Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Autumnal view of Westerdale from the western side of the valley. North Yorkshire

Westerdale

in the county of North Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "63"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:45 on 4th October 2015

I really felt lonely this morning, and you kno wwhat they say to that...get involved.

WEll, I heard they were having an artist strreet fair in Troutdale and some kind of harvest activity up at Cascade Locks...so I went to both to find nothing there...my hubby and kids hiked to "Romona Falls" on Mt. Hood...I was asleep when I got his note that he joined them this morning..not that they don' t need to get out of the house in activity doing more then usually do.  So I went an dgot some groceries I needed, callle dmy sister up...picked her up and we went to the other side of Portland as she's never been to "Cabellas" store...and th eHOme Goods store next to it and Natural Seasons next to it...and organic market. Then Micheal's craft store at the last, but we didnt' make it there. She can hardly walk for all the sitting she does in her apartment. But all over inside and out of this shopping mall there are chairs, tables, benches and small cafe's...so we took our time and took her back to her place, came home, and sat down to drink my diet coke an up pulls hubby...4 pm. I made him some dinner and we are reading an resting and getting caught up around here. I know my family days are going out the door if I don' tkeep my weight down so I can do things with them though...and my sister is to some extent already that way. But I had the lonely feeling thsi morning...and last night...Art Bell's call in line was asking people if they had married an "alein"...first one callled in and said Yes...she's as cold as an ice cube being around her these days...second one callled in and said...Yes, she green blood...like when she gets an garden ouchy and gets stuck with an thorn...about then I turned it all off. I was behind in my sleep anyway. I had like 2 hours of the day before. I bought me the most interesting assortment of books the other day

pioneer cabins....then huge recreation lodges...and finally 1.6 million dollar houses these days...then an book on mkaing mosacics...everything...one on some pretty unusal knitting concepts...several cookbooks and several Christmas
craft edition books...one on Germany and their cooking today ...craft books have full sized patterns fo rmaking things in them. Holiday foods also and gifts to make.

at the Goodwill....one is the history of Cabins..whcih they say started off of ships....went ot lean to's and Native American lodges and worked their way into

Hum...my posting messed up...one part jumping over the other....hope you can read and understand it all. 

At any rate...I guess I go for now. Turned out an busy day and th etime went faster also. Talk later on. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 09:35 on 4th October 2015

You will never be alone while you have POE friends Shirley so hang on in there mate until you get through this uncomfortable period. Doc Ron says deep breaths, get back to the diet and smile! Take care Shirley...

Hi to all POEsters

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 11:45 on 4th October 2015

Always take notice of Doc Ron ShirleySmile

Good Morning -enjoy the sun while it lastsSmile

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:36 on 5th October 2015

That was kind of you Ron, I'm one of those people whom know everyone and yet know no one also. Whomever behind my sister got her and her apartment cleaned up,,,,but I noticed her mind was completely "blank" most the time yesterday unless you took her attention for some reason. She still looks rather "Hagared" looking in ways,,,she can hardly walk also because of her sisting all the time. Hubby winterized the boat today....and I made an good big Sunday Dinner and hardly no one ate an thing...why I've no idea...I knwo the boys were sneaking stuff to eat most the day long...but they went for the mashed potatoes and the strawberry cheesecake and that was about it. I stayed up late last night re-doing sissy's room over...seh said I never change thing much. So I turned her bed an quarter way around and moved an table where her bed had been...went through things an sacked up her old time school work she had in the drawers. She says she doesn't want any of it...didn't want to take it home to go through it herself..Made an new wall of pictures of the kids in her room...along with Christmas paintings I collect.  Didn't really want to go to her room much today..wanted to lay on the sofa though pretty much.....she must be getting older, heh? Anyway, things are nice an neat again and now I've got bags of stuff around the house to go through also. Now that they have left, I'm feeling lazy, so it's my turn to sit on the sofa...and tomarrow is "Dancing with the stars" and I think they said thier "Holloween" show. Yes, i need the dieting again...Ron, they put me on Lisporil...supposedly fo rHigh Blood Pressure...now I'm no small person either, but this tablet I wonder how much good it does do,,,it's the size of an tip o fan pencil...and little bitty tiny thing. I honestly don' tthink it's worth the buying. I'm not getting much out of the prescritpions they give me. You all know that Red Rice Yeast suppliments they say work as good as prescription drugs foe cholestrol.  

