front, thir men behind them. Won' t matter if it's raining.

I got an message that after tonight my computer security is needing replaced, if my computer guy is in tomarrow I'll take it in to get it all up-dated...but since he doesn't work weekends...unless I can get it back..I might not be in for an day or so. 

Leg was bothering me today and then some...why I have no idea...maybe the rain?  But Putty cat, he noticed it and he insisted he had to come to me and put his head down on my chest and "love me" today...so I didn' t gert my sleep in hopes it would go away. I stayed up and made hubby some BBQ's Pork Ribs with some smoked beans instead. He just took off for Round Table tonight....scout leaders and next weekend there's an hike also with the troop.

So have an ton of clothes that need folding and better go and get at it. Checked out my grandson yesterday with the burned leg, he says he can hardly wait to come over swimming...but can't do that until he gets an doctor's release.  I know...go have another piece of graduation cake.  As far as I know all the schools ar eout now, with two of the older ones here in town testing positive for lead in their water. Betcha I know what thier maintence Dept will be doing this summer.

Have an good evening everyone...still busy at times until after my birthday on the 13th....when I turn 68...and have as much work to do daily as I did at age 40. Sure seems like time is going faster though...and I have an scientific expalnation why that happens also. NO...it's NOT old age either...LOL. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:43 on 10th June 2016

Okay, so what's the explanation Shirley? Were waiting...lol

Hi to all POEsters

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:00 on 10th June 2016
Good Morning to all--have a nice daySmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:17 on 11th June 2016
Hi to all POEsters, whats on the agenda today then?
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 13:42 on 11th June 2016
Good Afternoon to all.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 00:59 on 12th June 2016

I decided to come in any way....computer guy isn' t back in town from Las Vegas until Tuesday...he's on vacation.The Rose parade started it's parade today with an 17 year old  Indian chief, on his pony, followed by 130 Boy Scouts,...all of them carrying  US...American Flags....followed by an Band from Wyoming, followed by MIller's one more time around band.  It brought tears to my eyes in ways Becuse here is saying that what we have been trying to help and preserve, comes by way of the children for the next generations...and the Lawson home in England you know, they couldn't hold on to it recently and it sold...the ancetors live in Wyoming, an tribut4 to them.....and of course the MIller family had built the house my parents rented when they moved into town...and it's an band of well over 100 people from age 7 to 70...anyone that has an love of music...it was an grand parade over all though....instead of having digniatries in cars, they gave all the mayors of the small towns that wanted to participate noticed by having their own parade of mayors, Instead of leaving out the smaller town floats, Washington state made bells with open tops for city "Queens" and the skirt of the bell represented their towns festivities there...such as the Lilac festival, the Boating regetta, etc. The international section of the paraade...also has something different...in one f theirt sister Cities...riding in carts pulled by their people as they played drums and chimes...in costumes....  Nearly all of South East Asia was representative...with colorful costumes and they looked like butterfiles going down the street...and another group when they got together made out to be with their veils...roses marching downing the street, South of the border was represented by colorful costumes and thier floats singing Hispanic/Latino music....and lot of Aztec Native cousums with spikes for thier hair like palnts drumming also.  The peace corps had thier own representatives, and Canada was there, Brtish Columbia was there, The Scottish was there, The Irish were there,...and I could keep going on...Vintage cars were there, and tribute to the history of firemen, and of course Alaska Airlines, the military,  several service groups, chool bands galore, National HIstoric trust, getting ready to accept the Memorial Colsuium for it's contribution to culture...Yep, that's where the Beattle first palyed in the state of Oregon and in 1977 won thier first and only so far Basketball championship, just turned the streets of Portland wild with happiness and pride.  an community effort, lots of horses, rodeo pricesses, old wagons...and Spirit Mountain Cascino...whom has contributed over 60 million dollars to our area and in keeping the Parade going when it was bad econmoics going on...all around...it was an "God" type of really good people gettting together and fine parade to me for my birthday. Had everyone there that I am well aware off most my life, even the St. Louis Clydales horse and team group, who use to leave my heart beating as an kid when they crossed over the bridge we were standing on... it vibrated...each horse weights 1, 000 pounds you know. It did not rain It's cloudy right now but it didn't rain.  People were not in their coats either...so fine day all around. The floats were fabulously done and had an animal theme pretty much and were animated. I like the one with the mother tiger and her little cubs wrestling and nubbling on each others ears...kicking thier feet. I go for now, we had an grandson's over this morning and they carted an load off to the dump...all the little flower pots from years before and things worn out. Its' been an good day.