But anyway...an new week starts now. Hope it's better then last week was in these parts.  

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:54 on 5th October 2015
Good Evening --anyone around??
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:10 on 6th October 2015

Mostly weird stuff...whomever Im pluggedf into at earthboppin, they didn't want me to post this little tidbit...on the 7th try I finally got through...I'll see if it was diverted by whom answers my question......spellking is jibberish so hope you can read this...

At 4.30 am in this morning...I had fallen to earlier to sleep on the sofa and woke up with the moon bright into my face...on the east side of my house... staring me straight on...I thought ... how odd, it should of crossed over the house in the southern sky and be on the east side of the house by now. I went back to bed and didn' tget up until around 10 am this morning. But over in earthboppin.net...in Eureka, California was heard and huge boom for 14 miles down the coast supposedly....and he posted over there about that incident also. I am wondering if they were moving the earth last night..gravitationally. I heard Linbda Mouton Howe investigavive reporter before talking about these "booms" going on and last  she said they were somehow tied into core depth fault lines.  Though in one cse recently she said an grandmother sitting in her chair on the front porch had been tossed into the air several feet when an boom under their house happened. She claims people have been hearing them world-wide...maybe Niburi didn'thit us because they moved our planet so it wouldn't? Sounds like something reasonable and as was said...Donald Trump was out there mouthing off to take our mind of daily goings on also...so they could do it. Otherwise there may of been an "panic" worldwide if the people knew.So was it the moon last night/niburi...... or someother kind of transport in coming for an visit? Did any of you notice this?  If here, will they help us right our wrongs on the earth?

South Carolina hurricane...I do wonder how many might not of drowned or died if they would not have tried crossing flood lines trying to cross streams and such.Last I heard, they had 16 inches of rain...it' snow passing the Barbadoes Island wnd is headed down scaled to the UK...get prepared just the same...those that didn't drown are without water right now, and 72 roads in that state right now are impassable...the main Freeway between northern and southern US is closed. Evacuation centers are opened up all over the eastern side I guess, but particularly in the disaster areas and Pres. Obama has already declared national emergency so they could get help rebuuilding the roads...but now would be an excellant timet to make higher over-passes on some of the roads...with steel and concrete so it's less hazzardous the next time around. Esp main arteries in major cities/highways...I know it's possibel because before you ever cross the Mississiippi River you drive for miles on freeway lifted up off the land because of past flooding. They do it now all the time with water...even in deep water...such as the bridge near Astoria Oregon cross the mouth of the Columbia River to Washignton State...whcih my dad help to build one year...the water is ocean deep there...it is miles long also.. With that I go for now...cleaning my bedroom being I dumped stuff in it out of sissy's room yesterday...just about got it straightened out though. Talk later on. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:38 on 6th October 2015

Once again Shirley interesting post, but food for serious thought.....Wow!!

Hi to all POEsters...

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:23 on 6th October 2015

Hum, that should of said up above the moon was on the east side when supposedly I've only seen in it in the morning on the west side. but sheila answered the question, tellling me when it in it's last phase going inot an new moon..it is in the east side of the morning hours....I'm nor sure if that's correct but she supplied an link to it...so it's only in it's full moon phase that it crosses over my house and isseen in the western sky. 

Randy and Joyce are supposedly headed toward Hawaii at the end of this month to see her brother...and I'm betting she hopes no more hurricanes are headed that way...in fact this latest one is going to be headed here as if someone stopped it in it's mid-path headed for Hawaii...then it's going to split up and part go into Seattle area and part an bit south of Portland  and supposedly bring us rain. You can't believe an thing they tell you these days as to the weather but only for the "Sunshine" and everything is dead grass wise. They di dsay so far 2015 has brought three months of no moisture to it...and after that only occasionally spotty showers.  Kids said up at Mt. Hood they walked across an log to cross the Sandy river hiking to Ramona Falls. If the falls were even running they didn't mention it.This makes week three they started out with plenty of rain in the forecast and changed it to "showery" instead....and we have been lucky if we see enough to barely moisten the street.  Not...good at all.

I worked on my bedroom most of yesterday and watched "Dancing with the Stars" last night. Art Bell host last night says something is wrong at th e9th cicuit courtin Los Angelas....they are allowing the movie monguls to steal the book writing of others for basically "free" to make into movies...denying the writer any revenues from the book....she said last night they (lawyer and her) found 50 court casesand the writer won none of them. They are using the "Switch and bait" method of forming new companies and buying out other older companies and taking all the writings as part of the new companies acquired assets....since they made no signing with the writer... the newer company...they refuse to ackowledge any dealings prior. So the writer has no recourse and getting paid an thing for their work in the film. Ths ihappens so much when there's copyright material and how it's used because most everything you research is from someone else to begin with until it gets to your opinion..or what you want to say. They can rewrite an few lines and call it simliar material also, but not the same. this lady was made to sign an dislosure statement if they funded her...and refused to do it to tell other writers what's going on.  So that must be why movie land isn't to exciting these days on the screen? Same stuff over and over again. I keep getting this "inspect element" showing up being on the computer ever since yesterday trying to post about the moon. Yesterday my trying to post was not going through.  When we squelch the freedom of speech thing....it's not good either. Kind of like communisim of the old day's of the 50/60's. I go for now. You know, if I wanted thsi much sunshine...I'd move elsewhere...and I wish those coming up here would go back down there and stop destroyng our eco-system up here.  Climate warming is coming about because the jet stream is not operating from west to east...it's coming up from the south....and our rain only comes now from the north...which has got to be warming things up in the north...as they need cold on cold of west to east also to keep the ice from melting up there.  It's making for trememdous typhoons out in the Atlantic also from going over Mexico as well to the Pacific. The equator has to produce it own daily "rains" to be normal....and keep the northern hemisphere in it's own element... from the southern Hemisphere. I really don't see what is being accomplished by encouraging things to change.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:31 on 6th October 2015
Keep em comin Shirley-always interesting stories.Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:49 on 8th October 2015

Neiman Marcus

My yu.hoo is back mispelling again...just did an number on Leslie's name. Her and Richard should meet each other, she lives out side of Denver way up high...her hubby works for the road maintence dept to keep the passes and roads open over winter and repaired otherwise. She works at nailing back her roof over winter in the high winds they have and works as an insurance salesman otherwise. Plus shehas an self made house that supplies her winter greens off her back porch, shehas tomatoes growing for an salad when we are giving them up because they cost so much...oh, yes, she also is an Ham Radio operator. An Art Bell fan for years on end. I meant her going to his radio site to listen to his bumper music...and we hit it off until they closed down the web site...use to talk to an guy named "elk" there also, kin do fan car and weather guru to say...last we heard he was up by Seattle someplace. Back in the days when we use to talk garlic over jalopeano's in one's chili  soup makings....and tell jokes amid thier blizzards in Colorado....take thier mind off things being snowed in for days. So...the local travel place in town says..it's got an sale going on for those that want to go to Aloha, Hawaii right now. Get your tickets now. My neighbors are using their free air miles this year to do that. I have an day trip later this week, to the coast...hopoe the weather isn't to bad, but still want it to rain here...starting Friday night...we had rain today ...07 o fan inch...whopee ding!!!  Streets actually GOT wet need I say!  With that I go for now...finsished some Christmas shopping and done completely with my grand-daugher now...including stocking stuffer. Oh, Neiman Marcus..... just came out with thier new Christmas catalouge also. Those guys that have the truly extravagant gifts in the world..... Talk later on!