I go for now...Enjoyed this morning...and for you guys that like to play golf...they are... Edgewater Golf Club is having an June 30 to July 3rd celiberity Golf match going on to benefit all the Boys and Girls Clubs across America, this is the one they say is one of the most jovial and fun games to watch...it's not an competition match of everyone under stress to win it. It's like good friends enjoying each other...but they are sellling tickets this year so the public can watch them play also....you never know what's going to happen.

One other things they did...they had little pods of clowns in the parade and high school chior groups...that sang and played with the crowd when it slowed down for any reason...it amazes me ho wthey don' t have any music cal accompanient and bit the ir voices only, you never guess...and the clowns...my great uncle...he was an "shriner "Masonic Lodge member in California for years on end, they kept us laughing...besides teasing everyone... they handed out offical big red noses/snozzles?. They now have an Junior league that comprised of kids and they have green noses.

Now I go...have an good day everyone! 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:52 on 13th June 2016

I decided to tell you that Hillary Clinton should know that my freshman in High School grandson and our scout master's grandson(Scottish)... are both going to leadership scout training in July through the Scout Council, would she like to get an few pointers when they get out on running things? They will most likely learn how to round people up to live in tents... under tree limbs.. while it's raining...dealing with wet matches, and hungry younger kids galore...on an budget next to nothing..... Just my guess though. After an week of that, they come back one day and head out to this year's summer camp up at Mt. Hood. AS strange as it is...we have had our kids help in the lodges at times, one year we got our neighbor girl into our scout troop so she could work as an swimming life guard at one of their camps all summer long. There she meant "Josh" another likewise leader....and after school they married...she is now an mother of two girls and an full fledged elementary teacher in Washington State...she has used my grand-daughterin helping her run " her" 4-H summer camp of young kids also in the past.  Despite girls or boys and what camps there is the need of cross over help on both sides..but we do keep them supervised well in the process. Yes, I use to help with our Troop in making evening desert...and as an spoof to me one year...the senior scouts in our troop in t-shirt and formal tie made us "seniors" members an steak dinner one night....and we had an lot of fun in doing that also. But cuter yet was Sharon and Dorothy..two of the mothers that went through our summer camp one year picking up things not put away properly...they stomped into camp wearing fish fins...snorkles on their noses,...gloves on their ears....and if they didn't look rediculous lumbering along like monsters....hankerchief's hanging out their back pockets and an hammer  in one hand...gatoraide drink in the other.  Our Scout Master asked th eboys who they belonged to...and everyone everyone went runnin gto get back their equiptment...as we all laughed watching it.

So...tomarrow everyone packs up...ship fleet leaves...the carnival leaves...people go back to work, and the Rose Parade is over for this year..... I dare to say.. I turn another year older tomarrow. I know my diet will not allow me anything more then one piece of cake..maybe share it with hubby? Where did the time go to...me needs more time in my life.... to do more things I think. DEfinately need to feel better.

I doubt by the time that if they decide to prosecute Hillary, she'll be in office and back out again before she's brought in front of the bench.  Maybe an dollar down and an dollar an week and by then she'll have it almost paid for?  We will have to watch that situation I guess.  I honestly doubt she hasn't done any much more then any other politicians these days....not many are not paying for their suspected crimes either. The more people involved the harder it gets to really know the truth any more;...but for teh sake of our country...it would be nice they stopped.

I guess I go for now...got Father's Day half finsihed as it is right now and it's not up til next weekend.  My kids live in an double wide manufactured house out in the middle of the country...8 miles out...and face an pasture/meadow to look at. This morning while reading the newspaper...an "Life "Flight" Helicopter landed not to far from thier front door....went up to their neighbor's home and took him to the hospital I guess...much to thier surprise. Hope whatever the problem is he's "OK".  Talk to you all later on.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 06:51 on 13th June 2016

Wow, great and lengthy posts again Shirley that keep the members interested in what you are doing over there, but I sure don't know where you find the time to write as you do, unless you are just very quick with the typing.

Keep them coming Shirley...

Hi to all POEsters

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 20:05 on 13th June 2016

Today is my birthday....couldn' tsleep much last night so I watched an Native American Shamastic healing circle last night...very powerful one. First thing I noticed is I woke up without so much pain in my leg, but almost like feeling like I was in the month of January...and indeed...my birthday Astology says to lay low until Janurary comes and thingswill be opening up for me at that time iin many areas. So..am contemplating making me an cake with just the rainbow colored cake mix and whip cream...but I don't need the calories in ways. 

The weather is very blustry today...and my mind is on canning some food fro this winter...in particular already made jars of beef (Paelo Hamburger...97 per cent fat free) stew...my kind of "Chili" and some jars of just homemade chicken meat....though the canned is now 97 per cent fat free also. An case of each...though thye liked my chili so much the last time I made it it never made it past 2 months. I add an corn/red/green pepers to mine and not so much beans...along with the spices...and my beans are tiny black black beans....chunky tomatoe bits.  Wish I'd have an bumper crop of veggie squash this year from the garden...as I"ve given up pasta (except for Alfredo noodles) and gone to the squash for my spahetti noodles instead...again it's an very chunky spaghetii sauce. One quat sized jar between hubby and I make an full plate of dinner. All I need is to add an green salad. But anyway, this is in the bck of my mind today. I slept in after the healing and feeling like something is clearing in my ailments.

Rain comes in tonight. Maybe my salmon dinner tonight for my birthday. grilled veggies and green salad at an local restrurant.  When we left the kids house....after "life flight" helicopter came down in front of thier house in their meadow, picked up an an neighbor and took off again, to an hospital...seems like they were beign visited by the other neighbors wondering what was going on..whcih they really didn't know much about.  But across the street and way back in is an "Ranch"...and those people rode thier horses over, so we go tto pet them. Big brown eyes. Very well behaved also. On th eother side of them lives an world-wide championship in horse back riding whom owns some specailty animals. Huge ole barn also. They own thier manufactured housing unit...I should say "she".Her family rents otu the double wide houses. Hope it was not the father of the two kids, whose been raising them since thier mother passed away some years back, Cancer....they alternate between him andtheir grandparents in town...esp during school year...but she should be getting up there soon to graduate also. He came to my granddaughters graduation...and her party at the park, the kids were with their grandmother. WE share with them, and them with us in food, clothing, friendship. I am glad he's there to see to it people don't visit my kids without thier parents being there also. He send sin his kids and then goes over to see whose there for himself...so they are never alone much. Plus they have our telephone number also. Kids out there are really growing up and storm these days though...not th elittle kids runnning around an couple of years back now. 

Now I could go to the store an buy myself one piece of cake...it has tiny candy bars in an gooey choclate and chocolate whip cream iceing....with melted cholocalate strung over the top and almonds. But then I could save my diet also...ah...what the heck!...it's only once an year.I need to get out of the house. I'm giving up "diet coke" since I was told drinking it is like embalming yourself..because of the asperteane sweetner they use. If I can find my "Hanson's" soda...it doesn't have thei sweetener in it. But...at times hard to find in the stores..."Diet coke' is more famous. So I go for now and wait for Tony to get back to work...not be on the computer to much. Have an good day everyone!